Any rumors about price increases or potential new benefits for Annual Passes?

It would actually hurt the bottom line more to cut staffing at open parks.
When I say cutting staff I am talking about meet and greets, and cutting operational hours and stuff like that so not really removing front line cast but in areas where they can make cuts to save money.

It’s always a good idea to check any third party sites you can. Last year I got my platinum renewal voucher at AAA after the new prices were announced, and it was a discount off the old rate so I saved over $200 from the new gate rate. Even though the Florida resident platinum doesn’t appear to be affected in this round of price increases I just went ahead and ordered a renewal voucher through AAA again. It’s still a decent discount off current rates and I know my price is locked in if Disney changes the rate later.

Anyone still on the fence who might be deterred solely by the increase should see what they can find at third party sites for the next week. It seems like last year the third parties didn’t raise their rates for at least a week after Disney did. Remember the run on Sam’s Club?
Who are the third party sellers right now for out of state AP’s? I was going to buy the platinum plus, but with the nearly $100 increase, I’m planning on the Platinum instead. Maybe with the 3rd party sellers I’ll go back to Platinum Plus.

Who are the third party sellers right now for out of state AP’s? I was going to buy the platinum plus, but with the nearly $100 increase, I’m planning on the Platinum instead. Maybe with the 3rd party sellers I’ll go back to Platinum Plus.
I got mine (the day of the price increase) with pre-increase prices via Tickets @ Work. It also had a discount .. so all in all .. probably got over $114 off the current price (after taxes.)
Who knows if they still have them at the old prices.

I got mine (the day of the price increase) with pre-increase prices via Tickets @ Work. It also had a discount .. so all in all .. probably got over $114 off the current price (after taxes.)
Who knows if they still have them at the old prices.
I don’t have access to that site because my employer doesn’t participate.

I was wondering if anywhere like BJ’s or Sam’s Club or anywhere else that’s generally open to the public might have them now.

Any discount I could get would be nice. I guess BJ’s has Disney gift cards for a slight discount, so if I paid for two passes with those cards, I could get a total of about $150 off.

When I say cutting staff I am talking about meet and greets, and cutting operational hours and stuff like that so not really removing front line cast but in areas where they can make cuts to save money.
Agreed on this but I also think we see another increase in july. They will continue to maximize profit per entry until they hit the tipping point where its maxed

I don’t have access to that site because my employer doesn’t participate.

I was wondering if anywhere like BJ’s or Sam’s Club or anywhere else that’s generally open to the public might have them now.

Any discount I could get would be nice. I guess BJ’s has Disney gift cards for a slight discount, so if I paid for two passes with those cards, I could get a total of about $150 off.
Sam's Club sold them mid-year, 2019, at a discount. They had a certain number of Platinum Passes which were sold at the pre-increase price, until the passes sold out. Sam's Club no longer sells the Passes, but they do sell gift cards and tickets. If you have a Discover credit card, the Q2 2020 promotion will offer 5% at warehouse clubs.

I was hoping they might even start offering more discounts and special offers to get people in if attendance starts dropping due to travel fears.

Depends on if the fear is unfounded or if it's based on new cases growing exponentially.

Even if they kept WDW open (which I doubt), and offered free dining and discounts... would you go? Right now, maybe... two week from now when they say there are 10,000 confirmed cases and growing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter