Anyone else thinking of cancelling their fall room reservations because of Covid

We were going sept 7 to the 17th. Not to parks just to a couple dvc resorts. Because of the mess Florida has made of Covid cases we cancelled two weeks ago. We still have a trip in March 2021 planned and the transatlantic cruise in DCL next may from Florida to Barcelona. We hope to do both.
Fl didn't make a mess of the Covid cases, it was more a mess in the math when testing... positive v negative. People, not all from Fl, made the mess by not social distancing, etc.

We have an early Nov. at YC and still going, mask and all.

Spending big money (airfare, etc) to do Disney this fall is such a tough call. I live in Tampa, which has similar Covid numbers trending to Orlando (I think). Though I think Disney is doing as well a job as they can, What concerns me is how a decent portion of Floridians are handling Covid, ie local and nearby passholders and travelers. Masks below noses, not social distancing, etc.

We are Headed for a few days in September for a resort only trip. Staying at pop because more comfortable with set-up of outdoor hallways. I wish Disney would get more creative with setting up outdoor (tented, fanned) seating for Sit-down restaurants. We have seen that a lot here and I think it’s a great option for avoiding dining indoors..

Spending big money (airfare, etc) to do Disney this fall is such a tough call. I live in Tampa, which has similar Covid numbers trending to Orlando (I think). Though I think Disney is doing as well a job as they can, What concerns me is how a decent portion of Floridians are handling Covid, ie local and nearby passholders and travelers. Masks below noses, not social distancing, etc.

We are Headed for a few days in September for a resort only trip. Staying at pop because more comfortable with set-up of outdoor hallways. I wish Disney would get more creative with setting up outdoor (tented, fanned) seating for Sit-down restaurants. We have seen that a lot here and I think it’s a great option for avoiding dining indoors..

People are dropping their masks below their noses because they can't get fresh air without doing so.

I'm hearing more people speak out about the lack of oxygen, dizziness and fatigue related to wearing masks all the time outdoors in the heat.

Sooner than later, we need to be done with them. There isn't any proof suggesting they help, other than keeping you from coughing/sneezing all over others which common sense suggests covering your face when you do so.

Don't want to make this into a mask debate as that's been done to death already for months, but at some point we have to get back to normal. You cannot get upset with people for wanting to breath fresh air and dropping their mask 'below their nose'. You have no idea what that person is dealing with, so relax on that a bit and try to sympathize instead of going all 'mask police' on them.

People are dropping their masks below their noses because they can't get fresh air without doing so.

I'm hearing more people speak out about the lack of oxygen, dizziness and fatigue related to wearing masks all the time outdoors in the heat.

Sooner than later, we need to be done with them. There isn't any proof suggesting they help, other than keeping you from coughing/sneezing all over others which common sense suggests covering your face when you do so.

Don't want to make this into a mask debate as that's been done to death already for months, but at some point we have to get back to normal. You cannot get upset with people for wanting to breath fresh air and dropping their mask 'below their nose'. You have no idea what that person is dealing with, so relax on that a bit and try to sympathize instead of going all 'mask police' on them.
I’m sorry you took my comment as “mask policing”, judgemental, and lacking sympathy. That certainly wasn’t my intention and I don’t believe was my tone. My point is simply that Covid numbers in Florida are very high, and Disney has enacted a policy that they clearly believe will help curb spread and keep us all healthy, but it requires people to wear a mask correctly. I am way less concerned with the outdoors than I am in indoor spaces. I’m sorry you don’t believe masks work-we’ll have to agree to disagree there.

Last edited:
Masks DO WORK! Especially if everyone wears them. You protect others, they protect you....we've all seen the graphics with the spray.

Bottom line is, if you can't wear a mask due to whatever reason it is not the time to go to Disney. It's not. Stay home.
I hate that wearing masks has become a political issue. It is not. It is a public health crisis. Nothing less.

Medical personnel and other front line workers wear them for hours at a time. They are at work. Not on vacation. When you are on vacation it is a choice. If you choose to go on vacation and there are mask regulations you get to choose whether to go or not.

I hate wearing a mask. HATE IT. I wear it and plan to when I'm at Disney. I'm not going til fall and can't imagine in this heat and humidity how miserable that must be. I choose not to go in the summer because I know full well how uncomfortable it would be.

My prediction is we will be in masks most of 2021. Vaccines will become available. That will help stop the spread but it will take months. Sigh. What a time we live in.

Masks DO WORK! Especially if everyone wears them. You protect others, they protect you....we've all seen the graphics with the spray.

Bottom line is, if you can't wear a mask due to whatever reason it is not the time to go to Disney. It's not. Stay home.
I hate that wearing masks has become a political issue. It is not. It is a public health crisis. Nothing less.

Medical personnel and other front line workers wear them for hours at a time. They are at work. Not on vacation. When you are on vacation it is a choice. If you choose to go on vacation and there are mask regulations you get to choose whether to go or not.

I hate wearing a mask. HATE IT. I wear it and plan to when I'm at Disney. I'm not going til fall and can't imagine in this heat and humidity how miserable that must be. I choose not to go in the summer because I know full well how uncomfortable it would be.

My prediction is we will be in masks most of 2021. Vaccines will become available. That will help stop the spread but it will take months. Sigh. What a time we live in.

There will be a civil war if people think we are wearing masks through 2020, much less 2021.

A good friend of mine works in the medical field as a surgeon, he's told me everything I need to know about masks. I'll take his word for it. People have become emotionally dependent on them after biting the hook, its all psychological.

Its ok to disagree so....

I’m sorry you took my comment as “mask policing”, judgemental, and lacking sympathy. That certainly wasn’t my intention and I don’t believe was my tone. My point is simply that Covid numbers in Florida are very high, and Disney has enacted a policy that they clearly believe will help curb spread and keep us all healthy, but it requires people to wear a mask correctly. I am way less concerned with the outdoors than I am in indoor spaces. I’m sorry you don’t believe masks work-we’ll have to agree to disagree there.

No worries, we are good here ;)

The thing is...you agree to properly wear a mask, in the heat, when you go to WDW in the summer. I live an hour away, I know how hard it is to wear a mask in the heat/humidity. That is why I never go in the summer, also due to afternoon rain and hurricane season. People have been warned before they go. I have no intention of policing folks when I go in Nov., but I fully expect WDW to enforce their own guidelines and rules.

I just cancelled today. It was a combination of things...the shorter hours, no shows, masks...but the main reason was we just learned that my daughter would have to quarantine TWO WEEKS after returning in order to go back to school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!