Any USA entry updates?

GraemeO

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, has anyone any updates or rumours if we will be allowed entry into the US in July at all?
really don’t want to cancel my holiday .....

and something i hadn't noticed until yesterday, ALL international travelers, regardless of where they're coming from, must self-quarantine for 14 days....
they're permitted to travel inside the US to their destination, but once they arrive there, must self-quarantine for 2 weeks...
That's according to the CDC website.
Of course, there's no way of knowing how long that restriction will be in place, but can you imagine arriving in orlando for your 14 day WDW holiday and finding out you need to stay in your hotel room for 14 days?
that gives new meaning to a resort only holiday ...

Last edited:

Seems more unlikely than the positive people think now that Virgin have announced they will not be flying to Orlando until at least the 20th Aug.
Isn't the August date just for Manchester to Orlando? I thought London we're flying out next month? Apologies if I'm wrong
Edit - you're right! I hadn't even seen this news. Oh no ☹️

The numbers are rising quite dramatically in over 20 states, including Florida and, being careful not to be political, the irresponsibility of certain people who are supposedly in charge of the US is not helping. I doubt if they'll lift the restrictions for the rest of the year even if every other country in the world, including the UK were as good as clear of Covid-19.

The numbers are rising quite dramatically in over 20 states, including Florida and, being careful not to be political, the irresponsibility of certain people who are supposedly in charge of the US is not helping. I doubt if they'll lift the restrictions for the rest of the year even if every other country in the world, including the UK were as good as clear of Covid-19.
Sad but probably true.

CNN are reporting that the EU is considering banning travellers from the US and other countries from entering the Scheningen countries. We are no longer part of the EU, so we are not going to be part of this. However, will the UK follow suit and do the same.
As to how the US will react to having the same done to them as they've been doing to us, who knows, but, I suspect we won't be seeing their ban on travel removed anytime this year.
In that case Disney should be coming up with a plan for those of us who have not cancelled and accepted the offer of the 35% discount in return for keeping our reservation with them. Not holding my breath mind you.

Without knowing how many tests are being done as well each day, it is hard to know if the upturn in new cases is real, or just due to more testing. But the number of deaths isn't showing any signs of an upturn - if that starts to go up as well, that is the time to start worrying.

We are likely to have to agree to ban the US (keep in place a ban) in order to agree opening up with shengen area. I’d imagine most of EU will not want a back door route for the virus to come back from US, or any other country, via the UK.

We are likely to have to agree to ban the US (keep in place a ban) in order to agree opening up with shengen area. I’d imagine most of EU will not want a back door route for the virus to come back from US, or any other country, via the UK.
How would it be a backdoor route?
We have never been part of Schengen so have always had to go through passport control when arriving in those countries.
If we allow Americans to come in and the EU don't it then API will identify banned nationalities before they try to fly/train/ferry and any who do get through would be stopped by Schengen immigration.

ford family

How would it be a backdoor route?
We have never been part of Schengen so have always had to go through passport control when arriving in those countries.
If we allow Americans to come in and the EU don't it then API will identify banned nationalities before they try to fly/train/ferry and any who do get through would be stopped by Schengen immigration.

ford family
What I mean is if we let them into Britain and they infect people here we could infect them.

Considering the issues currently in the US with the rise in Covid cases then we should be part of it too. There is a good reason why the EU is considering this ban, the US is not doing a great deal to tackle the crisis, even to the point of being in denial and even though the UK govt hasn't exactly been fantastic at least our numbers are reducing rapidly. The US is not lifting it's ban on countries that have taken great strides in tackling the problem and whose numbers have fallen exponentially, so we should not allow citizens of a country where individual states are refusing entry to residents of other states for fear of spreading the virus from entering our borders. Sounds a bit tit for tat perhaps, but, it's common sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!