Anyone else thinking of cancelling their fall room reservations because of Covid

Our cancellation/rebooking for October is looking more likely. Delta has now waived change fees for our flight period. We would want to rebook for Oct 2021, which we can’t do yet, so we continue to watch and wait.

Our cancellation/rebooking for October is looking more likely. Delta has now waived change fees for our flight period. We would want to rebook for Oct 2021, which we can’t do yet, so we continue to watch and wait.
That's good to hear about Delta. I finally broke down and cancelled our September trip this past Saturday and was waiting to reschedule our Delta Flight once we picked a new date. We decided on the first week of May next year so hoping we can book that far out. Funny that WDW website doesn't have the All Stars available even that far out.

Our March girls trip got moved to October and we also have a November anniversary trip scheduled. I was happy to see that DeSantis rescinded the quarantine requirement for NY/NJ/CT today, as that takes care of one showstopper for us. The other is NY’s quarantine restriction on the way back in, and that’s entirely based on FL positive case percentages... so we are in “wait and see” mode for now. Here’s hoping that cases get under control soon... a little bit selfishly for me, but mostly so the people of FL can be well!

I had a trip planned for May, which got cancelled. I have no desire to go now with all the modifications in place. Masks, temperature taking, no parades, no shows, no fireworks, shorter park hours, no park hopping, no character meals...and Disney is still charging full price? So what if the wait times are down for the rides. Walt Disney World should be so much more! Currently, the value is just not there!

TC :cool1:

I’m also concerned with wearing masks in the heat but we probably will have to next Spring too. I still would think about going if we didn’t have to fly. Southwest changing our flights from direct to multiple stops sealed the deal

I haven't canceled yet for late August, but I'm mentally preparing myself to. I have a few weeks before I need to cancel, so I can still hope for a miraculous turnaround in FL's COVID numbers.

After that we have end of September into October to worry about, but I'll put that off until after deciding on the August trip.

I've already had a March and May canceled on me, so I'm getting used to disappointment.

I went ahead and canceled the August trip this morning. :sad: It sucks worse when you have to go through and cancel everything (ADRs, park reservations) yourself, for my last two Disney did it all automatically because they were closed.

We are ready to get back to DW but not until mask mandates are over, shows/parades are in full swing and things are back to some bit of normalcy ie pre covid.

We had a trip planned for this past June and canceled rather than rescheduling.

I am still on the fence for my 8 night October trip. Our main reason for going is to experience Galaxy's Edge. All the reports of low crowds and wait times were too good to pass up. So I was willing to deal with fewer experiences for full price park tickets. I plan to rent a car to avoid buses, so I am considering saving A LOT of money by switching to offsite house with private pool since all the onsite benefits are gone. But now, Disney has reduced hours in Oct and visitors are reporting significantly increased crowds so extremely low wait times are gone. The only reason I haven't cancelled is because I am still holding out a tiny sliver of hope that crowds will be lower again in Oct. I am going to watch crowd levels and wait until the last possible minute to make a decision.

Last edited:
since the F&W is down to only 20 booths and only open till 7pm good chance my son will have me cancel his room too.

Officially cancelled out mid November trip. We’ll be going back November 2021. I am very sad but strangely at peace and kinda relieved. We were going to stay at Jambo on our DVC points and it was stressful keeping up with closures and what may or may not be open. Plus I just don’t know how the kids will do in masks. They also love character meet and greets, fireworks, parades and character meals. Just wasn’t a good fit this year for us sadly

We have a 9 day trip in November and going to wait to a few weeks before travel to decide.
If the outdoor mask policy is still going strong, we will likely cancel and take our money elsewhere.

I'm still wait-and-see for November and December. If FL numbers continue to fall and CT rescinds the return quarantine, we will go.

I have a mid-November trip and still on the fence. Like the above poster, it will depend upon the numbers.

We were going sept 7 to the 17th. Not to parks just to a couple dvc resorts. Because of the mess Florida has made of Covid cases we cancelled two weeks ago. We still have a trip in March 2021 planned and the transatlantic cruise in DCL next may from Florida to Barcelona. We hope to do both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!