Any Word on the OKW Refurbishment?

amcnj

DIS Veteran
Does anyone who has been to OKW recently have any information about the refurbishment? Just wondering if they started yet and if so, did it appear they were shutting down a whole building at a time?

Thanks!

I'm curious about this as well! My family has reservations at OKW (our home resort) for end of Nov this year and wondering how much it'll impact us. I've read on different sites that it's both on time an delayed lol

We just checked out yesterday, didn't see any sign of a refurbishment underway. We did the "Legend of Conch Flats" tour and the CM mentioned that a refurbishment is scheduled for later this year but she also mentioned that they're still "working out all of the details" but who knows whether that part is true or not!

We just checked out yesterday, didn't see any sign of a refurbishment underway. We did the "Legend of Conch Flats" tour and the CM mentioned that a refurbishment is scheduled for later this year but she also mentioned that they're still "working out all of the details" but who knows whether that part is true or not!

How was the tour???

Wondering about all this also. We're planning a trip to OKW next April/May and hoping the refurbishment won't affect us much if at all.

It really shouldn't affect anybody at all. Renovations mean they close down the entire building and fence it off. All you see is a fenced off building. They aren't working in the building where you are staying.

I heard it was delayed because they made some changes to the design. This month''s Disney Files magazine says it is due to start this summer.

I heard it was delayed because they made some changes to the design. This month''s Disney Files magazine says it is due to start this summer.
They must be keeping the repainted black dining room table and alligator finish coffee table.

How was the tour???
I took the tour last December.
It was nice, and very informative. Took place in the library, the entrance of Olivia's, and worked its way to the movie viewing area. And at the end, we were given a nice OKW pin and free bottles of water. I hope to go again this December.

How was the tour???
It was nice - it was just DH and I plus two other couples, it was very basic and honestly the guide was super nice but I got the feeling someone told her what to say and she didn't quite get all of it and couldn't quite remember exactly what she was supposed to say at the end. We were finished in about 45 minutes but we waited in Community Hall for some surprises at the end which were also nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!