Anybody have a no-fail cookie recipe?

Cake mix cookies are some of my favorites! I especially love lemon. I use a different recipe that calls for cream cheese, but this one looks good too! I might have to give it a try...

Pretty Pink Cookies for Valentines

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This should also go on the cookies from Cake mixes post but I wanted to post this because they are good and pretty for valenitine's day. When I make these, everyone always wants the recipe.

Pink Cherry Chip Cookies
(I usually double this because everyone eats them up so fast!-the icing is what makes them so good)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1 box Betty Crocker Cherry Chip Cake Mix
¼ cup butter or margarine(softened)
1teaspoon butter flavoring
½ teaspoon vanilla flavoring
Few drops red food coloring(for looks only)
8 oz. cream cheese(softened)
1 egg
½ cup chopped pecans

Cream butter and cream cheese with ½ of the dry cake mix. Add egg, vanilla and butter flavoring and red food coloring. Mix in remaining cake mix and nuts. Drop rounded teaspoonful on greased cookie sheet. Bake for about 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees. (kind of watch them-these cookies are better if they are sort of soft-not crunchy) Let cool completely.

Icing:
1 box powdered sugar
½ cup canned evaporated milk(more or less to get right consistency)
½ stick butter(softened)
Few drops red food coloring

Mix above ingredients together. Ice cookies when completely cooled. If stacking cookies, put wax paper between layers.

Notes: I have used regular milk or whipping cream but canned milk is better in the icing. Also, I’ve used canned cherry vanilla icing but homemade is better.

P.S. I'm a teacher and I always enjoy the treats my students bring in for me. It's heartfelt and I figure, what kind of germs could I be exposed to that they don't already bring into the classroom anyway?

Good luck with your baking!

You restored my faith in teachers. I was kind of shocked by some of the responses.

The Cherry Chip cookie sounds awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter