• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another way to save for the trip!

C

catwho

I don't know why I never posted this. Each year we incur small amounts of co-pays on our insurance. We have a plan at dh's work where we can set money aside and use it to cover non-covered costs such as co-pays, deductibles, uncovered medical supplies such as glasses. We tend to file throughout the year, but forget to deposit them. They checks are anywhere from $10-$100. At the end of the year we have $100 in checks that we can cash (we make sure that we cash them before they expire though) We use that for our spending money. We also take all checks that we get as gifts and use those exclusively to buy Disney $$ with.

Thought I would pass that along. Since we already have our traveller's checks for our next trip, we are going to use the check I just got ($110!) to buy the kids pilot cases with. They wil love it!

:earsgirl:
48 more days!

That is a great idea! I also have a "cafeteria plan" at work and I never thought of using it as a Disney Savings Plan - thanks for the idea :)

Yeah and it's tax free too! LOL! Last year we used all of our cafeteria plan (who came up with that name?) to finance half our trip. We joked about getting a tax free vacation fund to go to Disney on!

:earsgirl:
47 more days!

Just an FYI, it is called a cafeteria plan because you can pick and choose your benefits just like in a cafeteria you can pick and choose your meal to suit your needs. Wierd name but true. I work in Human Resources in Compensation so I know this useless trivia. LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter