Any Virtual Queues?

boxer

DIS Veteran
DVC Platinum
Have an upcoming trip in early-November, and have EP--but didn't see anything if there are any virtual queues we need to be aware of? If there are, is there an App that I need (like the Disney App) to be eligible for them?

I am going in early November too! This is our first trip so I don't know much. I have found that there is an Universal FL App. It IS like Disney's app - with a map and wait times. I also read that you need the app for mobile food and drink ordering.
The app does have sign-ups for virtual queues - but I don't know anything about EP.

Hopefully more knowledgeable people answer so I can learn too!

I am going in early November too! This is our first trip so I don't know much. I have found that there is an Universal FL App. It IS like Disney's app - with a map and wait times. I also read that you need the app for mobile food and drink ordering.
The app does have sign-ups for virtual queues - but I don't know anything about EP.

Hopefully more knowledgeable people answer so I can learn too!

We have been to Uni several other times, but not during this mess called Covid, lol. EP (Express Pass) came with our hotel stay, since we are at Hard Rock. If you are asking about EP itself, you can get it for free when you stay at Hard Rock, Portifino (closed at this time) or Royal Pacific. Otherwise, you can purchase the pass seperately at the park.

Just to give you an idea about EP--we have hit BOTH parks in a single day by utilizing EP. Typically, we start our vacation at Uni, then head to Disney for the rest. We have hit literally every ride we have wanted in 1-day (of course that is moving pretty good) by using EP. I wish Disney had something similar, because this is where Uni is far superior.

We have been to Uni several other times, but not during this mess called Covid, lol. EP (Express Pass) came with our hotel stay, since we are at Hard Rock. If you are asking about EP itself, you can get it for free when you stay at Hard Rock, Portifino (closed at this time) or Royal Pacific. Otherwise, you can purchase the pass seperately at the park.

Just to give you an idea about EP--we have hit BOTH parks in a single day by utilizing EP. Typically, we start our vacation at Uni, then head to Disney for the rest. We have hit literally every ride we have wanted in 1-day (of course that is moving pretty good) by using EP. I wish Disney had something similar, because this is where Uni is far superior.
To add to this - EP doesn't require the app. If you are staying at one of the 3 hotels that includes EP, your room key doubles as your EP credentials. You just show your key at the EP entrance to the ride and they scan it. Then there is usually a second scanner part way through that line. This is where lanyards are particularly helpful - makes it easy to show your EP without having to pull it out of your pocket over and over.

As far as virtual lines, the only ride that may need that is Hagrid's. There is no EP line for that and they seem to go back and forth between standby only and virtual line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!