Another Pin Trading Question

HanCamMom

Earning My Ears
Thank you to all who answered my first Pin Trading question!! I went online to buy some pins and lanyards (I have two preschool kids and the thought of buying two $25 starter kits is just too much). The lanyards alone were running about $7-8 each and I thought I read somewhere that is how much they cost individually at the parks, is that true? I don't want to pay $8.00 + shipping and get to the park and find out they only cost $8.00!! Also, how much should a noncollector pin cost? Again my kids are in preschool and we will just be trading for the novelty of it!
Mommy of Hannah & Cameron

I never did look to see how much the lanyards were at DL. Our lanyards came with our trip package through the Walt Disney Travel Company.

We didn't get into the collective pins also, we just traded to trade. We found the cheapest pins to be $6.50. That was the lowest price that we saw in all the shops inside and out the parks. We bought several pins that Tori didn't like so it wasn't so hard for her to trade LOL!

I believe lanyards are $6 at the parks, so $8 is way too high.

If you have a dollar store near you, you can get lanyards there. They don't have to wear official Disney lanyards. Also, if you have Walgreen's near you, they have 8 packs of energizer batteries on sale for $3.99 and they come with a Disney pin you can trade. Some stores are out but if you can find them it's a good deal :banana: . Good luck!

Wow, I missed that $0.45 increase. Its been a really long time since I've bought a pin in the park. I load up on ebay before we go.

Disney's ebay store, Disney Deals, had lanyards for either $0.99 or 1.99 last week. I think they did say 2004 though. They also had pin lots of 4 pins for $12. I can't check what they currently have or give you a link right now, ebay is blocked while I'm at work. Just search ebay stores for Disney Deals.

Yeah the pin increase started with the May 5th releases and all the other pins got the upgrade a week or so ago

-em

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter