Anyone Christmas shopping yet... continued...

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
So a while back I ask if anyone else has started Christmas shopping. I was glad that I wasn't the only one who starts early.

So I have been doing some shopping here and there. My Christmas box is starting to fill up, as well as my the garment bag I use to hide clothing items, and shoes.

I hit up Wal-mart a week or so ago during back to school for crayons, pencils, pens, folders, and paper. Some for my DGS, and family stockings, and some stuff of the stuff to stock up my office.

I went to Ross and Marshall with my mom 2 weeks ago, I picked up some Disney marvel PJ's 4pc set(short sleeve and shorts), and 2 nice button down Polo shirts, and 1 pair of Polo shorts for my DGS, all of that for under 20.00 bucks. I also pick up a large blue melamine tray with a mosaic design for 4.00, a glass bowl with a very subtle blue in the glass, I am going to use for my table during the holiday 4.00. So I got quite a bit for under 30.00 dollars.

I have made 2 trips to Penny's in the last 2 weeks.
***First trip, I was just looking around and drapes/ curtain/ sheers, trying to figure out what I wanted for the upstairs loft and DH and I's bedroom and ended up buying 3 shirts off the clearance rack for a couple of up coming trips, 16.00 for all three. 1 quarter length sleeve, 1 Liz Claiborne long sleeve tunic it's so soft, and 1 light weight nice kinda sweater shirt with the funky layered bell sleeves at the wrist. We travel to destination that are cooler/cold these piece's will be a great addition to my travel wardrobe.
***Then yesterday I went to spend my bonus and other rewards. I had 50.00 to spend. Of course I headed to the kids department, I picked up a short sleeve up button up with robots on it, it's so cute and a 4 pc long sleeve and long pants Star Wars PJ's for DGS. I picked up a Izod T-shirt for DH, and I went through all the swim wear which was a complete mess, but it was worth it. I found a really cute Tankini top and bottoms they were both Liz Claiborne... after my 50.00 bonus and rewards, plus 15% off coupon, Out of pocket 13.00 so not bad at all.

I have started my Christmas list for the big items, or ideas that I have. I am heading over to see my mom and spend some time with her and do some shopping.

Nope. Get back to me about December 15th, when the sales start and merchants start to panic about buying too much inventory.
With Amazon Prime, it will be on my door step at least a week before Christmas.

Our meijer has clearance tables set up. They had Star Wars lego sets 25% off. Not a huge discount but not bad for lego. They had duplo sets for 50% off. I'm going to go back today and see if they still have the batman set for $15

I have picked up some little things (more like stocking stuffer type things) since the last thread, and also some books for the little one's in our family (nephews). It has been on my mind more though so I'm watching more for sales and such.

Does anyone reading this thread recall the good Kohl's sale in the fall.. I can't remember if it was Columbus day or some other holiday weekend, but I remember placing multiple orders of $25 and getting discounts and free shipping and stuff. I just wish I could remember when it was - I really stocked up on Christmas shopping during that sale.

I have picked up some little things (more like stocking stuffer type things) since the last thread, and also some books for the little one's in our family (nephews). It has been on my mind more though so I'm watching more for sales and such.

Does anyone reading this thread recall the good Kohl's sale in the fall.. I can't remember if it was Columbus day or some other holiday weekend, but I remember placing multiple orders of $25 and getting discounts and free shipping and stuff. I just wish I could remember when it was - I really stocked up on Christmas shopping during that sale.

Veterans Day!

Veterans Day!

YES! Thank you!! I didn't think Columbus day seemed right (it seemed too early) but I could not remember what else it could be. Going to write this down now and hope they repeat it :)

I went back to Meijer and bought the duplo lego set. My grandson loves batman so I think it will be a hit. Our Meijer doesn't get a ton of traffic so I was hoping it would still be there and it was.

Veterans Day!

Yes, that Kohl's sale is usually when I get started...I have ideas for gifts, but I won't be "pulling the trigger" til it gets closer to November - I have a bathroom that just finished install and 100s of little things that I put off buying until that was done...so I'll need til November to have any "extra" money for gifting...

We’re going to be at Disney the week before Christmas, so I have to begin shopping pretty soon!

Nope. Honestly, I am about to just say bah humbug and not buy any gifts this year (except for a couple of really REALLY important people). I am just done with it. Tired of spending time and money and being treated like it isn't enough (I live on a strict budget so I can't go crazy like I used to).

I've lucked out & picked up a few long sleeve Stranger Things shirts at Target in May or so for $5-6 each for my younger brother in law & some sweet Star Wars full size sheets that were originally at Target for $5.99 at Bargain Hunt for the other brother in law. Also been buying some goodies (a few random things like rattle, bib from the Disney collection at Target) for my first niece that's being born in January. Proud of getting a little ahead!

If you think shopping this early is bad, that's nothing. Because I wanted to see what DD's haul looked like all decked out (it helps me stop shopping) and because she is showing signs of trying to snoop, I actually wrapped most of DDs gifts last weekend. :santa:

On the present shopping front, I decided on gifts for my 2 nephew (21 and 18) - they are each getting a "fun" pair of socks with a $100 bill hidden inside. The socks have been ordered and 1 pair has arrived already, I am just waiting for the other to come. Easy to pack (we travel for Christmas), easy to wrap, a bit of silliness, and sure to please. I'm happy all around with my choice!

For DD18, I'm mostly working on picking up stocking stuffers at this point since I already have a fair number of her under the tree gifts, and the rest I'm going to wait until closer to Christmas to get because she'll change her mind on what she wants between now and then. Stocking purchases in the last couple of weeks include a cute pair of socks I found while I was looking at websites for the nephews, and a wireless mouse using last week's T-Mobile Tuesday Google Express 25% coupon because her current one is acting quirky.

I am getting a pretty large Visa prepaid card as a rebate on tires I bought this past weekend. Once I get that, I'm going to use it to buy some gift cards for the kids of some family friends. I have just one other older couple to still figure out in the non-family gift arena, and I'll probably just get them something food related. I'm eyeing some locally made jams, but I may just fall back on See's candy again - because who doesn't like See's????

Last edited:
If you think shopping this early is bad, that's nothing. Because I wanted to see what DD's haul looked like all decked out (it helps me stop shopping) and because she is showing signs of trying to snoop, I actually wrapped most of DDs gifts last weekend. :santa:

On the present shopping front, I decided on gifts for my 2 nephew (21 and 18) - they are each getting a "fun" pair of socks with a $100 bill hidden inside. The socks have been ordered and 1 pair has arrived already, I am just waiting for the other to come. Easy to pack (we travel for Christmas), easy to wrap, a bit of silliness, and sure to please. I'm happy all around with my choice!

For DD18, I'm mostly working on picking up stocking stuffers at this point since I already have a fair number of her under the tree gifts, and the rest I'm going to wait until closer to Christmas to get because she'll change her mind on what she wants between now and then. Stocking purchases in the last couple of weeks include a cute pair of socks I found while I was looking at websites for the nephews, and a wireless mouse using last week's T-Mobile Tuesday Google Express 25% coupon because her current one is acting quirky.

I am getting a pretty large Visa prepaid card as a rebate on tires I bought this past weekend. Once I get that, I'm going to use it to buy some gift cards for the kids of some family friends. I have just one other older couple to still figure out in the non-family gift arena, and I'll probably just get them something food related. I'm eyeing some locally made jams, but I may just fall back on See's candy again - because who doesn't like See's????

I took am looking at some jelly, jams, preserve, chutney, pecan, and peanuts, even salsa and hot sauces, I can't name all the items. I use Adcock Pecans out of Tifton GA. Normally I just stop by there when I am going to see my friend in North Georgia, or heading into the mountain. But they do have a online order availability. I love their products they have large assortment of different flavors like pink grapefruit or tangerine jelly, or cranberry jam... Its all seasonally so thing switch out. I plan on making a few basket to use as gift for DH office girls, and a couple of other friends, and I like to keep something on hand as a hostess gift.

I just started this week. I always do a search around this time to see what they are prediciting to be the "hot" Christmas toys. I got my DDs those Fingerlings this time last year for $14.99 and by Christmas they were selling for over $100. :)

I have a couple things for DD10 that I picked up from toys r us on sale for her American girl dolls when they were closing. I also bought a charm last week at WDW for her bracelet but that’s it so far. Once I get thru back to school shopping done then I’ll start more little by little

Nope - I've spent my summer gathering everything my daughter needs for her first dorm room at college.

Next will be the birthday gifts for 3 people in my family - husband, daughter, son. This year it's down to 5 gifts each. Last year was 8 gifts each. I've been slowly dropping the number every year. My husband will probably complain though - he likes lots of gifts but we just can't afford to keep that up.

Not yet but I really hope I do start earlier this year.
I asked dd what does she want this year
She mentioned
-game of humanity. I think that's what its called
-and another game

I want to add some fun $$ gift ideas. Every college kids favorite gift-lol! Plus some gift cards so when she goes back to school after Christmas break

We have a stock pile in our closet. Got several lego sets for DS and a cheap guitar for DD when Toys R Us were closing. Thinking DS is getting a Nintendo Switch, a few stocking stuffers, and he will be done. DD is going to get a TV and Roku stick for her room I think. We have always said no to tvs in the bedroom, but she will be almost 14 at that point.

always take care when purchasing edible gifts, esp. for older friends and family, that contain grapefruit products-if they are taking statins (commonly for high cholesterol) it can lead to toxic side effects.

Thanks for the reminder. My mom takes a lot of med's, so I do try to always take that into consideration. Also at Adcock they have sugar-free jelly, and its really tasty. My brother is diabetic and this is something that he can enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts