Anyone Else Take a Handful in the Morning?

BethR

<font color=red>On Thread Killer Patrol<br><font c
Just got down taking my daily handful of pills. Actually there are 7. Here is what I take.

1 pill for my BP.
1 pill for my emotional health :teeth: .
400 mg of Vitamin E for cardiac health.
81 mg aspirin to help prevent heart attack.
500 mg of Vitamin C - good antioxident (fights against cancer).
50 mg of Co Q-10 - to help reduce cholestrol and circulatory system health.
1 multi-vitamin/mineral tablet with calcium and lutien - to help fight osteoperosis and macular degeneration - and everything else :teeth: .

Then I take a 400 mg Tums in the afternoon and evening for additional calcium.

I am also considering taking fiber pills to help fight cholestrol, but I don't want to become dependent on the fiber. :rolleyes: I have to ask around and see if that could happen.

Anyone else take vitamins and minerals or other dietary supplements to help ward off disease? And what do you take?

Count me in, but my handful is from my 7 y/o ADHD son! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I take 3 right now.....

1 multivitamin that has all the daily allowances that my doc wants me to make sure I have for now
1 Relafen (I think it's 500mg but that seems high) for my inflammation that still isn't under control from my carpel tunnel surgeries
1 Yasmin (birth control pill) very low estragen pill to control my monthly cycles - and yes, that IS what it's used for, if I didn't HAVE to be on it - I wouldn't.

I have a physical scheduled for the end of the month and there is ALOT I want to talk to my gynie about - especially now that my mom just recently passed away due to her breast cancer - now what for me???? That's what I want to know.

I just saw on the news this morning that they are now possibly considering aspirin to help prevent colon cancer from coming back in patients who have been diagnosed and cleared. They are not saying it can be used as a preventive but they are working on that one.

I take my handful at night:

Meds for depression/anxiety, B complex for nervous system, wild yam, saw palmetto, fennel, dong quai for wacky hormones, vitamin E for heart health. And once a week I do an injection of Avonex for MS - which requires swallowing some tylenol to help ward off side effects.

I feel like a junkie, but it's keeping me mobile and happy, so I do it. ;)

ah pills.. lots of pills and several injections daily.. its ok tho
they keep me going!

I have tried several otc mineral type additives/pills.. never had much luck. Altho I do still take my multi vits with alot of iron for severe anemia.

I only take an iron supplement. Otherwise I get very anemic. :)

In the morning -
1 pill for blood pressure
1 pill for estrogen
1 pill for progesterone
1 pill for blood sugar
1 pill for triglycerides
1 multi vitamin
1 B complex

Mid morning -
Insulin shot

Dinnertime -
1 aspirin before dinner
1 cholesterol pill after dinner

Mid evening -
Insulin shot

More insulin/day depending on blood sugar count which I have to stick my finger 4x/day

AND, if I'm sick (haha),
antibiotics
inhaler
cough medicine
painkillers (for migraines)

AND I'm only 50.

Well, that's life...

at the ripe old age of 45, I take a Vitamin E (400) a Vitamin C 1000 and 3 advils and a Ginsana. Not all at once, but it gets me going at 4:00am in the morning!;) :rolleyes:

ARe we listing what we do take or what we are SUPPOSE to take :)

As I read this thread.. I got to laughing because I was envisioning all of my older aunts and uncles sitting around the Holiday dinner table discussing their endless lists of pills.. later in the conversation would come the discussion of their various problems and bowel functions.... oh dear I hope we won't head in that direction.... LOL... j/k

;) ;) ;) ;) :p :p :p ;) ;) ;)

I take 2 Viactivs and if my dd gets me stressed out too much in the am, I take 2 advil migraines.:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter