Anyone else stuck with Frontier internet?? What do you pay?

sksjasams

DIS Veteran
We were former Verizon customers that were sold to Frontier several years back. We live in a somewhat rural area with no other option for internet except satellite.

With Verizon we had internet for $20 for life. Frontier said they would honor that but have been gradually increasing rates over the last few years. Just last month it jumped another $6 to $34.99 for broadband lite.

I just spent an hour on the phone to see about upgrading to broadband max. He said it would be an increase of $3 to $37.99. Based on where we live the fastest speed we can get is 3mbps instead of the usual 6mbps for bb max.

I agreed to the $3 increase and after being on hold forever, he came back on the line to tell me that my broadband lite was actually going up again to $41.99 next month, so the extra $3 would put me to $44.99 for max.

I have seen quotes online for $44.99 for full 6 mbps broadband max but since we are only able to get 3mbps, that seems ridiculous. I can't believe that they are raising broadband lite to $41.99. He said that is the regular price and we have been receiving a migration discount up until now.

Anyway, if you have frontier broadband lite or max (not in a bundle), can you please tell me what you are paying? It is impossible to find the info online because the only online quotes are for new customers.

Thanks for your help!!

We pay $49.99/month for Frontier broadband. I think we will be calling to see if we can get it cheaper after reading what you pay!

I pay around 45-49 after taxes etc. rural area and know we don't get fastest.

this is scaring me:scared: slowly buy surely,we are all getting very used to wi-fi and plenty ofr it...and the companies are consolidating so that we as consumers are left with little choice but to pay the fees to keep it..... I expected it, but oh boy. That said, I HAD At&T for years, just last month switched (internet only) to Comcast- ATT just sold to Frontier also...so that leaves us with 2 whopping choices now..... ATT gave us 1.5 mbps for 32.00 per month:sad2: comcast gives us 25 mbps for 40.00.

Does anyone know whether or not Frontier's broadband max package is just simply their DSL?

my parents have it, they have frontier fios 50/50. they pay $44.99. It did take some 3-4 hours of painstaking time and $300(refunded later), but i guess its worth it now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter