Anyone Christmas shopping yet... continued...

Love these threads. I always get so many great ideas.

Since the last thread I've gotten a lot more. DS is basically done at this point. After reading through here I think I'm going to get him a small set of Duplos since hes getting a Lego storage brick anyways.

I just got back from Orlando and went to the Disney Character Warehouse down there. I got DS's godmother a Belle Teapot, an Ufuffy and tsum tsum each for my goddaughter and her sister, and an Aristocats drinking cup for my niece that loves Marie. I had some Kohl's cash recently too so I got my nieces each a Disney Toy and the older one a Minnie Mouse bath fishing toy. I'm done for all of them for Christmas now except I need a toy for my goddaughter.

Goddaughter has a Christmastime birthday so I need to get her something for that as well. She's just started Kindergarten and is very proud of it so I nabbed some cool Disney school supplies to throw in since I figure by Christmas she'll have lost or worn out some things, but I want to get her one toy at least to go in there too.

I just have my godson, his sister, and godson's January birthday to think about now kids wise. Usually their mom makes a wish list for them at Target and I just ask for the link. I love knowing i'm getting them what they actually want! I have my cousin and her wife to be, but I'll likely get that during my Orlando trip in December so I can get them something Harry Potter themed. A friend or two, my mom and chocolates for Grandma, and that's it! DH and I will figure ourselves out last, probably closer to Black Friday.

Thanks for the encouragement! I have a feeling I also won't want to see those clothes again. ;-)

I think I'll hit up the after-season clearance right now to pick up shorts and shirts (although he already has a lot of the "dry-fit" style shirts in his closet so that's less urgent). We also went to REI over the weekend and tried out some sleeping pads and got some great advice from the folks working there. Apparently they have a gift registry so that may be a good approach for getting family members to chip in as well. I loved how low-pressure the guys were there. They were excited to talk about Philmont. I'm sure a bunch of gear will come from there, but it also gives me perspective as I look around for good prices (maybe Black Friday there or other stores?).

Join their "club." You will get info about their "garage sale." You also get a %age of your purchases back as a reward.

Was this a pretty generous size? Hubby is a big guy and he’d think this is funny. I’d like to get it unless it’s on the small side.

Someone uploaded a picture on the Amazon reviews of them "wearing" it at work - maybe looking at that could give you an idea of whether or not it is big enough?

ETA: There's also now a picture of a reportedly 6'4" 400lb man wearing the related Chewbacca one :)

I knew we wanted to get my 6yo a new bike. He is very tall for his age so he grew out of his first bike which was a really nice one. I saw someone selling a like new Trek bike for $75 on my local facebook swap and grabbed it to give to my son for Xmas. It's a $250 bike. Luckily, he's still young enough that it being used won't be a big deal and he will be thrilled when he sees it!

So a while back I ask if anyone else has started Christmas shopping. I was glad that I wasn't the only one who starts early.

So I have been doing some shopping here and there. My Christmas box is starting to fill up, as well as my the garment bag I use to hide clothing items, and shoes.

I hit up Wal-mart a week or so ago during back to school for crayons, pencils, pens, folders, and paper. Some for my DGS, and family stockings, and some stuff of the stuff to stock up my office.

I went to Ross and Marshall with my mom 2 weeks ago, I picked up some Disney marvel PJ's 4pc set(short sleeve and shorts), and 2 nice button down Polo shirts, and 1 pair of Polo shorts for my DGS, all of that for under 20.00 bucks. I also pick up a large blue melamine tray with a mosaic design for 4.00, a glass bowl with a very subtle blue in the glass, I am going to use for my table during the holiday 4.00. So I got quite a bit for under 30.00 dollars.

I have made 2 trips to Penny's in the last 2 weeks.
***First trip, I was just looking around and drapes/ curtain/ sheers, trying to figure out what I wanted for the upstairs loft and DH and I's bedroom and ended up buying 3 shirts off the clearance rack for a couple of up coming trips, 16.00 for all three. 1 quarter length sleeve, 1 Liz Claiborne long sleeve tunic it's so soft, and 1 light weight nice kinda sweater shirt with the funky layered bell sleeves at the wrist. We travel to destination that are cooler/cold these piece's will be a great addition to my travel wardrobe.
***Then yesterday I went to spend my bonus and other rewards. I had 50.00 to spend. Of course I headed to the kids department, I picked up a short sleeve up button up with robots on it, it's so cute and a 4 pc long sleeve and long pants Star Wars PJ's for DGS. I picked up a Izod T-shirt for DH, and I went through all the swim wear which was a complete mess, but it was worth it. I found a really cute Tankini top and bottoms they were both Liz Claiborne... after my 50.00 bonus and rewards, plus 15% off coupon, Out of pocket 13.00 so not bad at all.

I have started my Christmas list for the big items, or ideas that I have. I am heading over to see my mom and spend some time with her and do some shopping.

I always get done early - I have the hustle and bustle.

My husband and I are spending a week at Disney in January - that is our gift to each other.

For our girls, we rented a lake house next summer in New Hampshire for everyone.

For our oldest daughter and her family, we paid for 4 round trip tickets for them to visit over February vacation.

For our oldest granddaughter, money.

For our youngest granddaughter, barbie dolls and clothes.

For our grandson, a few things he can build.

I am done!

I haven't started shopping yet, but I do have a list for my DD. It's her 2nd year in college and she lives on campus. She's full time student in an accelated program so we told her just focus on school no job. Her bday is a few weeks before Christmas so I plan on giving her cash for both. Sending her a bday package with a few lil things. Christmas will be cash, gift cards, game of humanity, meme game and whatever else she has on her list.

I need to know if any stores have giftcard deals. I don't want to do any of those online discount websites just legit online/instore gift cards. Usually we get her one big items ticket. I will see dd nextweek so I'll see if she added anything else to her list.

Will be looking for deals on
-chick-a-fila
-del taco
-dominos pizza
-Dunkin doughnuts
-wing stop or buffalo wings (can't remember which one is by her school)
-yogurt place

and a few stores

if any of those places you're looking at for gift cards are ON CAMPUS check to see if they will accept gift cards- in some cases the locations on campus won't (it's an ownership thing-it's like the starbucks inside grocery stores that won't let you use starbucks cards). if you belong to costco they might have some discounted ones for a couple of the national chains.

the only thing i've gotten since originally posting is for ds to give to dd. it's one of those costume/pajama adult onesies from walmart. i never thought my 20 something kids would want these but we ran into dd at walmart one day and she smitten with one in particular but it wasn't in her budget so i snagged it after she left. i will say-ds got the jack skellington one and i was concerned it wouldn't hold up to the repeated laundering using it as pajamas would entail but to my happy surprise they are very good quality (i have to go back to walmart this week and i may look around for a couple more for gifts).

I haven't started shopping but I've been making a mental list for my kids.
I proposed a trip instead of Christmas presents, and kept proposing it for a month and they still aren't liking the idea so a traditional Christmas morning it will be.

My dd is away at school so I already told her that she wasn't going to be getting stuff to take back, other than little things from her stocking.
She's been wanting an upgrade for her phone so I may do that. We give her plenty of cash to cover her expenses for the semester, but I know she tries not to spend it on things like make-up, clothes, and things so she will end up with a bunch of GCs to stores she likes to shop at.
Maybe a small TV for her dorm room.

My one ds told me he wants a VR headset and a waterproof speaker.

My other ds is always the hardest to buy for. He'll probably request something for gaming, a new mouse, keyboard, or game but other than that he never has any wants. He'll probably end up with cash.

Dh and I will agree to no gifts but we will end up getting stuff for each other. I get him more practical stuff since he hates to shop, and I just tell him what I want and he has me buy it for myself so we are pretty easy :laughing:

We have our parents, and a grandparent to buy for too. Last year someone here mentioned Goldbely and that has been a gift giving life saver for me this past year. I will do that again for Christmas.

I will still push to go away, maybe if I nag them enough they will say yes to shut me up :scratchin

I'm plugging along on our Christmas shopping and making progress. We have 15 "main" people to buy for (this does not include myself, DH, or DD) of those 15, 5 are kids. DH's parents are divorced and remarried so we have six parents (including mine) that we shop for, his last living grandmother, and my sister and her husband. On DH's side we cut out buying for siblings but for whatever reason we continue to do so on my side. In addition to those gifts, we have 4 smaller things we buy - cleaning gal, my boss, my DD's teacher, and we get a small something for the mail person.

That said - I have no one completely finished :( But I do have 8 people started and I'll take that! All of the kids have at least one thing already, and I'm hoping to wrap them up with Kohl's Veteran's Day sale (if not before). So there is a plan. For DH's grandmother we will need to wait closer to Christmas to decide - for the last several years we have just bought a restaurant giftcard but she lost her husband earlier this year, and has had a rough year this year with her own health (is currently in rehab to regain strength after a bout of pneumonia) so we will just have to see what is appropriate closer to Christmas.

I always struggle with our parents. They were all full time working professionals, now all retired, and don't need for anything. If they want it, they get it when they want it, not wait for Christmas. Last year for both sets of inlaws we decided to gift an Experience, and bought gift certificates for a dinner train here in KY. I don't think either set have redeemed theirs so it sort of puts a damper on doing something like that again.

For DH's grandmother we will need to wait closer to Christmas to decide - for the last several years we have just bought a restaurant giftcard but she lost her husband earlier this year, and has had a rough year this year with her own health (is currently in rehab to regain strength after a bout of pneumonia) so we will just have to see what is appropriate closer to Christmas.

just want to put this out as a suggestion-when my mom's health was not doing well i too struggled with what to gift her for christmas until i went with her to a doctor's appointment and watched her DEVOUR reading the tabloid magazines in the waiting room. it struck me-for years she had done the same at the hairdressers-she would never buy them ('waste of money') but she would time her appointment arrival times to get in plenty of free reading:rotfl:so that was it-she got a subscription from me to the national enquirer and from db/dsil to people (though if she were still alive i would be giving her one to 'closer' b/c they always run articles about celebs from the golden age of movies/tv). if your grandma likes to read you might consider it.

Well it's official I just purchased my first Christmas present.
Vera Bradley online outlet is having an extra 30% off so I got my dd a large duffel and a weekender bag. She's been needing something bigger for her overnight and weekend trips and I was able to get both for $70. Not bad considering the regular price of each (which are definitely over priced already). I'm going to give her the duffel when she comes home in October because she'll be bringing her winter clothes back to school. I'll save the other one for Christmas.

I stopped in my Barnes and Noble the other day because they had 50% off signs in the window and got two build a robot kits for my nephews. I do one gift and a stocking with candy/bubble bath/crayons etc. so I am done with them until the stocking stuffer sections appear at the stores. If you have a store near you FYI it was lots of STEM items, basic baby toys, puzzles, some bags (skip hop & designer disney), and great stationary. My B&N is pretty big so some items may be more exclusive to them, but still worth the hunt. I was tempted to get a Beauty & the Beast handbag for myself, I forget the brand but it looks like a book on a chain.

I also got two nice Duplo sets. I have a bunch of toddler birthday parties this fall so I wish I could find more but I took the two they had. One is going to a birthday girl next weekend and the other I will keep for our little guy (I like toys that I am going to get a good 3-5 years out of). Target didn't have anything great but I got a cool toy for bath time that is a ferry boat that comes with two small cars and opens to hold them in the cargo (looks all plastic so should be safe for light water play). I also forgot I got one of those Mickey printed tents from the Target summer collection for 70% off so I will hold onto that until Xmas since I never opened it for my toddler to use outside.

Oddly enough I always get asked what I want so I may start updating a Pinterest board soon.

OP here,

Good Morning Everyone,

I have not really been doing very much over the last couple of weeks, but I am back in the game today. I am going out looking for stocking stuffer's.... that were I have the most problems filling and finding those things that can be used, and that my family will enjoy having... So I have a list of somethings that I wrote down while reading all the post... Thanks so much, I can't tell you all... how much info and great ideas that you all have. Awesome Sauce!!!!

Even though I haven't been shopping, I have been sewing I am making a few things to give as gifts, I am almost done with the microwave potato bags, I am making several for family and hostess gifts. As well I am working on holiday items for myself, table runners, napkins, and such.

I did go to target the other day to check out the toy clearance... they did not have anything that either was age appropriate, or what they like. But I will keep looking.

A month after my original reply, I am still not Christmas shopping, but honest to God I AM packing for my summer vacation.

Same here. I am vacation planning. New Years week in Michigan/Canada. NOLO MLK weekend. DD is trying to decide between a cruise or Disney for her 16th birthday that falls on her school break. We decided not to do a Sweet 16 party. Instead she will have her BFF come along with whatever she chooses. I have reserved a Disney hotel until she decides. Holding off on booking the cruise but I am looking at options. She also wants her own car (that she won’t have to share with her brother).

With teens, who know what “gifts” they will want in December. Whatever it is, it will be small. Each year we do smaller and smaller Christmas gifts. My kids, especially my oldest, say “mom, no filler gifts.” LoL. But like I have said in other posts, my kids get things all year around. Clothes are harder to buy for them as my choices are not theirs. They have all the electronics, etc.

Same here. I am vacation planning. New Years week in Michigan/Canada. NOLO MLK weekend. DD is trying to decide between a cruise or Disney for her 16th birthday that falls on her school break. We decided not to do a Sweet 16 party. Instead she will have her BFF come along with whatever she chooses. I have reserved a Disney hotel until she decides. Holding off on booking the cruise but I am looking at options. She also wants her own car (that she won’t have to share with her brother).

With teens, who know what “gifts” they will want in December. Whatever it is, it will be small. Each year we do smaller and smaller Christmas gifts. My kids, especially my oldest, say “mom, no filler gifts.” LoL. But like I have said in other posts, my kids get things all year around. Clothes are harder to buy for them as my choices are not theirs. They have all the electronics, etc.
I guess to be totally honest, I won't actually be at Disneyland until the first full day of Fall.

I haven't started shopping but I've been making a mental list for my kids.
I proposed a trip instead of Christmas presents, and kept proposing it for a month and they still aren't liking the idea so a traditional Christmas morning it will be.

My dd is away at school so I already told her that she wasn't going to be getting stuff to take back, other than little things from her stocking.
She's been wanting an upgrade for her phone so I may do that. We give her plenty of cash to cover her expenses for the semester, but I know she tries not to spend it on things like make-up, clothes, and things so she will end up with a bunch of GCs to stores she likes to shop at.
Maybe a small TV for her dorm room.

My one ds told me he wants a VR headset and a waterproof speaker.

My other ds is always the hardest to buy for. He'll probably request something for gaming, a new mouse, keyboard, or game but other than that he never has any wants. He'll probably end up with cash.

Dh and I will agree to no gifts but we will end up getting stuff for each other. I get him more practical stuff since he hates to shop, and I just tell him what I want and he has me buy it for myself so we are pretty easy :laughing:

We have our parents, and a grandparent to buy for too. Last year someone here mentioned Goldbely and that has been a gift giving life saver for me this past year. I will do that again for Christmas.

I will still push to go away, maybe if I nag them enough they will say yes to shut me up :scratchin
I don’t know what your budget is for the waterproof Bluetooth speakers but I got the Bose Soundlink Micro for my kids last year. They’re made to take a beating. My kids (22 and going on 13) LOVE them. The speakers practically live in the shower. I’ve found them well worth the price.
https://www.amazon.com/Bose-SoundLink-Micro-Bluetooth-speaker/dp/B0748NCPRR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!