Anybody stayed at the Whitehall Hotel in Chicago?

jodifla

WDW lover since 1972
I'm in the unthinkable position of having to use 69 points by March or losing them! In 11 years of ownership, I've used each and every point, so this is an odd feeling.

Anyway, our 20th wedding anniversary is coming up, and I was thinking about the Whitehall since we could drive there from Detroit.

Anybody stayed there, or familiar with the hotel?

Yes I have. The staff was excellent, my husband needed a tie and they offered to go get him one.

Yes I have. The staff was excellent, my husband needed a tie and they offered to go get him one.

how was your room? Did you use points?

I've been to Chicago once, and DH has never been. Would you think this is a good anniversary trip?

TIA!

It was a great room, very nice. Yes I used points.

Although I wouldn't want to go in cold weather ( since thats is why I moved to Fl ) It was an excellent time, I hope to go back.

Cheryl

It was a great room, very nice. Yes I used points.

Although I wouldn't want to go in cold weather ( since thats is why I moved to Fl ) It was an excellent time, I hope to go back.

Cheryl

I hear ya about the weather!

Thanks.

DH and I stayed there 4 years ago. (not on points, I think it was 300.00 a night in the summer) I thought that it was a nice hotel. It is a boutique hotel< small, individual service. The rooms were very elegant. It had a bar and a restaurant. We only ate breakfast there. It was good.

I thought that the location was great, nice clean neighborhood. It was only a few blocks from shopping at the Miracle Mile (I think, it has been a while, I know we walked) I believe it was near Rush Street, the famous bar district, although we didn't go. There are lots of nice outdoor café's near by. We sat ouside and had a nice lunch and glass of wine. I think that we took a cab to Navy Pier and rode on the ferris wheel. I think that it would be a great choice for a couples get away.

Good Luck.:wizard:

I used points there for a night a few years ago because I was going to lose them. I remember the room being small but the location is really nice, near Water Tower Place (shopping). It's a boutique hotel as someone else mentioned, not a big hotel. I don't think you mentioned your travel dates but it's nice right now, but already starting to get cooler.

I work in Chicago.:wizard: There is definately alot to do and see.

how was your room? Did you use points?

I've been to Chicago once, and DH has never been. Would you think this is a good anniversary trip?

TIA!

Being from Northwest Indiana and about 45 minutes away from there in good traffic, I would say that it would make an excellent anniversary trip. The hotel is beautiful, staff is responsive, and between the shopping and shows nearby, you will have lots you could do.

We have stayed there several times, though never on points. Very nice European type hotel. Great service. Great location, close to shopping. My Dw and two DDs just love it. I now have granddaughters being introduced to the hotel and they love it.

DH and I stayed there 4 years ago. (not on points, I think it was 300.00 a night in the summer) I thought that it was a nice hotel. It is a boutique hotel< small, individual service. The rooms were very elegant. It had a bar and a restaurant. We only ate breakfast there. It was good.

I thought that the location was great, nice clean neighborhood. It was only a few blocks from shopping at the Miracle Mile (I think, it has been a while, I know we walked) I believe it was near Rush Street, the famous bar district, although we didn't go. There are lots of nice outdoor café's near by. We sat ouside and had a nice lunch and glass of wine. I think that we took a cab to Navy Pier and rode on the ferris wheel. I think that it would be a great choice for a couples get away.

Good Luck.:wizard:

That area of the city is referred to as the "Magnificent Mile". ;) It's actually across the street from the Four Seasons Hotel and the Shops at 900 N. Michigan. Bloomingdales is the anchor store of that particular mall. Water Tower Place is a skip away, and the John Hancock bldg. (with a WONDERFUL observation deck and nice lounge at the top) is even closer. It is a small older hotel, but very nicely done. As for location, it doesn't get any better in the city! IMO, it would be a very nice choice for your trip! Let "us" know if you decide to stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter