Anyone done Jeep & Beach Adventure (ST60) in St. Thomas?

Bsmitty

Mouseketeer
Since our daughter is 4, we have limited choices in Port adventures. Has anyone done the Jeep & Beach Adventure in St. Thomas? I don't think it goes to St. John at all. I'm wondering if this is a good choice, or is it a must to get over to St. John? We own vintage Land Cruisers & like that kind of thing, so a cool Jeep drive sounds fun. I'm just not sure that's taking advantage of spending our time on the right thing at this stop?

we have booked this and would like to know as well. Any info that anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. :flower1:

we have booked this and would like to know as well. Any info that anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. :flower1:
When are you guys going? I'd love an update when you're back. We're not going until NYE! Seems so far away still.

• Oh yes, we did this excursion on the Eastern in January this year. It was a lot of fun HOWEVER, it is not for everyone. The two guys who ran our tour, Ed and Chyna were super fun and personable. What some may not understand prior to booking this excursion is that if you are the driver, it is very active and often stressful! I am from Chicago, I drive in the city all of the time but this was nuts! We began by going into a small lot loaded with Jeeps. They were different colors and we got to choose one. Through small talk he found out we were from Chicago so he decided we could bring up the rear. Imagine a caravan of like 7 or 8 Jeeps all trying to stay together thru the town. We had to stay on each others bumpers while constantly receiving direction and at times, admonishment from Ed on the walkie talkie. "Keep it tight, hey blue jeep, speed up, DO NOT LET ANYONE IN!" We are going to stay together!!! I was with my 74 yr old mom and my two kids aged 17 and 19, they thought it was super fun and hysterical watching me freak out while I struggled to keep up in the caboose. AND I WAS DRIVING ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ROAD!! (never done that before). It got better once we got out of town, the roads were curvy but not as congested. The beach we went to on the grounds of the University was fine. Nothing too special but it was kinda private, clean and a great place to unwind for a while before heading back. We also stopped at a scenic overlook spot, a big tourist spot to buy souvenirs and take pics.
  • My family and I truly enjoyed this excursion, I would recommend it as long as you understand that it was not a Sunday afternoon drive. I may or may not have broken local traffic laws in my effort to not get separated from the group. Super fun but choose your driver carefully.

• Oh yes, we did this excursion on the Eastern in January this year. It was a lot of fun HOWEVER, it is not for everyone. The two guys who ran our tour, Ed and Chyna were super fun and personable. What some may not understand prior to booking this excursion is that if you are the driver, it is very active and often stressful! I am from Chicago, I drive in the city all of the time but this was nuts! We began by going into a small lot loaded with Jeeps. They were different colors and we got to choose one. Through small talk he found out we were from Chicago so he decided we could bring up the rear. Imagine a caravan of like 7 or 8 Jeeps all trying to stay together thru the town. We had to stay on each others bumpers while constantly receiving direction and at times, admonishment from Ed on the walkie talkie. "Keep it tight, hey blue jeep, speed up, DO NOT LET ANYONE IN!" We are going to stay together!!! I was with my 74 yr old mom and my two kids aged 17 and 19, they thought it was super fun and hysterical watching me freak out while I struggled to keep up in the caboose. AND I WAS DRIVING ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ROAD!! (never done that before). It got better once we got out of town, the roads were curvy but not as congested. The beach we went to on the grounds of the University was fine. Nothing too special but it was kinda private, clean and a great place to unwind for a while before heading back. We also stopped at a scenic overlook spot, a big tourist spot to buy souvenirs and take pics.
  • My family and I truly enjoyed this excursion, I would recommend it as long as you understand that it was not a Sunday afternoon drive. I may or may not have broken local traffic laws in my effort to not get separated from the group. Super fun but choose your driver carefully.

OMG, I'm so glad my husband will be driving lol. Glad to know it was fun!

Wow! Hadn't even considered this excursion. But now I am. Love the video. DH would love the drive. He loves crazy driving. We used to live in Germany and he loved driving through the alps on hairpin roads and through town on narrow old streets, not to mention the autobahn. We did the jeep adventure in Cozumel and he was so disappointed that I didn't even think about this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter