Anybody see an advantage between these two possible trips dates in December?

rw_hadley

"Did you ever get the feeling there's something go
So we're planning on taking DD to WDW to celebrate her 4th birthday, which will be 12/12/06.
We'll stay eight nights at WL.
We've been thinking that our dates would be arriving Friday, December 8, and leaving on Saturday, December 16. Lately I'm wondering though if there are any advantages to moving the trip a week earlier to arrive Friday, December 1 and leave on Saturday, December 9.
True, DD's birthday wouldn't actually fall during this period, but it would still be in honor of her birthday.

Both sets of dates will probably get us an opportunity to see MVMCP, and both sets overlap a couple of days of Mousefest.

The earlier set of dates would be easier for me to swing at work given my yearly workload (yes, I can pretty much predict that far out), but the later dates do actually include DD's birthday, and touringplans.com crowd level predictor show the later dates as probably being slightly less crowded (although we realize this is one of the least crowded times anyway, and crowds would probably be manageable either way.)

So, can anybody think of anything that might make one set of dates better?
I know it's a subjective question, but I thought I'd turn to the Greater Community for input.

I haven't checked availability at WL yet, although I'm assuming they must have at least one room this far out! Also, since flights only get put up 11 months in advance, I can't really compare costs on those too well yet.

I'm one of those plan waay too far in advance people, so I'm champing at the bit to get my reservations in, but maybe I should cool my heels for a while and see how things shake out?

Anyway: thoughts on the matter?

We like the first week of December - your trip currently will bring you to 12/20, which is too close to the Xmas holidays for my liking. Hanukkah begins on 12/16 this year, so you may see more traffic due to that.

You can still celebrate DD's bday a week early, but I understand that there's nothing like being there!

We went the first week of Dec. last year in 04 and it was GREAT...hardly any lines for the rides and I think the longest we stood in linw was like 20 min....

http://www.touringplans.com/BestDays.htm

Scroll down to the list of dates for December. We originally had the first week reserved. I changed to the 8th - 16th because of the lower crowds that are forecasted and I have also heard that there is some kind of a Pop Warner little league football thing going on the first week of December that draws large crowd of children with smaller crowds of adult supervision!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter