Anyone been to MK on a Sunday recently?

NancyK

DIS Veteran
Hi,
We used to find that crowds were light on Sundays in MK. I'm wondering if it's much busier now that early entry takes place? Thanks for your input.

I was there Sunday 8/31 and found it crowded. Not unbearable, but crowded.

I was there three days ago, 9/7! We stayed on site and took advantage of EE so we got in a little after 8am. We just didn't see crowds at all until around noon and then it started looking a little more crowded-but even then, splash was still walk on, POC no more than 5 minute wait. HM said 10 minute and it was just the time it took to walk in. Maybe Fantasy land or Tomarrow land were busy by that time but we did those early.

If you're in the off season I would certainly recommend Sundays but be there as early as you can.

Sharon

I was there this past Sunday (9/7). We didn't make it to MK until 9:45 AM (almost 2 hours after EE, and 45 minutes after the regular opening.) It was not crowded at all. We walked onto Pirates and rode it twice, then Haunted Mansion was a walk on and rode it twice.

The only part that was at all crowded was Fantasyland. But even then the line waits were short. We waited 10 minutes for Small World, Snow White, Winnie, and Peter Pan.

Alien Encounter was a walk on and Buzz was a 5 minute wait both times we rode it. Space Mountain was a 5 minute wait. Splash Mountain was a walk on in the morning but when we rode it at 2:30 PM there was a 10 minute wait both times we rode it.

Bev

We were there Sunday 8/24 and went for EE. It was amazing how many rides we did and did again before 10. After about noon it started getting fairly crowded and we decided to split and check out Epcot. I think Sunday morning was an awesome time to go, but I would have a back-up plan and be ready to split in case it gets more crowded than you like as the day goes on.

We were also there on 8/24 for EE and we did all of the Fantasyland attractions before 9:00 easily. And by "all" I mean (in order): Dumbo, Pooh, Snow White, Peter Pan, Small World, Carousel, Tea Cups. We wandered over to Tomorrowland next and did the TTA, Buzz (twice) and got to BTMRR and Splash easily before 10 a.m.

We also didn't stick around all day, but that was the plan. We caught a quick bit at McDonald's and were at the AK by 1:00 for the last day of FOTLK, before its long rehab.

Incidentally, AK was also incredibly manageable. Safaris was a walk on, and Kali (on a VERY hot/humid day) was only 22 minutes around 3 p.m.

You shouldn't have too much to worry about :D

Jon

I wonder if it will be different for the fall?? We will be there in November/December so maybe crowds will have fallen off. Actually, we will be there Sunday after Thanksgiving, so maybe not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter