Any advice on this itinerary??

Originally posted by lorileer
Mickeysaver -- where would you do Spectro on this itinerary? I consider it a "do not miss". I hate that they don't have it more nights now.

Well, I am not a huge fan of SpectoMagic. I know that some people just love it, but it's not my cup of tea.

9/28 Tues
MK in the AM Leave around 2pm
Go to BB until close
Quiet evening with exhausted kids.

If we flipped BB and MK, you could do Spectro and Wishes. Maggie

Mickeysaver -- I don't want to overwhelm you, but I'd love to see what you suggest on my itinerary for December. If you're willing, I can either post or email you all the details of my trip. Would love to just get some other ideas or perspectives. But again, I don't want to inundate you or overwhelm you with requests. I know you probably have lots of others things to do! :p

By the way, where do you live in Atlanta? I just moved from there to Vegas -- have lived there since 88.

:wave2: Howdy neighbor! We live in Duluth.....not far away at all. I work in a pediatric office and we have lots of patients from Dacula. One of my college roomies was from there too. But, I digress....

I don't mind playing with your schedule. We went to WDW just last December. We had a blast.....except for Gabby's cold and the colder than expected weather. But, overall, it was some great pixie dust.

Let me know the details, either email me or post them here. Maggie

Thanks so much for the help. Boy did I need it. I hadn't thought of doing DisneyQuest. I will defintely consider that.

Now are you ready for 100 questions. Plaese tell me about the carriage ride. I have no idea what that is but I think that my girls would love it. Also, where is DTD and Trails End. I am clueless. One more question, would you do the Fantasmic dinner package or just take our chances.

I was thinking that we really needed to do MNSSHP. My husband thinks it would be fun too. That is a good thing.

I like how you put AK on the 29th. Much better than 10-1.

Again, thanks. I wa so excited to see that you had replied.

Originally posted by tjkatie
Thank you mickeysaver! I do agree I was nervous about the all day at MK on a Saturday. I like the idea of heading to Epcot....maybe sneak back to MK later just for spectro and fireworks!! I also like moving BB from Sunday. It's just that they close at 5, so we won't have much time there after MK on Tuesday. (head now spinning! :).....We really like your plan, we will let you know how it goes!! Thank you!!

Also, do you have to pre purchase the AK meal deal?? Or, is that something you just purchase at the counter service restaurant?

See you know things about your vacation that I wouldn't necessarily catch. On Tuesday, just flip MK to the evening and do BB in the am. This way you get your fill of the waterpark and a chance to still see Spectro and Wishes. I just love Wishes!

DISNEY'S ANIMAL KINGDOM MEAL PLUS CERTIFICATES
Guests ages 12 and up $11.99
Guests ages 3-11 $5.99

Certificates are good for One counter service entree plus a beverage and One box of popcorn or an ice cream bar and One bottled drink (soda or water)

Participating Animal Kingdom counter service restaurants include Restaurantosaurus, Flame Tree Barbecue, Pizzafari, and Tusker House. The certificates can be purchased at any Animal Kingdom counter service restaurant and also at Guest Relations in the park.

I am glad that you found the suggestions to be helpful. I hope you have a great trip. Maggie

Thanks again Maggie. We will definately do the AK meal deal. I had never heard of that. We ate at Rainforest Cafe last time, which was good....but we were thinking counter service this time anyway.

I hope you keep posting your intinerary ideas here.....so much fun to read....I guess I am at the point were I not only love planning my trip, but hearing about everyone elses!!

We will flip the BB on Tuesday and after going over your plan again....it really does seem we have a little extra relax time. I thought for sure with so many days this time we wouldn't have to plan so much....but I just can't help it! :) And with the 7 for 5 deal, it's so hard not to want to get the most out of those UPH tickets.

Thanks again....and good luck to everyone else with their planning!!

Originally posted by robinson
Now are you ready for 100 questions.

I didn't find 100 to answer, but I hope this helps. :p

Trail's End is over at the Fort Wilderness Resort area. They serve much the same food that they serve at Hoop De Doo, but the price is right! Read the menu here!

Info on the Carriage Ride.....
Tours Nightly From 6:00 to 10:00 PM
Take a scenic family ride at Disney's wonderful Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.

Carriages depart from Crockett's Tavern at Pioneer Hall.
Call 407-824-2832 up to 60 days in advance for a reservation.

Cost is $30.00 for a 30 minute ride
Cash or Resort Room Charge Cards Accepted Only

We did this one evening back in 9/02. The carriage was beautiful and the driver was great. Linda was her name, I think, but I know that Scotty was our horse. He had personality and I like that in a horse. The ride was just at dusk. We saw some rabbits and some deer along the way. It was worth every penny and we tipped the driver when it was over. It was just about perfect.

DTD is Downtown Disney. It's a huge shopping and entertainment area. Pleasure Island is part of DTD. We can get lost there for hours, but we like to shop and Rainforest Cafe is our favorite restaurant down there.

As for the Fantasmic Dinner package, I can't really say that I would be the best person to speak on that one. I really am not a fan of any of the sit down restaurants at MGM. I personally would choose to wing it, but the line can eat up a good 45 minutes to 2 hours depending on how committed you are to finding the perfect seat. I loved Fantasmic. Do it if you can. When we did Fantasmic in 9/02, the dinner package was not offered, so it was first come first serve. We waited about an hour and had great seats for the show.

MNSSHP is a must do....hands down, when Disney throws a "Party", you gotta go. I haven't had the chance to do MNSSHP yet, but I definately want to do it one day.

I have to say that I feel AK is highly underrated. It's such a great little park. There is so much to see, if you just take the time and open your eyes. The CM's that are posted throughout the areas where the animals are usually are full of information about the creatures. Please feel free to engage them in conversation. You will be amazed at what you can learn. Conservation Station is also cool. They have a lot of tree huggin' hippie stuff, but they also have some really neat talks with live animals that were really cool too. And of course, you have to see Devine and Wes Palm.

Originally posted by mickeysaver
:wave2: Howdy neighbor! We live in Duluth.....not far away at all. I work in a pediatric office and we have lots of patients from Dacula. One of my college roomies was from there too. But, I digress....

I don't mind playing with your schedule. We went to WDW just last December. We had a blast.....except for Gabby's cold and the colder than expected weather. But, overall, it was some great pixie dust.

Let me know the details, either email me or post them here. Maggie

Maggie, we lived in Duluth for a year, then Lawrenceville, then moved to Hamilton Mill in Dacula. But my husband started working in Vegas last year, and we just made the permanent move a month ago.

I take a group of girls every year. I volunteer with an International Children's Scholarship Pageant and take the five winner's and their moms. The girls this year are 5, 8, 11, 15, and 27. We also have a 10 year old sister going. We are DVC, so I get the Grand Villa and we share a long weekend getting to know each other and creating some really special memories. So I really like to give these girls the "ROYAL" treatment.

We'll start early on Friday, and everyone will head to the airport around 5 p.m. on Tuesday (Dec. 3-7).

Our must-do's are: MVMCP, Spectro, Wishes, Osborne Lights. Our "would like to do's" are Illuminations and Fantasmic.

Our must do dining is CRT (PS for 12/6 at 9:40a.m.) and Prime Time Cafe. Our "would like to do" dining is 1900 Park Fare Dinner. I like to do a dinner at MK prior to MVMCP too. I like to do at least one PS a day because it keeps us on a schedule. And I'm open to new things. I tend to do the same thing over and over. (But most of these girls have never been!)

I am also considering a Wishes Fireworks Cruise. Can't get Illuminations.

We would like to hit all four parks, but typically don't spend much time in EPCOT.

We go at a very fast pace and cover quite a bit of ground in very little time (but enjoy it as we go). The mom's always want more shopping time than I give them though. Just can't figure out where to fit it in! LOL

Is that enough info? Just thought it would be good to see how another person would plan the trip. I have a VERY tentative itinerary going, and I can post it as well. But I thought I'd see what you would do first.

Guess this post is long enough!!!princess:

We'll start early on Friday, and everyone will head to the airport around 5 p.m. on Tuesday (Dec. 3-7).

Ok, are you all checked in and ready to tour the parks on Friday or is that your arrival day? I need to know this.

Also, are you opposed to doing Extra Magic Hour a couple of days?

You will have a ticket media that allows you to hop....right?

Do you mind allowing people the chance to sleep in the day after MVMCP?

How many adults, not including the 27 year old, are going to be a part of this trip? Is the mom of the 27 year old coming along too?

Would you consider allowing the mothers a chance to switch off a morning or an evening for some time away from the group to go shopping?

Would you consider doing something like the Afternoon Tea over at the GF? It's a really nice Royal treatment kind of even and they are great with the kids.....they get chocolate milk instead of tea. Just an idea.

Ok, this is all I can think of at this time. Let me know and I will jump on this. Thanks. Maggie

Everyone arrives Thursday evening. I will be at OKW, but we will all be going into a Grand Villa on Friday. I usually checkin VERY early, getting everything done. But the Grand Villa is never ready until 4 p.m. We'll have our luggage stored at OKW baggage. I'll call the # and get our room # when it's ready. Then call for Bell Services when we get to the room.

No, we will do EMH when we need to .... I was thinking MK and MGM.

Yes, we will have 5 day PHs (unless we determine we only need 4 day PHs).

We can sleep in a bit after MVMCP .... but not too much! :-) Of course, if we do Sunday night, we have CRT at 9:50 on Monday. (Unless I need to cancel that.)

We will have 14 total in our group. Ages, 5, 8, 10, 11, 15, and 27. Then 4 or 5 moms, 2 dads, and me. (I'm 39, but I can keep up with any of them! At least at Disney I can!!)

Yes, the moms can definitely take some shopping time and have done so in the past. But usually they're afraid they're going to miss out on something the girls are doing and stay with us.

I haven't heard much or experienced the Afternoon Tea. Do you think they would enjoy that? Would they be bored and rather be riding rides??? I'm open to it. Do you have details?

I had also wondered if the girls would enjoy the carriage ride or if they would think if was goofy and lame? What do you think?

Thanks again for your input! I just like to make this the most special trip in the world for these girls! Of course, a lot of the magic comes in just being together and getting to know each other. They are from all parts of the Country.

Ok, the only thing that suffers with this plan is Spectromagic. Everything else is in there. I think this is plenty of pixie dust for the commando touring style that you and your group seem to want to embrace. I think that doing much more than this is just too much for the group to really enjoy or appreciate. But, you know your group better than I do. I hope you find something helpful in all of this. Maggie

12/02 Thursday....Arrival Day
Settle into the resort
Dinner at 1900 Park Fare
Go to DTD for an evening of shopping and enjoying some nice decorations.
The 27 year old might enjoy spending some time at Pleasure Island too
This gives the moms some great shopping time and gets that out of the way....to an extent.

12/03 - Friday
Either do a big breakfast or do an Early Lunch
Go to Epcot
Try doing a tour of all the holiday storytellers around the World Showcase
Consider doing the Ice Cream Social.....it's the cheapest Character Dining experience offered. If any of the parents want to do a re-hitching ceremony, you need to have that noted when you make the PS.
Leave for MK to be there around 4pm
Dinner (your choice)
MVMCP
Should be able to see the holiday parade and Wishes.

12/04 - Saturday
Sleep in a little
AK stay until Close
Go to MGM for the evening
See Fantasmic!

12/05 - Sunday
EE MK
Take Monorail to GF for the Afternoon Tea
Enjoy the decorations/Shop in the many various stores/Maybe catch the Voices of Liberty
Go to Epcot
Do Future World attractions first since a lot of it closes by 7pm.
Enjoy the Lights of Winter, the Tree Lighting Ceremony, and Illuminations!

12/06 - Monday
Go to MK
CRT - PS for 12/6 at 9:40a.m.
Maybe do a short tour of the Top 3-5 Rides (Have everyone vote on what rides they liked best from MVMCP to compile this plan)
Shop your way back down Main Street
Go to MGM
Late lunch at Prime Time
See the Osborne Lights (open up to one hour after park closes)

12/07 - Tuesday
Consider going to Chef Mickey's for Breakfast
MK for any park time, it's a great low crowd day for MK, so you can get your last blast of pixie dust
Back to the room to finalize the packing for departure
Say your goodbyes
Head to the Airport at 5pm

Maggie, I haven't had a chance to say "thanks" for your help with my itinerary. It's completely different from what I had put together, and there are several things I wouldn't have thought of or like better or make more sense. Thanks again for your help!! It always helps to get a fresh opinion! :bounce:

I'm just glad you found it. I have been trying to make sure that you had a chance to even see it. I sent you a couple of pm's, but I don't think you have seen them either. lol

I am glad that you liked it, for the most part anyway. There are so many different ways to tour WDW that I doubt that I will ever find it to be boring. I hope your group has a great time. Maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter