• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone ever hear of "Travel to go"?

shefor24

Mouseketeer
Well, I have the word "sucker" written on my forehead and I need some help here. I bought a package from on of those faxes that you get that comes across the fax machine once in a while advertising "corporate specials". I fell for this one -and of course can't get out of it so I want to know if anyone else has heard of it. I bought a condo that is normally used for time share, but it is for the people who aren't going to use it. Okay, better explained, I am going to use your time share for the week that you are supposed to but you aren't going to go this year. I am going to be paying (total price) for 7 nights and 8days is $398.00 for the first two people and the second two are free. The condo that might be the one I get is Westgate, Summer Villas or......darn I forget the other one. So has anyone heard of "travels to go" out of San Diego??? Supposedly it is not a scam, but I sure feel ripped off.:confused:

Hi there!

I have USED Travel To Go before and they are not a scam so rest assured, you will get your condo. Travel To Go will *place* you in a condo of a Timeshare company that has unused inventory. Often times these are Timeshares going through reorganization or whatever. They are usually not top of the line, however I have NO complaints with them for the price.

We have stayed in Florida at The Ramada by Seaworld (I think - it was awhile ago). The grounds were OK but the condo itself was GREAT. Very spacious 2 bedroom. Nicely decorated. We have also stayed in Hawaii (Maui) twice with them in GREAT places. Oh yeah, in Anaheim by Disneyland maybe 3 - 4 times and liked it there too.

My big sugesstion is to ask for a larger condo if they will let you, like a 2 bedroom if possible. Sometimes you have to pay a little more but it is so worth it! Don't know what you signed up for, but you could ask. Also, you can try putting in your room *request* along with non-smoking or whatever, a REMODELED room. Very often these are older timeshares that are in the process of updating their rooms and some are not newly remodeled and some are. Don't know if that even matters to you or not, but since I am the ultimate Hotel Snob it matters to me.

Good luck & let me know if you have any other questions.

Deb in CA:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter