Another Rookie Question - Sorry

DisneyDad

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone, I know this questions been asked a million times but never paid attention to the answer because it didn't pertain to me at the time. Now finally I'm ready to book our 1st trip home (well, we're going to HHI in Mar, but it's not WDW) for Sept 2006 @ SSR, but at the 7th month window would like to make the switch over to BCV specifically for SAB. Now my question is when I try to book BCV at 7 months, do I need enough points to cover both, then cancel SSR, or do they take the points currently being used for the SSR trip, and apply it to the amended trip at 7 months? Thanks for the help, sorry again for such a rookie question, this board is a god-send.

BTW, if I can't get BCV at the 7 month window, it's no big deal believe me, I can't wait to see and stay at SSR! (and all the rest, for that matter) :goodvibes

BTW Part II, on Sept 9th, we were bless w/the birth of our very own little princess so it looks like I'll be lucky enough to experience WDW thru not only my son (22 mnths), but now my little girl -- Best of both worlds! Right now I can only name 1, maybe 2 princess', but I'm sure that change over the years :rotfl:

You'll need to instruct MS how to proceed if you don't have enough points to cover both reservations simultaneaously.

First, I'd see if it looks like you'll be able to get the entire reservation when you call for the first day. If MS suggests that there is good availability, then you can reserve each day at BCV and cancel the same date at SSR. If you will nned to waitlist you will have to consider the methods used. If you use the daily-automatic-confirmation method, you can instruct MS to cancel each day at SSR as it becomes available at BCV - the problem with this method is that you could end up with missing days at BCV and have to move back and forth between resorts. If you have MS call to confirm the entire reservation, you won't get it unless the entire stay opens up at one time.

My expectation is that for a September reservation, you won't have any problem reserving at 7 months and will be fine however you choose to make the reservation. Those dates typically are readily available within 7 months at all DVC resorts (possible exceptions are BW and standard view at BWV and GV's at both BWV and OKW).

I'd reserve at SSR now and then change the reservation to BCV at 7 months. I expect you'll be fine.

Enjoy!

I would reconsider the BCV - it is beautiful but with 2 kids under 5.

that wonderful pool SALB - might be scarey - not for the kids but for you - too easy to get lost.

now I know there is a kids pool - but unless your kids are very well behaved - then I can't see not trying for that big pool.

I might be totaled wrong here - but I think you are better off at SSR.

BWV also has area in the pool where you can't see the entire pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter