Another WDW ticket question

DLR29

We create happiness
If I buy a 6 day base ticket with expiration, can I use a day at DL in Dec. and then use the rest of the 5 days at WDW in June? Do I have to get a "no expiration" addition? :confused3

That's a good question! I think in most cases, people are using the ticket at WDW first and have "leftover" days they use at DL. I know the intent is that you'd have to have the no expiration option, otherwise the ticket would expire 14 days after you used it in Dec. I don't know if the method that DL uses to scan a day from the ticket actually "activates" it as far as WDW is concerned. I have my doubts that anyone at DL or WDW could actually tell you for sure, and I sure wouldn't recommend trying it and risk showing up at WDW in June with an expired ticket.

I also doubt that DL can add the no expiration option to the ticket for you - I think that can only be done at WDW. So, I'd recommend buying the 6 day ticket (or maybe go ahead and go for 10 day depending on the price difference) with no expiration.

I've used WDW tickets at DL, but all had the no expiration option and had been used first at WDW.

NOPE!! I have tried this on both ends. DLR tickets and WDW tickets are not interchangable...

OLD WDW Hoppers with left over days are exchangable for DL Hoppers (exchange had to be done first) 1 day for 1 day. I have yet to hear about anyone doing this with the new(er) MYW tickets.

Also if the ticket is purchased w/ experation then it must be used within 14 days so would be no good in June, if used in December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter