Any ideas WHY Animal Kingdom added so many EMH days in May/June?

Cindylieu

Mouseketeer
Speculation? Rumors? Insider information?

I’m wondering if it has to do with the 20th anniversary. Haven’t seen other parks have streaks like this unless they were opening a new ride or land. We will be there in early June and I am wondering if there will be new things I should add into my planning.

Seems strange if it was for the 20th anniversary, as the extra hours don't start until a week after the celebrations begin; plus they've only given 7 days notice for the first EMH, yet have known about the anniversary celebrations for ages.

However I have no other reason I can suggest, so your guess is as good as mine!

Seems strange if it was for the 20th anniversary, as the extra hours don't start until a week after the celebrations begin; plus they've only given 7 days notice for the first EMH, yet have known about the anniversary celebrations for ages.

However I have no other reason I can suggest, so your guess is as good as mine!

Maybe they have looked at the FPP and dinning reservations made for may and realized that they need to try to accommodate for the expected level of attendance at AK.....could be high or low---- draw more people or more likely give more time to the large amounts of people heading that way...since if it is busy they will already be running with a full staff....

They are doing morning EMH every day for DHS once Toy Story Land opens - wonder if this is to give another option to people?

Or, Flight of Passage is still super popular - maybe this is to give another incentive for people to stay on site? (if so you would think they would promote it more)

I saw that morning EMH were added every day of our June trip. I thought it was odd considering that the predicted crowd levels at AK were pretty low for every day of that week.

I assumed since it’s only the 2nd summer for Pandora and many were expecting TSL to be open Memorial Day weekend, they extended the hours to give people more time in the “newest” land.

I wish they’d extend the hours later at night. 9 o’clock in the summer is nothing (that goes for all the parks, but specifically animal kingdom in this case)

Agreed. I'm sick of 7AM EMH and 8AM regular park openings. I want to be in the parks at night. SOME park should be open until at least 11 every single night (not counting EMH), especially in the summer.

Agreed. I'm sick of 7AM EMH and 8AM regular park openings. I want to be in the parks at night. SOME park should be open until at least 11 every single night (not counting EMH), especially in the summer.
MK and AK without a doubt. The other two I’m fine with earlier closings (the studios maybe not with the toy story opening, but Epcot I’m fine with)

I was assuming they were adding these EMH to help relieve some crowd congestion at rope drop during the busy months when these parks are going to be in high demand due to Pandora and Toy Story Land. Hopefully it will help make EMH mornings not to crazy and a better chance for people to get on and ride these rides before the park opens. Just assumptions. I think it sounds great for onsite guests. Maybe help plan their AK morning any day they want instead of only having one day to get in that EMH.

YES!!! Late evening at the parks is my favorite time.

We're going at the end of June I would MUCH rather see night time EMH or just later park closings at MK and AK!! We really enjoy these parks at night. As of right now AK is closing every night at 9. Considering the Sun wont even be setting until 8:30ish I'm worried we wont get to see Pandora at night. Hopefully these parks will get some type of night time hour extensions. Only time will tell...

We're going at the end of June I would MUCH rather see night time EMH or just later park closings at MK and AK!! We really enjoy these parks at night. As of right now AK is closing every night at 9. Considering the Sun wont even be setting until 8:30ish I'm worried we wont get to see Pandora at night. Hopefully these parks will get some type of night time hour extensions. Only time will tell...

I agree. We have a day planned for AK on June 15 and the morning hour has been added. We'll likely take advantage so we can ride FOP twice, since I was able to get FP for it. But I'd rather see AK at night.

AK at park open last year (9:00 am) was crazy. Arrived at 8:45 am - and there was a long line just to get through security. I wonder if EMH at park open would be a little less crazy....

I agree, they need at least some 10pm nights. That park is extra special in the dark.

They should be extending them in the next month, June 1st and 2nd are both 10 pm closes. I'm hoping it gets pushed to 10:30 since that's when the second Rivers of Light showing will be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!