Anyone familiar with Cypress Pointe??

cd&kids

DIS Veteran
Suddenly, all the excitement of our upcoming trip to WDW in April has been deflated!! We read an earlier thread from someone really disappointed in Cypress Pointe Condos. Subsequent writer didn't seemed too thrilled with it either!
We have a 2-bedroom condo booked for a week at Cypress Pointe (wife, myself, three children 13-thru-5) and we're hoping to hear from others who have stayed there for their opinion/advice. (We were even thinking about saving on a park hopper...getting one less day at Disney...and spending a whole day at condo because it looked so nice.)
Can anyone re-brighten our spirits and get us as excited about our trip as we were before we read those messages??!! Thanks!

If you are talking about Sunterra Cypress Pointe we are staying there for Presidents Week. I have read the mixed reviews also. Here's my take, my family of 5 will be very happy with all the extra room. I actually have a 3 bedroom for the week. I don't believe I read a review that said the rooms were dirty so that's a real positive. We'll be so happy to be spending the time together. I love doing the non-Disney stuff like gocarts, guiness book records, gatorland etc. We're not doing the parks every day by the way. Hopefully the pools will be clean and the kids will get to swim, otherwise we'll pack up and head over the Blizzard Beach. I'm hoping for 70's+ in February....just like last year!

Uh-oh. I am very sorry to write this... but I'd want someone to tell me! :rolleyes: Here's a message that was posted to TUG recently about Sunterra Cypress Pointe Resort:

The following announcement is paraphrased here from the Cypress Pointe Resort at Lake Buena Vista HOA's website to reach out to as many owners, exchangers and renters that may be affected.

To our valued owners and guests. Please note ... the Volcano Pool and deck area are scheduled for rehabilitation. During construction, pool availability will be limited to the Turtle and Free Form Pools in the Grandevillas main courtyard. If using the Volcano pool is critical, please book prior to 4/1/02 OR after 6/1/02 based on our current schedule.

This is the pool with the slide, that's in the Phase One/original section. So if you will be in Phase One, it'll be a little longer walk to the pool, which may be more crowded and has no slide. If all this does matter to you, contact the resort directly and confirm the rehab schedule then decide what to do.

Someone posted to TUG that they had cancelled a timeshare exchange week over it. Hope it helps you... at least with making an informed decision. We haven't stayed there ourselves but liked the looks of the place on a tour/visit and it has an excellent location just down the block from the Crossroads.

Wow...never thought I'd say thanks for the bad news...but thanks. I want to hear both the good and bad.
I called Cypress Pointe today and the receptionist said she knew of no plans to close the pool....I have a call in to a manager.
This is a new experience for us with RCI...I'm hoping the non-refundable fee will be refunded if the pool will indeed be closed....that's a major attraction to this facility!
Thanks again...would love to hear more stories!

I stayed there with my family several years ago. It was affordable, roomy and clean. The place had several exotic birds in the reception area that were entertaing for the kids. I recall that there was a limited gift shop/snack area, but you would be so close to a mall, with a really nice supermarket. Also, the pool area was fine. Have a nice time.

Just wanted to say thanks to you for your input...and honesty! Because of the pool closing, we were able to switch....now staying at nearby Silver Lake...a 2-bedroom condo.
Will start a new thread asking if anyone has stayed there!! Anyone heard of it? Thanks again...

I stood in Silver Lake Resort On Black Lake Rd. in Kissimmee a few years back and I hated my stay at that Timeshare resort. My viewpoint may be very different thank others but The sales office is constantly calling your villa leaving messages if you want to take a tour. The Pool is a little bit under fit for the resorts size. They keep building more units but they don't have the pool room for all the people and when they do have a nice intimate event with people who are at the pool like welcome night they hardly have room for anyone. I enjoyed my stay at least but I really wasn't at the resort much. The rooms aren't anything great to brag about either im suprised that a resort with a "Gold Crown" isn't that great in my book. I hope this helps you

I just found out today about the pool closure ... called HGVC and cancelled the reservation for 4/5 - 4/19, lucked out that we were able to get a 3 bedroom unit with HGVC in Orlando for the same week (have stayed there before).

I stayed at Cypress Pointe in Dec of 2000 and again in November of 2001. With the 2000 trip we stayed one week in the Phase 1 section (I was not impressed) and then one week in the Phase 2 section (nicer decor, roomier-I loved it). I would not stay in Phase 1 again. In 2001, we stayed in the Phase 2 section. The unit we were origianlly placed in had a stain and tear in the bedroom carpet. The kitchen counter top was chipped. I phoned the front desk and I was immediately changed to a unit that was in perfect condition. For a large family the 3 bedroom in Phase 2 is great. I believe the size is over 1800 sq feet. The third bedroom is actually a one bedroom lockout (it is 2 rooms, a combo kitchenette/sitting area plus the bedroom, bathroom). I would stay there again.

Dreamer can you post a report when you return? This was on our list of places to stay. The volcano pool closure may be disappointing but we figure to hit the water parks, etc, so it won't stop us. We are a family of 5 looking for 2 bedrooms with beds for DD & DS, kitchen, like the washer/dryer in the room and the location. Would love to know what you think, thanks!

mom42680 - Yes, I will post when I return. We get back on 2/24. Are you choosing this property thru an RCI exchange?

No we found it thru' Hotelkingdom.com, we are going in April and they are offering $95. a night

Just a suggestion to find a lower price. Try www.skyauction.com, we got a 3 bedroom for President's Week (high season also) for a total of $500. We won our bid back in July or August. A 2 beedroom unit is usually a lot less, like under $300 for the week. Either way, I'll post on my return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter