• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another Vow Renewal Question

lucyluvsdisney

Earning My Ears
Can you hire Rev.Tim (from weddings of a Lifetime) to come into Disney without actually going thru Disney Fairytale Weddings? I want a simple service, but definitely want it at one of the resorts. We are staying at wlv and the new bcv. I've waited 20 years for this but just can't afford the intimate package for 2100 dollars. If anyone has any info or past expierence, let me know. Lucyluvsdisney

Here is Rev. Herring's web site

http://home.att.net/~revtim/

You may want to contact him directly and see what he can or is able to do. He may know more about the protocol of doing a ceremony without the official wedding department being involved.

Hi! You can have a ceremony at WDW without going through FTW, but it has to be inside your room. Another bride on the Disneymooners list is renting out a huge suite at the Boardwalk, and is having the ceremony performed on the balcony. I think I remember reading, though, that Rev. Day and Rev. Herring won't officiate at weddings like this, b/c they don't want to mess up their relationship with Disney. There are other local officiants, however, who are willing to perform the in-room ceremonies.
If you have your ceremony in the park or at a resort without going through FTW, it can be broken up by the cast members, and I'm sure no one would want to have that memory of their wedding day! Better to either go through FTW, or to do an in-room ceremony. You could also look at having the ceremony at another Orlando location, with a Disney reception or Illuminations dessert party.
Cheers!
Heather P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter