Any rumors about price increases or potential new benefits for Annual Passes?

If you are staying on property you can book FP for all 11 days. Off property you can only book 7 at a time. I just had two 11 day stays less than 30 days apart and at one point had 22 days of FP booked. But I was at Pop both trips.

That's interesting, I thought I had read long ago that you could only carry up to 14 days worth, even if on property. Nice to know that you could book two stays worth close together, as I may be running into that scenario next year.

That's interesting, I thought I had read long ago that you could only carry up to 14 days worth, even if on property. Nice to know that you could book two stays worth close together, as I may be running into that scenario next year.
Perhaps it was because it was two separate trips? Or maybe something has changed since you read about it? The two trips were about three and a half weeks apart. I haven’t had a trip longer than 11 days with FP+, so it’s possible that there are issues if you have one longer trip. I would think travelers from the UK, who come for longer at one time, would have been saying some about it if it were still an issue.

Last time they raised AP prices there was no advanced warning and the increase was substantial $180-220ish dollars. If you know you are using it within the next year, bite the bullet and buy now. The AP vouchers used to be good until 2030 before you activated them. (I don't believe that this is still the case) People (myself included) were able to get AP's at the old price thru Sams club for a few days after the increase before they updated the pricing. I dont even think Sams still sells AP's now
Tickets At Works also had the cheaper APs and I'm pretty sure they still sell them. They had the cheaper ones for at least a week.

I have a 7-day trip booked for October 28-Nov 3, 2020. I am fairly certain that I am going to go next year and I am looking at the week of October 16-22 since the kids will be off of school and it is my birthday. Obviously, it would be in my best interest to buy an AP....but if I do NOT go next year, it would be money wasted. I would love to buy an AP now and lock in the price, but it is still $150 cheaper to buy a 7-day PH since that is what I know I need at the moment.

So, what I have decided to do is to buy a 7-day PH from UCT now and then, by the time my trip rolls around this year, I will have a much better grasp on my plans for next year. THEN, I can decide to upgrade to the AP and do it when I arrive. I will certainly lose out on some savings because there is sure to be a price increase, but I am hoping that the discount on the 7-day PH will off-set that increase so I should at least break even.

There is been a price increase in either February or March every year since 2014

Will non-AP ticket price increases even hit the news anymore? Since ticket prices vary now depending on the day, couldn't they just up the prices (say for Christmas week) today and no one would really know? (Similar to how the resort prices fluctuate and go up without an "advertised" increase).

For APs (I would gather) we would still get some sort of warning through the rumor milll a day or two before it happens.

I am in the same boat. I am planning on getting an AP (just for my 3yo daughter) before our June trip (She needed tickets (the rest of us have 9-days of tickets built up from the non-expiration days) and I figured getting an AP for the discounts, parking and memory maker may be worth it). I am putting that purchase off until it is closer to the 60-day mark unless I need to buy it sooner than later because of a price increase. No sense giving Disney money too far in advance.

Not sure when your trip is .. but look for an AP discount for your room if you haven't already. hey will still give you the AP discount (if you call in) even if you don't have an AP purchased yet. Just have to Thave one purchased and ready when you check-in.
According to a footnote in report Disney submits to the SEC, it looks like average ticket prices were 7% higher in the Oct-Dec than the year prior.

On the Theme Park Strategy forum, someone posted they noticed an overnight increase for Platinum AP.

All ticket prices went up. The plus option now includes the NBA Experience (available for purchases after February 11, 2020),

A new ticket option, too. You can now buy:

Base ticket
Base ticket + water park and sports
Park hopper
Park hopper + water park and sports

Ugh. I was hoping the AP wouldn’t go up until March. Well, at least I can wait a bit before purchasing since it’s too late.
I am in same boat. no need to rush getting it now.

The $75 increase pretty much negates the hotel discount I was getting with an AP rate :(.
Now i need to decide if the Memory Maker, Parking, food discounts and souvenir discounts are worth the extra cost of getting my daughter an AP for two trips (one 5 days and the other 4 days) ... (rest of us have tickets already). Tickets for a child for two trips like that is over $900 (CRAZY TO THINK ABOUT) .. so I think the extras are probably a wash now (meaning . I am not really saving anything unless I buy a ton of souvenirs or eat at a lot of TS restaurants) ..

Which stinks because we usually buy hopper plus water parks but will now have to help offset the poor attendance at the NBA experience by paying extra and not going to it.

Is that for NBA Experience or ESPN Wide World of Sports? I do like that you can now add water park to a base ticket again.

Just went back and looked at what we paid for our AP in 2018, i believe we paid about $850 each, so family of 4 before taxes we paid $3,400.00

New price $1195, family of 4 $4,780.00 before taxes...a whopping $1400 difference in a 2 year time frame.

Holy space balls. hard No.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!