Anybody else hoping for January 2023 discounts?

QueenofScott

Mouseketeer
Hubs and I are planning a trip for January 22-27, 2023::MickeyMo We have booked our first night at the Hilton Buena Vista Palace and the other four nights in a Garden Wing Garden View room at the Contemporary. We have gone several times in January and love this time of year for the weather, as well as lower crowds and prices (at least in the past!). We have always been able to get discounts for our trips, but know it's never a given. We will go regardless, but are crossing our fingers for some sort of discount at CR🤞

I didn't remember when the discounts had typically been released, so I checked historical dates on Mousesavers. It looks like November is when they have been released for the last few years. We aren't AP holders, but do have a Disney Visa card, as well as Disney+. Is anyone else watching, waiting, and hoping for January 2023 discounts??

Yes, I'll be checking often to see if/when discounts for late Jan or early Feb are released. The recent disney+ discounts seemed pretty good, so hoping for something similar, but hearing how sales are booming, I wouldn't be surprised to see discounts taper off with demand so high at the moment.

Hubs and I are planning a trip for January 22-27, 2023::MickeyMo We have booked our first night at the Hilton Buena Vista Palace and the other four nights in a Garden Wing Garden View room at the Contemporary. We have gone several times in January and love this time of year for the weather, as well as lower crowds and prices (at least in the past!). We have always been able to get discounts for our trips, but know it's never a given. We will go regardless, but are crossing our fingers for some sort of discount at CR🤞

I didn't remember when the discounts had typically been released, so I checked historical dates on Mousesavers. It looks like November is when they have been released for the last few years. We aren't AP holders, but do have a Disney Visa card, as well as Disney+. Is anyone else watching, waiting, and hoping for January 2023 discounts??
Excited for you XD! My family is also in the process of going (YES) in january as well. I am very glad you commented on the weather conditions as for us could be a big factor (too hot not so good) WET doesnt scare us. As far as discounts go I too am waiting foe the Promos to be release ...I have heard , more than likely on Utube DFB guide or similar stream etc, that the release of the 2023 discounts etc will be released 1-2 weeks in JUNE. Additionally i beleive you can book as is and or with a promo and if a newer more desireable promo becomes available or announced you can change and or apply it to the promo...with some conditions i assume.

Mousesavers. - yes i have and still use this site for info EVEN if it is just as a guide. This gives me a standard idea of the room rates at times of years etc and of course those HOLIDAY days weeks seasons to avaoid. For us anyways. Also I was having issues on DISNEYGO app trying to get prices for booking days past December as they update looks like upto 6 months advance etc. But i found a way to (IF realistic) get around that window of prices.

If you know what I am talking about (JANUARY) is not available for Booking for us being arounf Jan 15-28 etc.....so this is what i did:

1) book the last day avaialable to book (december 31) as check in........ and place your checkout date so the app feels we are staying for like 3 weeks etc. then just go through the process and checkout. (ONLY TO THE POINT WHERE YOU CAN GET THE DETAILS OF THE ACCOMODATIONS") DIS go price.PNG

this just an example i was using to get some ideas. this is how i could see the daily rates for in january as a guide. just highlight the days you are wanting and add them up.

Not sure if that helps or hinders but then you can cross fingers for promos which will typically reduce this number.

Cheers.

Excited for you XD! My family is also in the process of going (YES) in january as well. I am very glad you commented on the weather conditions as for us could be a big factor (too hot not so good) WET doesnt scare us. As far as discounts go I too am waiting foe the Promos to be release ...I have heard , more than likely on Utube DFB guide or similar stream etc, that the release of the 2023 discounts etc will be released 1-2 weeks in JUNE. Additionally i beleive you can book as is and or with a promo and if a newer more desireable promo becomes available or announced you can change and or apply it to the promo...with some conditions i assume.

Mousesavers. - yes i have and still use this site for info EVEN if it is just as a guide. This gives me a standard idea of the room rates at times of years etc and of course those HOLIDAY days weeks seasons to avaoid. For us anyways. Also I was having issues on DISNEYGO app trying to get prices for booking days past December as they update looks like upto 6 months advance etc. But i found a way to (IF realistic) get around that window of prices.

If you know what I am talking about (JANUARY) is not available for Booking for us being arounf Jan 15-28 etc.....so this is what i did:

1) book the last day avaialable to book (december 31) as check in........ and place your checkout date so the app feels we are staying for like 3 weeks etc. then just go through the process and checkout. (ONLY TO THE POINT WHERE YOU CAN GET THE DETAILS OF THE ACCOMODATIONS") View attachment 671785

this just an example i was using to get some ideas. this is how i could see the daily rates for in january as a guide. just highlight the days you are wanting and add them up.

Not sure if that helps or hinders but then you can cross fingers for promos which will typically reduce this number.

Cheers.
I think what you might have seen is that June 8th is the date you’d be able to book a package for 2023. Until yesterday you could only book room-only reservations. Now you can add park tickets, hoppers, etc and make your park reservations. Based on mousesavers historical release dates, I’m guessing September/October for offers for January. And given the impending recession, I think a decent offer is likely.

Week of January 28,2023 for us!! How do you find out about discounts? We’ve already booked and sent deposit. Newbies to this stuff. Thanks so much!!

Week of January 28,2023 for us!! How do you find out about discounts? We’ve already booked and sent deposit. Newbies to this stuff. Thanks so much!!
I subscribe to Disney Food Blog and Mousesavers newsletters! They send out notices when discounts are available. I also look at Disney FB groups and this forum. It could be fall before we see any. I know times have changed now, but we’ve gone in January several times in the past and have always gotten discounts. Hopefully they will have some available for our trips!

Thank you! Are the discounts for rooms already booked, packages, transportation, or what? I’m always excited about saving some money and getting a good deal! Especially these days!!

Thank you! Are the discounts for rooms already booked, packages, transportation, or what? I’m always excited about saving some money and getting a good deal! Especially these days!!
Isn't that the truth! Any discount on such an expensive vacation is great! We've always had great luck in getting one for your trips. We've actually always gotten one (though I know we can't count on it).

We've had both room only discounts and package discounts in the past. You may or may not be able to have a discount applied to the particular resort and room category you have already booked. Sometimes we've ended up making a new reservation and canceling the original. We've've switched room categories (like from a garden view to water view, etc) or even changed to a different resort. I usually have a few I'm interested in. We'll just keep our fingers crossed while we wait out the next few months!

We are planning on coming over from Aus for a big once in a lifetime trip, from 28th Jan or so. Any discounts announced yet?

We are planning on coming over from Aus for a big once in a lifetime trip, from 28th Jan or so. Any discounts announced yet?
No. The current discounts only go thru end of September. Mousesavers has a list of discount dates & when they were released. Search for their historical discount page.

When I checked Mousesavers a while back, I believe the akmauary discounts were released in the October-November time frame. 😀

There’s barely a single day at Disney without a discount of some sort, even this year. They may be smaller but they are discounts. Week between Christmas and New Years is about the only dates where you’ll just about never find any discount at all. Traditionally they end 12/24. If you book an official Disney package you get lucky because it will extend from 12/24 right on through the end of your stay. Room only doesn’t work that way, it applies night by night.

Anyway, yes, I fully expect to see discounts. What percent? I haven’t a clue

I don‘t bother with checking historical discounts because I do think they are pointless now. What has happened in the past, as for timing, is out the window. Both when and how much. Only thing I count on is something.

Last edited:
If you book a package you get lucky because it will extend from 12/24 right on through the end of your stay. Room only doesn’t work that way, it applies night by night.
Just to clarify, it only extends if it is a specific package promotion, like free dining was. If you add tickets to a basic room discount & make it a package, the discount will only apply to the dates included in the promotion. All nights not included in those dates will be at rack rate, even tho it is a package.

Last edited:
Just to clarify, it only extends if it is a specific package promotion, like free dining was. If you add tickets to a basic room discount & make it a package, the discount will only apply to the dates included in the promotion. All nights not included in those dates will be at rack rate, even tho it is a package.
Never knew that was a real package so didn’t count it so ok. I’m talking an official Disney package. I’ll fix my post

Never knew that was a real package so didn’t count it so ok. I’m talking an official Disney package. I’ll fix my post

Once you add tickets to any room reservation, it becomes an official Disney package. All the official prepayment & cancellation policies apply.

And actually, you can even book packages without tickets. Lately CRO has been booking even room reservations as a package. I called to book the Disney Visa room discount & had to request it be booked as a room only. The CM was automatically making it a package & tried to get me to book it that way. I had to stand firm that I didn’t want the package & it’s policies.

So anyway, any discount that is a room discount only applies to the specific included dates. Discounts that are specifically for packages apply for length of stay as long as you check in during the included dates. (Free dining, kids eat free etc).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter