Anyone Christmas shopping yet... continued...

I seem to have pretty much stalled out after a whirlwind of buying on Black Friday (all online) and Cyber Monday. My dd9 danced in her first professional production of the Nutcracker this year, so the week after Thanksgiving and leading up to this past weekend was a blur of work, hair, makeup, costumes and driving all over the city. Whew. I'm wiped out and she still has 2 performances of Into the Woods Jr this weekend. Oh the things we do for our children!!

It's been so crazy, I still haven't decorated the tree or put out any decorations yet! We will do that this weekend. I have this Friday and next Monday off (husband and kids at work/school!) So I hope to knock out the majority of what I have left and then get to wrapping. I thought I was being smart and taking off a lot of time in Dec, but that all got sucked up by Mom duties. Ah well... maybe next year!

My shopping is done, and all the wrapping that can be done now is done (we travel and I wait to wrap those gifts when we get there).

But I've been busy with work and getting ready for my sister's Vegas wedding on Dec. 27th (DD18 bridesmaid dress alterations, getting the makeup my sister wants for DD, hemming my own dress, etc.) so a few things like sending Christmas cards likely won't get done this year. But it looks like I'm not the only person doing that this year - I haven't received many yet either LOL

I need to start packing this weekend, but Saturday is already booked up with other chores/errands. And Sunday I need to do a bunch of baking for work gifts. I guess I'll just have to fit it in while the cookies are in the oven!

Well my phone was dying (slider phone) and DS would be getting a smart phone in August when he goes to college. I remembered when DD went to college in August there were not any phone deals. We provide a 12.99/month cheap phone for the kids anything more they pay the upgrade.
Anywho to even out Xmas presents we needed to buy DS around $200 more (he has 5 gifts so far, plus 2 pairs clearance PJ bottoms). So it was buy one get one free, I went ahead and offered DD the one I was purchasing for me, I'll take her 2 year old phone and DS gets the free one. She was amazed and thrilled. We switched our account to business (we could) and went with their home phone offer and their internet offer (finally getting some high speed in our rural area), for this DS was thrilled! So the bill moves not too much.

DS will not have to pay for upgrade phone package for 7 months, his present.

Viola kids done.

And my phone finished dying while in the store, boo I lost all my contacts. The screen is black.

UPDATE: Started my Christmas shopping December 11th, 4 days earlier than normal. I went with the free shipping on my Amazon orders, and I had everything the next day. But everything I ordered must have been in the warehouse here. Finished up Friday, December 14th.

With 8 shopping days left, I have:

1 thing here for DS18, 2 ordered that may or may not make it (small things)
1 thing here for DS15, 1 that will be here by Wednesday (small thing)
1 thing here, wrapped and under the tree for DH
Nothing for MIL or FIL and no idea what to get. We don't exchange gifts with DH's siblings.

The things that are here are their "big" gifts, the important ones that took most of the budget we set. Neither of them asked for many things this year either. I'm not stressing (yet), it will get done. We still need to get the stocking stuffers, but that isn't a big deal. I'm off work after Wednesday until the 4th of January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter