Any experience Tilt Hotel or BLVD near USH?

debdreamsofdis

DIS Veteran
Trying to find a hotel within walking distance to Universal with a family of 6 is hard! I have a reservation at the Tilt Hotel for a 3 King room, but reading the reviews is scaring me. I know, take them with a grain of salt and all that, but my husband will be attending a work conference and using our car during the day, and I'll have 4 kids (ages 9-16) on my own. It seems like it will be a bit of a trek from Tilt up to USH and I'm worried about the area being a bit sketchy. So I'm looking into the BLVD hotel which looks to be much closer. I put in 2 adults and 4 kids and the reservation system is allowing me to book a 2 queen suite so I guess we'd just have to pack a couple of air mattresses?

Or should I just try booking an Airbnb and use Uber to get to USH? Can I even get an Uber with 5 people??

You can book UberXL for up to 6 people. I would do that and stay in a nice Airbnb. That said, Tilt doesn't look that bad on Tripadvisor to me. Would you be walking up the hill from Tilt? While it is less than a mile, it's a lot of uphill walking to get there.

Tilt is farther away from the main entrance and the tram that takes you up the hill than BLVD but the area is fine. Not much foot traffic there.

I don't think Tilt is in a bad area, but agree that it's quite the steep uphill walk if you're planning to walk. Any of those hotels are fine, just plan to shuttle or uber if you're not looking for that much exercise!

The Garland is a beautiful hotel and they have a shuttle; Sportsman's Lodge also has a shuttle. I have been trying to get a good rate at either these or the Universal Sheraton or Hilton, but prices have been quite high. I am flexible on dates, so hopefully something will pop up. Wherever you end up staying, please post a review.

Does somebody have a map of where the shuttle/tram "that takes you up the hill' is, in relation to the hotels in the area. We have only stayed at the Garland, and that was years ago, so I am having trouble picturing the tram/hill.

Sorry I didn't mean to abandon thread. Thank you everyone for the input. We did decide to go ahead and find an Airbnb that was within walking distance to Universal. A little nervous since I've never used airbnb before, but the reviews I read were all positive, so hopefully it all goes well.

Could you post a link to your Airbnb? We are contemplating doing the same for a couple days in June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter