Anyone buy goggles yet?

Home depot eye protection $5, several choices and provide very good coverage.

Face shields are even cheaper on Amazon (<$3), and any of them should work fine.

This isn't new and I doubt mandates are coming. You don't shed the virus on to others out of your eyeballs. You can only catch it that way. Face shields and goggles have been mentioned a few times over the last few months as it is not "new news" that it can come in through your eyes, like any virus.

I wore eye protection for my recent mammogram. I looked like I was scuba diving afterward but it did the job.

You shouldn't need it in most situations - definitely a good idea for healthcare workers.

If it comes down to it I bought some swim goggles a couple years ago that approximate my prescription lenses (they weren't manufactured to exact but you pick the closest numbers) and I love them. Now, I wouldn't drive in them or wear them for extended periods, but they'd work in short bursts.

This isn't new and I doubt mandates are coming. You don't shed the virus on to others out of your eyeballs. You can only catch it that way. Face shields and goggles have been mentioned a few times over the last few months as it is not "new news" that it can come in through your eyes, like any virus.
Wednesday was the first time Dr. Fauci mentioned it.

Wednesday was the first time Dr. Fauci mentioned it.

And Staples has been selling face shields in their return-to-work-safely department for weeks. Again, the eye thing isn't new information unless you haven't been reading or watching. Anyone at risk of getting it that way, primarily healthcare workers, have been wearing shields or goggles from the beginning. Informally, I've read on different forums where people who feel especially compromised have been wearing goggles out when they must shop.

That Dr. Fauci just said it for all to hear doesn't change the fact that it's been discussed well before Wednesday.

Heck even CM's have been wearing face shields since they reopened...and it isn't for the high fashion reason.

My dermatologist was wearing eye protection for my annual check last Monday...

My dentist and hygienist have worn a face shield at every appointment for the last 15 years I've used them...

In other breaking news...water is wet! You might need a towel!

Geesh I brought this up many weeks ago. Fauci just decided it might be a good idea?😏

Last edited:
My DH has been wearing goggles, since March. The doctor that advises his company's health insurance recommended them in the same letter they recommended wearing a mask. His employer told all employees they were expected to wear masks at all times & management at a minimum were expected to also wear goggles, when they were around other people.

In other breaking news...water is wet! You might need a towel!
Nah. I mean, do you know anyone she never tried off eventually after getting wet? :rotfl2:
Geese I brought this up many weeks ago. Fauci just decided it might be a good idea?😏
No. Why do you feel he just decided this? Or anything to do with infectious diseases? I'm shocked that people think a physician with decades of experience just suddenly determines anything, or knows less than the untrained general population :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter