Another tour question

qv09vvp

Disney or Bust
Hubby & I just closed on our first DVC contract.

We have always planned on buying some points direct --- so the plan is to take the tour this december. I really want to see Copper creek.

For the first part of the trip my DS23 & his girlfriend 21 are able to join us. My DD21& her friend will be joining us a couple of days later.

Couple of thoughts

-- I'm guessing the 4 of us will get the fastpasses but the DD21 & her friend won't?

-- the other thought is to take the time for ALL of us to go --- how long do ya'll think it would take given that we already own?

Thanks in Advance!

If you aren't interested in buying they will only let you visit during the existing owner open hours and you don't get anything. They aren't stupid, they know that many just want to attend the sales presentation for the freebies. We were at PVB just after it opened and we wanted to find out more about the units and and we had considered buying. There first question was are you an owner, after we said yes, they wouldn't even talk to us and told us to come back at 4:00.

I guess I can't blame them, the guides get paid for selling contracts, taking up their time just to get freebies is taking money out of their pocket.

:earsboy: Bill

Hmm...but I am considering buying ..its just an addition rather than an initial purchase..

Have they stopped doing the open house for current members? Seemed like they used to expect current members to visit the models on their own time and would not really allow them to formally tour to receive FPs - but I expect I'm out of date...

According to this post from a similar thread, fastpasses are being given as an incentive:

We did the tour at CCV in September and I can share my experience in case it helps. I will say we went in planning to purchase our first DVC contract (a small contract at CCV) and did make that purchase. I stopped at a DVC booth at EPCOT and asked about the tour. The guy mentioned the FP as an incentive and I mentioned that I had also heard about a gift card. He said that he had already added that to the tour (but I don't necessarily believe I would have gotten it without my mentioning it). He said that I should bring the gift card promotion from my room if we had one (we did not). We arranged a tour for the time we wanted (one day ahead we had the option to choose our time and got exactly what we wanted) and had them pick us up at the Poly (where we were staying) and drop us at DHS after. I tried to maximize the use of the van because we were only there for 3 days and that was the only way I could justify taking the time out of touring.

The tour and presentation probably took 60 minutes and then we spent about 45 minutes making the purchase. We saw a studio and 1-BR and had our presentation in a converted room. They gave us the 3 FP and our $100 GC. They also helped us with a FP that we were going to miss because it took a bit longer than planned (we asked to tour a cabin and that added about 15-20 minutes). I think that was likely because we purchased, though. We didn't get any sales incentives because our contract was too smaell, but they were the exact same incentives as I had seen in the info I received by mail. No ice cream or treats, but we got water and soda.

Hope that helps a little!

It makes sense to me. You spend an hour of your time considering whether or not to drop more money on DVC, and they compensate you with an hours worth of waiting in line savings. I'm sure it costs them nothing to offer up those fastpasses, either.

Have they stopped doing the open house for current members? Seemed like they used to expect current members to visit the models on their own time and would not really allow them to formally tour to receive FPs - but I expect I'm out of date...

They still do those. But if a current member is considering buying they can schedule a tour. The other is just to allow members the chance to view the models for the sake of seeing them.

We did the tour at the Poly and they knew that we'd purchased resale (the week before). We did add on at the Poly to be eligible for the extras and they did give us the FP+s for our entire group. I dont know if they would have given them to us if we did do the direct purchase that day. The direct made sense for us and we were able to add on 65 points at the Poly with the same use year as our VGC resale contract.

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter