Any AKV (Jambo House) Standard 1BR's with partial savanna view?

maman_et_fille

Just a spoonful of sugar . . .
When we were at AKV (Jambo) last year, we stayed in a standard room that was at the very end of the hall and had a very partial savanna view. We loved it because all the animals gathered there in the morning before they were taken backstage and several animals hung out in that area all day. We'd request that room/hall again, but it was a studio and we have a 1BR this time. Does anyone know of any standard 1BR's that have a similar view?

Thanks!

There were some Savanna View rooms that were reclassified as Standard View.

I'm going to say there probably are. We were just there in May and had one of those studios and it was a lock off with a door that had to lead to a 1 bedroom. That 1 bedroom would have had the same view as us so I think you have a good shot of those rooms.

I loved it!!!

Yes they do. My sister stayed in a 1BR at Jambo. It was a standard but she said she saw the animals. She was in the last bead. I wish I remembered what room she was in.

There are some, not many, savanna views that were reclassified as standard effective beginning of 2011 and I believe it includes a couple closer to the front of the building on the Kudo trail side. If you had that studio at the end of the hall it was part of a 2BR lock-off, and the 1BR part is also classified as standard now.

Thank you! I'm going to add a request for that same area, then! (It was in the last group of rooms off of Kudu Trail.)

I am maintaining a list of reclassified rooms in Jambo House. Here is what I have so far. You can look up the location of each of these rooms on this map.

Recatagorized Savanna View Rooms:

5203: Studio, Lobby, Sunset side (hansel1)
5228: 1BR, Sunset, over a people pen (P&B's Mom)
5234: 1BR, Sunset, inside corner of first spur, "Fantastic savanna view" (Doug7856)
5238: Dedicated studio by a stairwell, Sunset (Anal Annie)
5257: Studio, Sunset, near inside corner inside first spur, people pen (NHGoofy)
5384: Studio, Sunset, next to exit stairs at end of Kudu trail
5528: Dtudio, Uzima, in a corner next to last spur (b-1)
5543: 1BR, Uzima, in a corner on outside of last spur - not verified
5544: 1BR, Uzima, in a corner on inside of last spur (TwinsFan)
5545: Studio, Uzima, near a corner on outside of last spur (KAT4DISNEY)
5549: 1BR, Far side of last spur off Zebra Trail, near fence between Arusha and Uzima (mousefan1972)
????: 1BR located above the check-in desk (Magic3forme)

We stayed in 1bed 5549 in 2008. It was supposedly a savanna view. It overlooked the fenced off evacuation zone to the north east of jambo house and then out onto the savanna. However due to the mud pit, the animals couldn't get within a reasonable distance of the lodge there.

Terrible savanna view. Gave me a very bad taste in my mouth that that was a savanna room. I complained and got the sorry phone call from member services.

I have recently discovered that that room has now been reclassified as a standard room. Now, if I had paid standard points and got that room, I would actually have been chuffed!

Just goes to show eh!

I am maintaining a list of reclassified rooms in Jambo House. Here is what I have so far. You can look up the location of each of these rooms on this map.

5234: 1BR, Sunset, inside corner of first spur, "Fantastic savanna view" (Doug7856)
5257: Studio, Sunset, near inside corner inside first spur, people pen (NHGoofy)
5549: 1BR, Far side of last spur off Zebra Trail, near fence between Arusha and Uzima (mousefan1972)

Add 5580 (1br) to the list :) I can post pictures once we return.

We stayed in a two bedroom lock-off, reclassified standard view room. We were in 5253 and 5255. You could see some animals, mostly birds, the giraffes at night and the roan antelope.

We stayed in a two bedroom lock-off, reclassified standard view room. We were in 5253 and 5255. You could see some animals, mostly birds, the giraffes at night and the roan antelope.
Thanks for the report. Here is an updated list:

Code:
AKV/Jambo House rooms reclassified from Savanna View to Standard View:

5253: 1BR, Sunset, near people pen. Some animals and birds visible.(Camshell)
5255: Studio, near people pen.  Saw giraffes, antelopes and birds.(Camshell)
5322: Studio, Sunset, over a people pen (Simba's Mom)
5345: Studio, Sunset, near a people pen (com_op_2000)
5348: Studio, Sunset, view of people pen and animal barns (rlduvall) 
5372: Studio, Sunset, in a corner above the last spur near a "people pen" (erionm); "great view" (ryanmcin)
5384: Studio, Sunset, next to exit stairs at end of Kudu trail (rlduvall)
5522: Studio, Uzima, just before the last spur, over a people pen (mmmagic7754)
5528: Studio, Uzima, in a corner next to last spur (b-1)
5544: 1BR, Uzima, in a corner on inside of last spur (TwinsFan, Splashboat)
5545: Studio, Uzima, near an inside corner on outside of last spur (KAT4DISNEY)
5548: Studio, Uzima, near corner on inside of last spur (WDW_Diane)
5549: 1BR, Far side of last spur off Zebra Trail, near Arusha/Uzima fence (mousefan1972)
5580: 1BR, Arusha/Uzima border, last 1BR on Zebra/Uzima (eandesmom)
5582: Studio, Arusha/Uzima border, 2nd to last room on Zebra trail (extraredstuff)
5584: Studio, Arusha/Uzima border, last room on Zebra trail next to exit stairs (Ansky)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter