Any other beginning runners doing F&W Half Marathon?

disneyvoice

DIS Veteran
I am just starting to run and my DH and I are planning to do either the 10K or Half Marathon. Just wondering if there are others out there who are just starting out as well. We will move moving close to WDW this summer, are there any training groups in the Winter Garden/Windermere area?

The F&W half will be my first half marathon!

I just did my first 10K during Princess weekend (I surprised myself and actually ran the whole thing!) and I will be doing the Dark Side 10K, as well. I still consider myself to be a "beginner" so I have a lot of training to do before November!

I live in Downtown Orlando so I only know of training groups that run Downtown. I'm not familiar with any in Winter Garden or Windermere but I'm sure they exist! :)

Welcome to FL! I live on the east side of the Orlando area in seminole county. Does the town you are moving to have any type of Facebook group? My town has a very large one and I was able to find a few groups through there. I’ve yet to get to a meet up though.

Tri & Run in Winter Garden always has signs for workouts and events, so I would start there.

This years Wine and Dine half marathon will be my first time on anything more than a 5k. Very excited and motivated to do this.

This is my first half marathon as well. I run off and on typically in an effort to lose weight. I usually go on and off every few months. I didn't get back into last year and really wanted to get myself back into it. I decided in January that I wanted to set myself a goal and a RunDisney race seemed like the perfect carrot. I'm both nervous and excited about the challenge. I can't wait to get out and run in the parks with my fellow Disney fans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter