Any USA entry updates?

Well my (plan B) British Airways flight Gatwick to Athens in October has been cancelled but my British Airways flight Gatwick to MCO is still scheduled. 33 days to go!

Well my (plan B) British Airways flight Gatwick to Athens in October has been cancelled but my British Airways flight Gatwick to MCO is still scheduled. 33 days to go!
A cynic mighy suggest that they intend to wait until after the final payment date for the (Presumably fairly full) half term flights to Orlando before they cancel them, thus avoiding having to refund to anyone who has only paid deposits etc.

Our final payment day is the 29th September. It is abundantly clear that the current ban on travel to the US will still be in place then. I would have hoped that they would do the decent thing and cancel before that final payment date, but at present am preparing myself for them cancelling after I have lost my deposit due to refusing to pay in full by the PIF date for flights that I believe will not be flying.

A cynic mighy suggest that they intend to wait until after the final payment date for the (Presumably fairly full) half term flights to Orlando before they cancel them, thus avoiding having to refund to anyone who has only paid deposits etc.

Our final payment day is the 29th September. It is abundantly clear that the current ban on travel to the US will still be in place then. I would have hoped that they would do the decent thing and cancel before that final payment date, but at present am preparing myself for them cancelling after I have lost my deposit due to refusing to pay in full by the PIF date for flights that I believe will not be flying.
I buy flights directly from BA and pay in full upon purchase. To date, they have been very good. My son’s flight from Buenos Aires was cancelled and they refunded within 48 hours. Similarly our July flight to MCO was cancelled in June and again they refunded us within 48 hours.

If the airline operates the flights but the FO/US is still saying essential travel only, then will the airline give a refund if you (we) cancel? (They could still fly to serve essential travellers.)
I will be given a refund if BA cancel or apparently if the travel restrictions are in place within 30 days of the flight (almost there!), but otherwise I made a flexible booking so I can change the flight free of charge.

I buy flights directly from BA and pay in full upon purchase. To date, they have been very good. My son’s flight from Buenos Aires was cancelled and they refunded within 48 hours. Similarly our July flight to MCO was cancelled in June and again they refunded us within 48 hours.
We buy direct too, but (unusually for us) only put the deposit down intending to pay the rest off in the spring. Then COVID hit so I didn’t. And I’m not paying up the rest now just to secure the refund of £300 in the event that they cancel given that we’ve already cancelled our Disney booking and would have nowhere to stay. So I need them to cancel this side of the 29th to get the £300 back. I’m just not very hopeful of that.
Good to hear that they have been processing refunds quickly for cancelled flights though :)

British Airways have just moved my October 2020 flight from Gatwick South to Gatwick North. Same date and time. I asked about the travel restrictions and they wrote that it is too early to say whether travel restrictions will be in place in October. Do they know something that we don’t?

They know that after the 12th October they likely to be allowed to fly to MCO again. I think that is all. We got the same email today for flights on the 17th. I cannot believe that they haven’t cancelled yet. Virgin did weeks ago. Bonkers.

I've read a few different sources now saying that flights from the US from the UK wont start until after the US elections. The theory being Trump wont risk 'opening the gates' so to speak in case things go bad. Interesting theory that may have some merit

I can’t PN you either. Wierd. I know one needs a min amount of posts.
Yeah I know. That shouldn't be the problem as I have contributed quite a bit in the past :teeth: Finde den Fehler :(

I think that something is up with your profile - I cannot start a conversation with you either but can with Bavarian Princess. Not that I need to send you a message, I was just curious so tested for you.
Thanks for checking my profile!! I have no idea what has caused the problem...Maybe I accidentally changed my settings somehow :worried:

I've read a few different sources now saying that flights from the US from the UK wont start until after the US elections. The theory being Trump wont risk 'opening the gates' so to speak in case things go bad. Interesting theory that may have some merit
Simon Calder, the Independent travel writer has stated this several times and he is a trustworthy source.

The theory being Trump wont risk 'opening the gates' so to speak in case things go bad.
I think it is more a case that he is busy trying to win his domestic battles. Non-essential international travel probably isn't even on his radar at present, so his directive just stands.

I think it is more a case that he is busy trying to win his domestic battles. Non-essential international travel probably isn't even on his radar at present, so his directive just stands.
But so know the airlines are on this week with possible bailout issues. Transatlantic travel is vital for them. I know a transatlantic corridor ( testing program) is being worked on.

It looks like there is a document ready...which just hast to be signed... by a certain someone ;) A friend of mine traveled to the US this week and got a special permit from the embassy.

I am still on the fence when to book my flights :(

Maybe this is a stupid question but does anyone know if I'd have to renew my ESTA once the travel restrictions will be lifted? I renewed it in Jan 2020 and it should be valid until 2022 but I don't know if the suspension of ESTA in the course of the travel restrictions means that I have to renew it once the borders are open again?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter