Any idea when we can buy WDW annual passes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will need to change it because how will you park hop?
It’s been debated in the large thread here. Either you’ll make multiple reservations for the same day ahead of time, or once you check into or out of a park with your magicband, it’ll register that you can book another, like how fastpasses work now.

Locals have the ability to make the AP an absolute steal, regardless of the current situation. If you’re able to go to 1 park every other week, you’re talking about less than $20 a visit. I understand the cancelling, money is money these days. But theres enough going on in the parks thats at least a 50-75 dollar value per visit, in any of the parks.

It’s been debated in the large thread here. Either you’ll make multiple reservations for the same day ahead of time, or once you check into or out of a park with your magicband, it’ll register that you can book another, like how fastpasses work now.

What are these “fastpasses” that you speak of?

Locals have the ability to make the AP an absolute steal, regardless of the current situation. If you’re able to go to 1 park every other week, you’re talking about less than $20 a visit. I understand the cancelling, money is money these days. But theres enough going on in the parks thats at least a 50-75 dollar value per visit, in any of the parks.
Precisely this. This is how we’re utilizing them and they work out to be better than they work out to be less than the FL resident ticket deal. Then add in the 30% merch discounts they’ve been throwing in every couple of months. It’s definitely a steal.

Lol. Very true. As fastpasses USED to work. Lol

Thats how I’d assume they’ll work though. But maybe not able to pick a new park until you scan out as to not have a “spot” in two parks at the same time. But if the capacity is higher than the demand at any of the parks, it wouldnt really matter since you wouldnt be taking a spot from someone that wants to go into that park but its at full capacity. I’m not sure how much capacity would need to increase at DHS for us to get to that point, but I dont think you can have people choosing DHS as their 2nd park and never show up while people are left out to enter at all because of that spot being taken.

How about people who make 3 trips a year and stay on property. AP is a deal (especially For DVC) ..how about sell them with the understanding that you might not get into every park when you want and that park hopping is not what it used to be. It’s not hard to put stipulations on the sale. For some it won’t make sense but for some it still does.

How about people who make 3 trips a year and stay on property. AP is a deal (especially For DVC) ..how about sell them with the understanding that you might not get into every park when you want and that park hopping is not what it used to be. It’s not hard to put stipulations on the sale. For some it won’t make sense but for some it still does.
They don’t want to have to put stipulations on APs.

I think when APs do come back they will change what they are too. Whether that’s new levels, less levels or whatever I think they will be changed.

They don’t want to have to put stipulations on APs.

I think when APs do come back they will change what they are too. Whether that’s new levels, less levels or whatever I think they will be changed.
I am saying bring them back now under current park conditions. People understand that park restrictions and that park days may not be available to them but for some the AP still makes sense even under current circumstances

I am saying bring them back now under current park conditions. People understand that park restrictions and that park days may not be available to them but for some the AP still makes sense even under current circumstances
They just aren't going too.

They just aren't going too.
Exactly, and they don’t want to have people buying them as is and then requesting a refund. They want to get those stipulations in place, and know what the parks are going to look like in the next year+ before selling them again. The absolute last thing they want to do is have to do another round of refunds. And while people can say that people buying them understand the restrictions and park reservations, there are plenty of people who don’t understand that, will still buy an AP, be disappointed and want a refund. Disney is going to make sure everything is bulletproof in the fine print before they sell them again. Offering renewals right now is a different story, because if you already have an AP, declined the refund, and want to purchase a renewal...then yes you most likely understand all that entails and won’t be asking for a refund. But to open them to new purchasers (even if they are people that have had an AP in the past) just isn’t going to work right now.

But...why not? People understand the restrictions and still want to buy them. Doesn't Disney like money??
In addition to what else I've already said in this topic:

I've made 3 trips separate trips to Orlando in recent months, coming from out of state. Only ONE of those 3 trips included Disney World. All 3 included Universal. And I will very likely make more trips that include only Universal in the near future.

Why? Besides Disney reopening later, it's because I was able to buy a Universal AP, but not a WDW one. The Universal AP cost me less than a 5-day ticket and is valid for 15 months. I feel good about going because my park tickets are "already paid for." But each time I spend money anyway! Food, merch, hotel, you name it! All that money could be Disney's as well multiplied by many people.

It's a good deal for me and a good deal for Universal. I'd be planning my next few trips to Disney right now if I were able to get a good deal on an AP. I'm already thinking about when I can get back down to Universal...

But...why not? People understand the restrictions and still want to buy them. Doesn't Disney like money??

I've made 3 trips separate trips to Orlando in recent months, coming from out of state. Only ONE of those 3 trips included Disney World. All 3 included Universal. And I will very likely make more trips that include only Universal in the near future.

Why? Besides Disney reopening later, it's because I was able to buy a Universal AP, but not a WDW one. The Universal AP cost me less than a 5-day ticket and is valid for 15 months. I feel good about going because my park tickets are "already paid for." But each time I spend money anyway! Food, merch, hotel, you name it! All that money could be Disney's as well multiplied by many people.

It's a good deal for me and a good deal for Universal. I'd be planning my next few trips to Disney right now if I were able to get a good deal on an AP. I'm already thinking about when I can get back down to Universal...
UO also usually needs to sell APs to entice people to come. I can’t count the number of people just on these boards that are now going to UO for the first time ever (or in a very long time) because of the deals being offered on tickets. BUT, most (But not all) of those same people are visiting UO while coming to Orlando for a Disney and staying at and visiting Disney on that same trip. People will come for Disney regardless of whether APs are sold or not. It sucks when they’re not sold and you have to pay for regular tickets, but people will still come. UO needs deals to entice the people away from Disney. As great as UO is, it’s still not the draw that Disney is to the area. For every 1 person that makes a special trip to Orlando just for UO, 10 make the same trip just for Disney. Disney knows that by offering deals on resort rooms, they’ll still make money off those guests. APs will be back, they may just look different as @rteetz said, different levels or restrictions, and they’ll want to make sure as much of a normal product is being offered.

Because Disney cannot promise what an AP got prior to the shutdown. Thats why Disney went through and allowed people to cancel. We are in a very different place in traveling right now.

I would have to imagine you are in a small minority that has taken multiple trips to Orlando recently. Most people are still not doing large trips yet. Now they could offer them to Florida residents but what's the worth there. Disney only knows that. They are offering different things to FL residents however.

I get that they'd like to offer a "normal" product. But these aren't normal times. Disney has already adapted. Why not adapt this, too? I guess you're right that Disney must not be hurting as much as Universal for attendance.

It would take Disney what, a few hours to appropriately update language to warn guests about restrictions before purchasing? That's not some big hurdle. It would be relatively very easy. And I'm sure the fine print is ALREADY in their favor and includes something about the pass not actually guaranteeing admission, etc, etc. But they could make it even more clear in light of Covid.

Are they offering refunds because they HAVE to legally or because it's the right thing to do? (also, best PR-wise).

Why would they honor future refunds? Especially if terms are updated and restrictions made crystal clear.

I get that they'd like to offer a "normal" product. But these aren't normal times. Disney has already adapted. Why not adapt this, too? I guess you're right that Disney must not be hurting as much as Universal for attendance.

It would take Disney what, a few hours to appropriately update language to warn guests about restrictions before purchasing? That's not some big hurdle. It would be relatively very easy. And I'm sure the fine print is ALREADY in their favor and includes something about the pass not actually guaranteeing admission, etc, etc. But they could make it even more clear in light of Covid.

Are they offering refunds because they HAVE to legally or because it's the right thing to do? (also, best PR-wise).

Why would they honor future refunds? Especially if terms are updated and restrictions made crystal clear.
Exactly. Just put NO REFUNDS on the purchase...you buy what you buy and know before hand. Stop holding everyone’s hands through life. Like previously stated people who make multiple trips a year won’t now because the AP saves money so they will only come once. That is less money for Disney no matter how you figure it. If you know the AP restrictions going into it you can’t complain when Disney enforces the rules.

Exactly. Just put NO REFUNDS on the purchase...you buy what you buy and know before hand. Stop holding everyone’s hands through life. Like previously stated people who make multiple trips a year won’t now because the AP saves money so they will only come once. That is less money for Disney no matter how you figure it. If you know the AP restrictions going into it you can’t complain when Disney enforces the rules.
But if they’re going to offer new passes with say no hopping or something like that, then there will be more people that have remaining passes that will be upset and want refunds because they’d rather have the cheaper/newer option.
Plus, as much as people complain about the lack of APs people are still going to go and get by with a 5-7 day pass. It sucks when it happens, but people will still come.

But if they’re going to offer new passes with say no hopping or something like that, then there will be more people that have remaining passes that will be upset and want refunds because they’d rather have the cheaper/newer option.
Plus, as much as people complain about the lack of APs people are still going to go and get by with a 5-7 day pass. It sucks when it happens, but people will still come.
That’s assuming they make them cheaper. I say offer them following all the current restrictions. No discounts and see what happens. You say people will still come. And I completely agree but people will also buy the passes same price less Disney...

Because Disney cannot promise what an AP got prior to the shutdown. Thats why Disney went through and allowed people to cancel. We are in a very different place in traveling right now.

And you add in that current AP holders are having a toughh time getting reservatons to the parks they want on the days they want. When your existing passholders can't get what they want adding more AP holders to the mix only makes it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter