Any luck changing MNSSHP tickets?

4greatboys

DIS Veteran
We bought tickets for MNSSHP 10/10. Now it looks like we wont be there on that date. Anyone ever gotten lucky with Disney letting you change the tickets for another night??
My 2 oldest had school off 10/13 & 10/14 so we were going to make a long weekend of it. Now my oldest ds changed schools and has off neither day. So we were going to move it up to the weekend before.
If it was just 1 or 2 tickets I would just eat the cost but I had to buy 4 ad and 1 child-so I cant just get hit with a $157 loss.

I don't know if you'll just want to take the chance, but last year I ended up at Disney the week before my MNSSHP tickets. We went up to the window the night we were there, explained we wouldn't be back next week, and did they have any tickets left for tonight. They happily exchanged our tickets, no fuss, no muss. It appeared that they did it frequently.

Last year we bought 5 tickets for our family, but our 2 boys had to come back a day early, so couldn't attend the party. I tried Guest Services at the hotel, but they couldn't do anything, so when we got to the MK I went to Guest Services at the gate and explained the situation and they gave me a refund on the 2 tickets. (If they hadn't, I was going to stand out there and try to sell them to someone coming in.) I think they're pretty reasonable in situations like that.

Last year they even offered exchanges or refunds on MVMCP nights that it rained and the parades were not run. Even after the people had entered the party.

It can't hurt to try especially if you explain your circumstances.:D

A couple years ago I did sell 2 extras I had outside the TTC the night of the party.I sold them for the price I paid which was a few dollars cheaper than at the gate that night.The mom and daughter were happy and so was I...I recouped my money! Whew!:)

Last December we had to change our plans & already had our tickets for MVMCP. I called & asked if there was anyway we could exchange our tickets - no problem - we just told them that we had to change our dates of travel - we sent our tickets back & received new ones shortly afterwards. Then when we got to Disney & 'hubby' figured out that the tickets were for the same night that the Vikings & Packers were playing - we went to 'guest services' at the Magic Kingom & got them exchanged for a different night!!! I would think that they would do this for the MNSSHP also -- give them at call --- good luck!!!!

Thanks everyone. I'm going to call and see if I can get them changed. I'm happy to see they have changed them for others with no problems.

Thanks for all the great advise. I called WDW ticketing this am and was told to just mail in my tickets and they will exchange them for the dates I need. Just that easy, no problems at all. I was very suprised and very happy it was that easy.

4greatboys....this is TERRIFIC news!

Glad to know Disney will do this!

Thanks!

Have a GREAT trip Mom and the guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter