anyone do Universal lately

abbyndrewmom

Mouseketeer
We just found out we are going to be able to squeeze in another trip in November!!! We are so excited as we have always wanted to go to the food and wine festival at Epcot. We have one day left on our passes along with some pluses. we were considering taking advantage of the great Cdn at par rate at Universal and spending a few days there and at Sea World. I'm wondering if anyone has been lately and what you thought. We do have young children (3 & 5) they are big Nickelodeon fans. I'm really interested in getting some other opinions.

Allison

We did Islands of Adventure with our 3 year old and baby in the spring. She had a blast...it was her second time there and we had to go back because of her.

Do your kids like Dr Seuss? If so, then Seussville will be a hit...and there are lots of opportunities to get pictures with all of the Suess characters.

Also a toontown, dinosaur area...

I would say that IOA is worth a day.

We haven't been there for a few years but will be there in a month's time for a few days before our Disney cruise sails. We are staying at the new Royal Pacific Resort at USF and plan to spend a full day at each of USF and IoA. (Got a great rate of US$99/night with the Entertainment card for RPR.) One of the advantages to staying onsite at USF is you get Front-of-the-Line access for most attractions during your stay (although I imagine at the end of September the crowds won't be too bad anyway).

Our kids are older than yours (13 & 11) but I'll be sure to post a trip report when we return.

- Mike

We were at Universal and IOA two weeks ago. We really enjoyed it, but my kids are 16 and 19. We didn't spend time in any of the areas geared for the younger crowd, but we loved the Cat in the Hat ride. We got the Canadian at par deal, and we managed to see everything we wanted to in both parks in two days. That leaves us with 1 day each for our next trip! The cast members were all very friendly. I would definitely go to Sea World. I haven't been since my kids were 3 and 5 (we just never seem to squeeze it in), but they had a great time in 1989! LOL!

Hi all! I'm thinking of Universal too next trip. What are the AT PAR ticket prices? Where did you buy your tickets? Can I buy them now and still use them in a couple years? THANKS S

Sandra,

the tickets are $116.00 for an adult and right around $100 for a child and yes that is at par for three days at IOA and Universal. Unused days do not expire but I am not sure if they have an activation date. I found them throught CAA.

Now if only they would hurry up and get the WDW and seaworld packages out I could really get planning.

Allison

I bought my passes from CAA in the spring. Mine didn't have an activation date, and like Disney's parkhoppers they are good for life. (Always check before you buy - you never know when the policy will change);)

We bought ours two years ago intending to use them for our (real) millenium trip in Dec 2000/Jan 2001. We all came down with the most virulent stomach flu I've ever encountered and we were forced to skip our USF visit. Ours were also obtained from CAA and have no expiry date. We will be using them next month.

- Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter