Anyone been to Chef Mickey since remodel?

We went this morning for a 7:30 breakfast. We were seated in the back room and honestly I have no idea where the refurb was. We've never sat in that section before so I don't know what the wall decor looked like previously, but I can tell you the carpet was filthy. Very old food ground into it, etc. I bent down to pick up a stray napkin and couldn't believe it. We were the first seating in that room and I know it wasn't from us. So it doesn't appear that they replaced or cleaned carpeting during the refurb time. We thought the food was fine and our server was very nice. The characters were chaotic, like they'd suddenly go off into the kitchen area after only visiting a few tables. It was odd. Overall the experience was fine, but we really couldn't tell what took so long to refurbish.

I thought I saw the term refurbishment used, but it doesn't matter. Let's just say they should've seized the opportunity to work outside the kitchen, as well.

I agree. For the enormous price tag for a meal, cleanliness and a fresh appearance should be a priority. It would've been a seemingly easy thing to tidy and/or replace while the kitchen was being worked on. If folks stop booking the restaurant because they are unhappy with the quality, Disney will likely listen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!