anyone going tonight to AK moonlight magic??

Geez, with those kinda waistlines I'm also wondering if it is worth it. We have April 17th tickets, but with little ones in tow, I'm wondering if it is worth the bother?

No children with us, but we have found interesting and fun things to do each time we have gone.

It sounds well attended.
Up here in south Jersey we had snow, I wish I was in AK with you!

Oh, we've had a great trip and I'd always rather be at Disney than working at home! But it wasn't exactly warm here last night either. We were wearing light jackets over long sleeves and pants, and my kids were still cold and taking every chance to go indoors. And we are from Ottawa (six or seven hundred miles due north of Jersey), so we well understand cold and snow!

With the long lines and wait time, was it worth attending?

:earsboy: Bill

Honestly, I think these events are best if you are on a shorter trip and otherwise wouldn't make it to the moonlight magic park, or it saves you a day's admission. For those with longer tickets and / or APs, I'm not sure it adds a lot. Maybe a chance to meet a few less common characters for those who are interested. We had a Mickey bar each and managed to beat the crowd to Primeval Whirl between 9-9:30, but otherwise the best part was simply being able to stroll through the park without dodging people everywhere. We did better on lines with Fastpasses earlier in the day, but we also have the luxury of being on a longer trip, so we have time to visit most parks twice.

No children with us, but we have found interesting and fun things to do each time we have gone.

Good to hear, I guess we will see how it goes, our girls bedtime is 7-8pm so this will be a late night for them hope it's worth it.

Is it worth going. YES! Rode FOP twice. Said 90 min wait and it was only 1 hour the first time and 45 minutes the second time. Navi River was 25 minutes.

AK doesn’t have as many rides as the MK, but you get MICKEY BARS for free, a dance party and no lines at the other attractions. Kali was open but it was too cold. It was 60 degrees.

If they had a few lion king shows it would really help. But the AK Is the AK And since there are not a lot of rides the party there is a little different and the lines are longer..but if you want to actually enjoy the atmosphere of the AK without the wall to wall people you will enjoy it. There is definitely a lot to do but I spent most of my time from 7-12:30 in line for FOP, NAVI river and the safari (we got stuck on it)

MK moonlight Magic’s are better, but it’s so great to be treated to free food, drinks, ice cream and special dance party and shorter lines.

I've been to epcots, MK and typhoon lagoons and it’s a great night... it’s just so great that’s DVC is doing these. So definitely go!

My husband and I were there and had a great time. We were in line at the Poly for our tickets at 6:30 and weren’t old that they would not arrive until 7:30 so we jumped on a bus and were in the park by 7:10pm. We first stopped at the Nomad Lounge and had a drink and then did It’s Tough to be a Bug. We then rode Primevil Whirl twice and then Dinosaur. We were going to grab food there, but the line was long, so we went to the Flaming BBQ. Rode Everest. Had a Mickey bar and made our way to Pandora and rode Na’vi River Journey (20 minute wait). Grabbed another drink and got in line for FOP and they were correct that it was a 60 minute wait. We then made our way back to Asia and rode Everest 4 more times (yes, it reopened) and at 1:00am we made our way to the bus. Great night!

Today I heard they had veggie burgers in Dinoland and wish I hadd done that. My husband and I just hot a hotdog and I got corrots and he had a cookie. There have been reports of people grabbing bags of both, but that was no an option where we ate because they had it behind the counter.

My husband and I were there and had a great time. We were in line at the Poly for our tickets at 6:30 and weren’t old that they would not arrive until 7:30 so we jumped on a bus and were in the park by 7:10pm. We first stopped at the Nomad Lounge and had a drink and then did It’s Tough to be a Bug. We then rode Primevil Whirl twice and then Dinosaur. We were going to grab food there, but the line was long, so we went to the Flaming BBQ. Rode Everest. Had a Mickey bar and made our way to Pandora and rode Na’vi River Journey (20 minute wait). Grabbed another drink and got in line for FOP and they were correct that it was a 60 minute wait. We then made our way back to Asia and rode Everest 4 more times (yes, it reopened) and at 1:00am we made our way to the bus. Great night!

Today I heard they had veggie burgers in Dinoland and wish I hadd done that. My husband and I just hot a hotdog and I got corrots and he had a cookie. There have been reports of people grabbing bags of both, but that was no an option where we ate because they had it behind the counter.
Hi-so I was curious about check in also-the website says check in at AK or dawa bar-they had check in at the resort?? but not until 7:30?? so would you def. check in at the park?? TIA

Hi-so I was curious about check in also-the website says check in at AK or dawa bar-they had check in at the resort?? but not until 7:30?? so would you def. check in at the park?? TIA
If you are already in the park, you can check in at the Dawa Bar near Harambe Marketplace. If you are outside the park, you can check in outside the gates at 7:30PM or later, although we came at a busy time, so they checked us in and directed us to Dawa Bar to get our wristbands. You can also check in at DVC resorts after 7:30PM.

We will be there starting on the 12th and leaving on the 18th from BCV, so hopefully our girls won't turn into pumpkins the next day from staying up to late.

Good to hear, I guess we will see how it goes, our girls bedtime is 7-8pm so this will be a late night for them hope it's worth it.

I just got back and attended the 3/21 event with my DD5. She was laser focused on riding EE for the first time and got to do it 5 times in a row. :) We arrived around 7:00 and left around 9:45 and made it to MK rope drop the next morning. There is no way we would have done it with our DD2 and fortunately my DW was not overly interested in going herself so she took the youngest to the room for bed. It was great for a couple of hours with a young one, but unless we could have slept in later the next morning she would not have made it much later without being cranky. I also told her we could only go if she took a good nap that day before we went (which she did).

We’ll be there tonight.

We will be there tonight as well.

We're here too.

My family was there tonight.

Is it worth going. YES! Rode FOP twice.

My husband and I were there and had a great tim

Just curious for those of you who went -- did they have any light up mugs for rivers of light. My husband and I watched videos of last years event and he has been all excited thinking they would have these special light up mugs again. But I haven't read about anyone mentioning any free items (other than food and games).

Just curious for those of you who went -- did they have any light up mugs for rivers of light. My husband and I watched videos of last years event and he has been all excited thinking they would have these special light up mugs again. But I haven't read about anyone mentioning any free items (other than food and games).

I didn't notice anything mentioned on the pamphlet (and I did specifically look), or see anything given out at the park besides the food and game tickets. We watched ROL before the party though, so if it was a specific ROL thing we would have missed it.

This was the mug given out last year. Such a novelty item and i am sure once home it would likely end up in a box in the basement, but they do look cool

ASD-09-06-2017+-+7.jpg

did anyone meet any characters? wondering how long the lines are and what time they started meeting? also what time did they start the free food and ice cream bars? thanks

did anyone meet any characters? wondering how long the lines are and what time they started meeting? also what time did they start the free food and ice cream bars? thanks

We met with Jiminy Cricket around 11:30. I didn't time it, but the wait was maybe 15 minutes. Then went to Pocahontas and waited less than 10 minutes, but I think we got a bit lucky there. We caught her just after a shift change and there were only a couple of people ahead of us. By the time we left the line was much longer; Pocahontas was taking quite a long time with each party. The other lines I saw looked similar to Cricket (at the same time of night).

Everything started at 9:30. The food lines were crazy long early on, to the point that I was wondering if everyone just came for the hot dogs. They got better later on. We ate at Boma earlier in the evening and didn't bother to wait in those lines, so can't say how fast they moved.

We met with Jiminy Cricket around 11:30. I didn't time it, but the wait was maybe 15 minutes. Then went to Pocahontas and waited less than 10 minutes, but I think we got a bit lucky there. We caught her just after a shift change and there were only a couple of people ahead of us. By the time we left the line was much longer; Pocahontas was taking quite a long time with each party. The other lines I saw looked similar to Cricket (at the same time of night).

Everything started at 9:30. The food lines were crazy long early on, to the point that I was wondering if everyone just came for the hot dogs. They got better later on. We ate at Boma earlier in the evening and didn't bother to wait in those lines, so can't say how fast they moved.
thanks hoping the lines aren't too long earlier in the night

Oh my I must have missed that or got my threads mixed up lol
I tried to print but the original is a little too dark is there any other places it is posted ???
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter