another tipping ?

ppiew

DIS Veteran
How do you properly distribute tips, when you end up eating most meals (dinners especially) at Palo's and Topsiders/Beach Blanket, or Room Service. I know how to compensate servers at these restaurants if you get a bill (drinks, wine, etc.), but is it still proper to then continue to give full amount to DR servers? I don't mean to sound cheap, I just want to be sure that proper compensation is given the appropriate individuals. Thanks

Yes, it is still proper to give your dining room servers the full tip amount. :)

The servers depend on their tips for a large part of their income and they work all throughout the ship, not just at dinner, and are not tipped at those times. They shouldn't be penalized if guests decide to eat dinner elsewhere.

By the way, there is no one to tip at the bufffets. :)

Thanks - don't want to commit a faux pas!! Last year, I remember giving a server/busboy ? at Beach Blanket cash in an envelope because he had handled our table several times on the cruise. I think we will play it by ear with any extraneous services and do the suggested amts. or more to the regular servers. Thanks again

I think I remember reading that there is no tips at the buffets however - alot of these servers are also someone's dining servers. So yes, they all get tipped in the end.

I saw my previous server at the buffet and tipped him!

Rae

This is an EXCELLENT question and one that I bet most folks on the cruise do not know. I originally thought that if you didn't take part in your regular dining rotation, there was no need to tip those servers. I've since learned from these boards that you are really tipping for all meals (except Palos) with those tips so it is important to remember your assigned servers, regardless of where you eat.

Peggy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter