Any Mardi Gras ideas???

4mickeyfans

I teach in WDW!
As I've stated in a previous thread, I bow to all of you with your inspirational creativity. I can only hope to join the fun one day, but for now, I leave in two weeks for our cruise, and I NEED SOME HELP!!!

I am determined to make door magnets with a Mardi Gras theme. :jester:
I also want to make t-shirts, pillowcases, and a banner. Yes, I DID say I leave in 2 weeks! To top it off, I need to make 12 back/front t-shirts for the kids in our group (I kind of established that tradition last cruise) Anyway, I am in way over my head!

I have had impossible luck finding any Disney related Mardi Gras images. I did find a Stitch with a crown and beads that's cute but I'm saving that one for a friend's door. I have already bought the purple/green/gold mickey paint chips from Home Depot and plan to magnetize those and create balloons but I'd like a sign to go with it - maybe a Mardi Gras Mickey holding the balloons.

Anyone know of any images or willing to create a Mardi Gras Mickey?

I'm also looking for pirate images and especially the skull/crossbones from POC (without all the wording). My goal for that one is to do a t-shirt for DH with a small pocket image of the skull and a large image w/ phrasing on the back. He won't dress as a pirate for Pirate Night so this is as close as I get! pirate:

Thanks for ANY suggestions at all...oh, and one more thing!!

After spending days lurking around this forum, I have learned, to my amazement, that the DISigners are willing to do all this for free - still unbelievable - anyway, I do NOT want to offend anyone by borrowing images without permission or credit,so...what is the appropriate way to borrow and credit these wonderful designs? Do I need to ask the designer each time or just copy and paste? I know it has been said to post pics here of creations and credit the designers - I certainly plan to do that - but is there any other credit due? It seems like such a small thank you for such a big service.

4mickeyfans said:
As I've stated in a previous thread, I bow to all of you with your inspirational creativity. I can only hope to join the fun one day, but for now, I leave in two weeks for our cruise, and I NEED SOME HELP!!!

I am determined to make door magnets with a Mardi Gras theme. :jester:
I also want to make t-shirts, pillowcases, and a banner. Yes, I DID say I leave in 2 weeks! To top it off, I need to make 12 back/front t-shirts for the kids in our group (I kind of established that tradition last cruise) Anyway, I am in way over my head!

I have had impossible luck finding any Disney related Mardi Gras images. I did find a Stitch with a crown and beads that's cute but I'm saving that one for a friend's door. I have already bought the purple/green/gold mickey paint chips from Home Depot and plan to magnetize those and create balloons but I'd like a sign to go with it - maybe a Mardi Gras Mickey holding the balloons.

Anyone know of any images or willing to create a Mardi Gras Mickey?

I'm also looking for pirate images and especially the skull/crossbones from POC (without all the wording). My goal for that one is to do a t-shirt for DH with a small pocket image of the skull and a large image w/ phrasing on the back. He won't dress as a pirate for Pirate Night so this is as close as I get! pirate:

Thanks for ANY suggestions at all...oh, and one more thing!!

After spending days lurking around this forum, I have learned, to my amazement, that the DISigners are willing to do all this for free - still unbelievable - anyway, I do NOT want to offend anyone by borrowing images without permission or credit,so...what is the appropriate way to borrow and credit these wonderful designs? Do I need to ask the designer each time or just copy and paste? I know it has been said to post pics here of creations and credit the designers - I certainly plan to do that - but is there any other credit due? It seems like such a small thank you for such a big service.

I have a Mardi Gras shirt. I'll have to wait until my son quits playing games on my desktop where I have it stored. I'll post it later for you.

triplefigs said:
I have a Mardi Gras shirt. I'll have to wait until my son quits playing games on my desktop where I have it stored. I'll post it later for you.

I decided to go visit your design gallery again as I need inspiration to iron 30 shirts. It is snowing, so it's a stay home day tomorrow anyway. :goodvibes
Anyway, just wanted to tell you again how much I like your work.
Penny

Let me know if you need any changes. It means "let the good times roll"

chaoscent said:
I decided to go visit your design gallery again as I need inspiration to iron 30 shirts. It is snowing, so it's a stay home day tomorrow anyway. :goodvibes
Anyway, just wanted to tell you again how much I like your work.
Penny

Thanks! :blush:

You all are so wonderful! This is just what I needed. Yes, triplefigs, I grew up saying "Laissez les bons temps rouler" so this is just perfect for me! Having played the "do we include names or not" game, just to be on the safe side we have decided not to put names on our door so this image is perfect the way it is! Now, my question is do I just copy and paste and use it and how do you receive credit?

THANK YOU SO MUCH...THIS MADE MY DAY :sunny:

itdjbw -

I love the Hunchback idea! I'm going to search now. I can't believe I didn't think of that - even though it's way down there on our favorite movie list, it's actually kind of sentimental for us. The Disney premiere was held in the Superdome and we were fortunate enough to win tickets to attend. It was a wonderful experience - took DD, now 10, in her stroller - she was just a few months old. Gee, I haven't thought about that in years...I'll let you all know what I come up with!

Thanks again!

Marla

4mickeyfans said:
You all are so wonderful! This is just what I needed. Yes, triplefigs, I grew up saying "Laissez les bons temps rouler" so this is just perfect for me! Having played the "do we include names or not" game, just to be on the safe side we have decided not to put names on our door so this image is perfect the way it is! Now, my question is do I just copy and paste and use it and how do you receive credit?

THANK YOU SO MUCH...THIS MADE MY DAY :sunny:

Marla

Just right click the image and save it. Then just print and use however you want. I'd love to see pics of the finished products, so please post after your trip (you can just put in the thread I did the design). Hope you have a fabulous trip!

itdjbw, good idea for Hunchback. Found these that look appropriate.

clopin.gif

clipquasi6.gif

clipclopin.gif

clipclopking.gif

clipclop.gif

Thanks, again, to all of you for such wonderful ideas...keep them coming!

I spent the evening working on all of this but of course couldn't completely finish one project without starting another so right now, I have lots of nothing :crazy:

I do have a PLAN though! :thumbsup2

For the door, my plans are to do several magnets:
1) The "Laissez les bon temps rouler" sign from triplefigs :worship:
2) Another Mardi Gras sign that I made in Print Shop - I found a site w/ photo images from a Disney Mardi Gras production (either TokyoDisney or Disneyland Paris) and "framed" and added our wording.
3) A customized version of the ship in a "Mickey bubble" saying "Welcome Aboard" and "The Fowlers"- one of julia&nick'smom's designs...again :worship:
4) I am going to cut out shapes of Quasimodo as a jester and Stitch in crown and beads and have them each hold 3 Home Depot paint chips as balloons.

I think this will be plenty for the door...after all, I still have pillowcases and t-shirts to think about :earboy2:

I'll keep you all posted on the progress and certainly post a picture of the door when I return. I'd post some of what I made now but I'm going to have to figure out how!

For now, let me just say :thanks: and :disrocks:

sounds neat can't wait to see the finished products. magnet, pillow cases and shirts. :goodvibes :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter