Any way to make my son 1 inch taller?

babynurse1 said:
Do they really make your kid take off their tennis shoes? My son was 47 1/4 at his last check up, but a solid 48 with shoes. I DONT want him to ride if its unsafe, but I've never seen a CM tell a kid to take off their shoes, and I was just checking as sombody posted earlier that they will do that. Thanks.

I saw it once during our Jan 2006 trip and I saw it 4 times during my June/July 2006 trip. This past trip the first time was at RnRC, the second & third were at EE and the 4th time it was at BTMRR. Never saw this happen before this year.

I saw it once during our Jan 2006 trip and I saw it 4 times during my June/July 2006 trip. This past trip the first time was at RnRC, the second & third were at EE and the 4th time it was at BTMRR. Never saw this happen before this year.

Chances are you never saw it happen before this year because, 'Add an Inch to Your Child's Height & They will be able to get onto Every Attraction at WDW with These GREAT Shoes!!!' wasn't plastered all over the internet before then. ;)

Don't think for one second that Disney doesn't read these types of forums, because I assure you that they do. :rolleyes1

The internet is so good and yet oh so bad...

Well sheesh! :rotfl2: OP here...although maybe I shouldn't admit to that (can CPS trace my username and come take away my 43 inch child?!).

Joking aside, I am reading all the comments and taking them seriously (except the ones just looking for a fight...I'm sure those posters can find a more contraversial post elsewhere). My family and I are planning our first trip to WDW, which is why I didn't know this topic was one of the "hot" ones here. By the time we go, I'm sure my son will be within 1/2 inch of the requirement, and I really don't think that's a big deal. With tennis shoes (not heels!), I imagine he'll make it, and I know they set the measurement with shoe-wearing in consideration, so being 44 inches with shoes doesn't seem like "cheating" to me. I really wasn't asking for ways to make him inches taller, and I'm not trying to push a 20 pound toddler on the ride. If he's right at the cutoff, I'd even ask the CM if it's safe.

And I'm NOT the parent you see forcing their child on a ride that's too much for them...I'm surprised he even wants to go on, and he very well may change his mind. He also wants to try Tower of Terror...is that 44 inches too? I can't remember.

And yes, he's been warned that he may not be tall enough by the time we go, and we'll certainly know right before we leave if it's likely to happen or not. He is not the type to have a "fit" at the line about it. I don't know if we'll ever be back to WDW in his childhood (hopefully, but there are many other places we intend to travel to as well), and so that's what prompted my question. Sorry to rehash a hot topic. Didn't realize. :)
Make sure that he knows that he wants to hit the bar. A lob of kids try to duck under it.

This is a old post but I'm sure other people have tried to make their kids taller. Just follow the guidelines there is so much to do at Disney gives them something to look forward to in the future. Plus I convince my kids eating healthy and next time they might be tall enough

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter