Anyone bought military base tickets?

Carrie Ellis

DIS Veteran
So, I had my husband call the base and price the 8 day base tickets price and it is $424.00.

I went to Shades of Green's website and to the pdf of prices. The price of a 8 day base ticket on their site is $417.

Than I proceeded to email SOG and asked if their prices were up to date and if we could order them now. I thought I had read that you could only order them from SOG 6 months out. I also let them know when we were going and the length of the ticket we were looking at.

I received an email back pretty quickly letting me know that their prices were up to date, the price to mail them to us is $10 (fedex), non refundable if lost, and recommended me not purchase them this early.

So I wrote this back to them:
Besides the tickets having an expiration date (I am assuming these will be 12/31/19) and the likelihood the longer you have them at home the more chances you could lose them, is there any other reason not to order them early? I just wanted to make sure.

My understanding with Disney Tickets is if you should not be able to go, you will need to pay the difference in the price increase for when you do go.

This was their reply:
The Salute tickets expire December 19, 2019 not on December 31st. Other than those reasons no, its up to you. If you are wanting to do the pay difference that would be done through Disney we would not be able to do it here. You would be paying tax and what ever it is they are charging for tickets at that time.

So my question is, do the base military tickets not have an expiration date? Because I never asked about the salute tickets, we need longer dated tickets this time.

I was planning on buying maybe just 3 right now and our other 3 the closer we get. The prices are good so I wanted to lock into prices before they go up. The prices at SOG are about $7/ticket cheaper although fedexing will take up some of that savings. Although, I do believe we had to pay to have our tickets fedex when we bought at the base last time. That might not be much of a difference.

Any recommendations or thoughts on this?
Thank you!
Carrie

No, Military base tickets do not have the same perimeters as other tickets. They do not have the use within X day of first use clause, such as must use last day within 14 days of first use, meaning, you can spread the days out over the whole time up until the expire. Such as if you buy the 8 day ticket, you can use a few days in one month, a few days another time, and so on.

Once you purchase the ticket, there is no upcharge if Disney increases their prices. Another perk of the military ticket, once you pay, that's it, that's the price until they expire. If you are not able to go, that's another situtation, there *may be some sort of acception to pay the new cost, or they could possibly fall into a use or lose situation.

Our MWR, also charges a fee for sending the tickets, so that's a normal process of buying the tickets, unless you are close enough to an MWR, that's the route you have to take.

I am surprised they said they don't expire until Dec 31st this yea, Dec 19/20th has been a very consistant date for the last several years that they expire by. BUT, then again I haven't purchased any yet this year, so it very well may be 100% accurate and I just didn't know about that yet

Our base ITT office has all their info online.

Google “MacDill ITT Price List” and you can see the prices and it clearly says Salute tickets expires Dec 19th.

The non-resident, non-military specific ticket says expires 14 days after first use without any other specifics.

The Florida resident says expires 6 months after first use. First use must occur on or before Dec 31st.

Last edited:
There is no 8 day salute ticket. Max on those is 5 days.

If you don't need activated salute tix, just buy them on base. SOG is only a better option when buying the Salute tickets.

This was their reply:
The Salute tickets expire December 19, 2019 not on December 31st. Other than those reasons no, its up to you. If you are wanting to do the pay difference that would be done through Disney we would not be able to do it here. You would be paying tax and what ever it is they are charging for tickets at that time.

So my question is, do the base military tickets not have an expiration date? Because I never asked about the salute tickets, we need longer dated tickets this time.
I think base tickets would also have an expiration date. What that date is, I'd clarify with them give a call back or call the military base where you were also pricing, depending who you want to buy from. I haven't used those, so not clear what the expiration date may be. Maybe they mentioned 19 Dec because they assumed with the word military used with tickets meant the Military Promotional Salute tickets was in question, who knows, but yes those will have the expiration of 19 Dec, and those are up to 5 day with or without park hopper. Anyway, I'm sure you'll get a clear answer prior to making that purchase.

So, I had my husband call the base and price the 8 day base tickets price and it is $424.00.

I went to Shades of Green's website and to the pdf of prices. The price of a 8 day base ticket on their site is $417.

Than I proceeded to email SOG and asked if their prices were up to date and if we could order them now. I thought I had read that you could only order them from SOG 6 months out. I also let them know when we were going and the length of the ticket we were looking at.

I received an email back pretty quickly letting me know that their prices were up to date, the price to mail them to us is $10 (fedex), non refundable if lost, and recommended me not purchase them this early.

So I wrote this back to them:
Besides the tickets having an expiration date (I am assuming these will be 12/31/19) and the likelihood the longer you have them at home the more chances you could lose them, is there any other reason not to order them early? I just wanted to make sure.

My understanding with Disney Tickets is if you should not be able to go, you will need to pay the difference in the price increase for when you do go.

This was their reply:

I was planning on buying maybe just 3 right now and our other 3 the closer we get. The prices are good so I wanted to lock into prices before they go up. The prices at SOG are about $7/ticket cheaper although fedexing will take up some of that savings. Although, I do believe we had to pay to have our tickets fedex when we bought at the base last time. That might not be much of a difference.

Any recommendations or thoughts on this?
Thank you!
Carrie
What tickets are you buying??? There are like 3 types. I will say that one type I purchased in October for later use does not expire until 2030.

*****Edited to add that these sets of tickets were bought right after the new pricing went into effect. I was told I
was given the old ticket media. It says clear as day valid until 2030! I’m saving those ones forever :rotfl:

Hello guys!

We have used the salute tickets before and I know there is an expiration on those (December 19th).

What I was wondering about is just regular military priced tickets.
I asked about an 8 day base ticket (no hopping no waterparks). Also, we do not live in FL so not a Florida one either.
I was wondering if there was a date on these?

When I asked the SOG person in the email she never answered the question about the date on the 8 day ticket just the salute tickets (which I was not asking about). She also warned me not to buy them too early which I was also trying to figure out why on that too?

I was wondering if anyone had bought a military priced tickets this year and what the date was on them (if any)!!

I am surprised they said they don't expire until Dec 31st this yea, Dec 19/20th has been a very consistant date for the last several years that they expire by.

Shanna they still expire on the 19th, I had put 31st in my email to SOG because I was not asking about the Salute tickets but she came back saying stuff about Salute tickets!

Such as if you buy the 8 day ticket, you can use a few days in one month, a few days another time, and so on.

So there is a chance these could be like the no expiration old Disney Tickets?

Thank you everyone! I will just call today and report back to you.

Hello guys!

We have used the salute tickets before and I know there is an expiration on those (December 19th).

What I was wondering about is just regular military priced tickets.
I asked about an 8 day base ticket (no hopping no waterparks). Also, we do not live in FL so not a Florida one either.
I was wondering if there was a date on these?

When I asked the SOG person in the email she never answered the question about the date on the 8 day ticket just the salute tickets (which I was not asking about). She also warned me not to buy them too early which I was also trying to figure out why on that too?

I was wondering if anyone had bought a military priced tickets this year and what the date was on them (if any)!!

Shanna they still expire on the 19th, I had put 31st in my email to SOG because I was not asking about the Salute tickets but she came back saying stuff about Salute tickets!

Your not getting the answer you want from SoG or here because you are saying “regular military tickets” when there isn’t such a thing. Try asking about the 8-day “Magic Your Way” tickets. Essentially, that is what you are buying with a military discounted price.

Doubtful. Unless you are buying from a base that has a lot of old stock of tickets. I know one of my other duty stations had previous year stock and sold them st the previous years price until they sold out of that stock and started the new stock.

Since you are in GA, taking a random guess you are calling Fort Campbell. (I was stationed at Moody years ago). https://campbell.armymwr.com/application/files/9715/4940/2057/FC-LTS-Pricelist-05Feb19.pdf They only list up to 7-day tickets but based on your listed price and the price increments looks right on point. They also say they may need to to a month to order tickets. I would assume that is true for the 8-day tickets as they are probably less requested.

Funny Campbell’s prices are higher MacDill price list. https://www.macdillfss.com/images/AllImages/pdfs/ITT/ITT_Price-List_14Feb19.pdf

Last edited:
Your not getting the answer you want from SoG or here because you are saying “regular military tickets” when there isn’t such a thing. Try asking about the 8-day “Magic Your Way” tickets. Essentially, that is what you are buying with a military discounted price.

Sorry! I was trying to be clear but I was thinking they were no longer called Magic Your Way. They are not asking for the date of our vacation so they obviously can not be the newer tickets priced based on when you go.

4kids4karen....I was thinking they might be old stock. That is why I wanted to go ahead and buy them. The SOG lady concerned me when she advised me to buy them this early though. But...I am thinking she might have been thinking about the Salute tickets. I was clear in my email that I was asking about an 8 day ticket (and as everyone know they do not exist for Salute tickets)

I read the thread with Undercover Tourist and the date etc... So I am trying to do my due diligence and get all the information I can before just buying...just in case!

I've purchased Magic Your Way tickets from the ITT office at my local base a couple of times before. I've also bought them from SOG face-to-face. My local ITT office had a price hike, so it was cheaper to get the same tickets from Undercover Tourist for our trip in 2018.

One thing that i've noticed is that different ITT offices will have different prices for WDW tickets.

If you talk to SOG again, tell them you are interested in the Magic Your Way tickets, not the Military Salute.

Carrie, you must ask for the MYW tickets! Those are the exact ones I have. There are 3 types of Military tickets that can be purchased from shades. They always assume everyone wants the Salute tickets. I would post the price list but I am not sure if it would be allowed.... Go to your in box ,I’ll pm you to see if these are what you want!

Can you buy the SOG tickets in the mail? My husband is a vet but we are not close to any bases?

SoG is a MWR hotel on Disney property. If eligible to purchase their tickets, they will
Mail for an additional fee.

Be aware, being “a vet” doesn’t mean he qualifies for the tickets mentioned in the previous posts. Does he hold any form of military ID (non-expired)?

Shades of Green website: https://www.shadesofgreen.org/

I had to edit my post as when I first replied I read mail as mall.

Last edited:
We bought MYW 7 day hoppers with the plus option last year at our local base ITT (Camp Pendleton ). I still have the plastic cards and am looking at the back now and it has NO expiration date listed, but it does have the purchase date stamped on it. I believe when we loaded the tickets into MDE, they did list an expiration date of 12/31/2019. These were purchased in April 2018 for a trip in July 2018.

Hope this helps.

Yeah well in 2003 he was protecting our rights as Americans so he is NOT just a vet! Thank You!

I don’t believe the PP intended any disrespect. There is no discount for “veteran” status; the military discounts are for those on active duty or officially retired. I appreciate your DH’s service to our country.

Yeah well in 2003 he was protecting our rights as Americans so he is NOT just a vet! Thank You!

That comment had nothing to do with your husband's service to our country. You mentioned he was vet and that he had no military ID. Your question was simply being answered in reference to military tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts