Anyone hate flying out of MCO?

I am booked to leave at 3 PM in October. Is there a time of the day that is worst then other times? I thought about getting clear over TSA Precheck because they also offer Clear at Sports venues.

I literally just booked my PreCheck appointment prior to seeing this thread. I also fly out of EWR to MCO yearly. We fly early morning so security isn’t so bad, but MCO..... oh boy.

TBH, I don't even know what one has to do to get approved for precheck. Do you have an appointment with someone? Is this something you apply for?

TBH, I don't even know what one has to do to get approved for precheck. Do you have an appointment with someone? Is this something you apply for?
It's all on the TSA PreCheck website. It's easy but does take an appointment and some documents

Will TSA Precheck help for cruise ships at all?
No, since you need to clear immigration and customs when debarking from a cruise ship that has sailed in international waters. Even the more extensive Global Entry and Nexus programs that include precheck may not help unless the port is set up for it. I know that for the Disney Cruise Line, Port Canaveral, Miami, New York, and Galveston do not do Global Entry. I don’t know about San Diego, since the only cruise we did out of that port was one-way to Galveston and so we only boarded there.

Love TPA, hate MCO. We just flew back Sat morning from mco. It took us 50 min at 6:30 am. My hubby says every ime we are driving next time from northern Ontario. It' 26 hours drive. Hmmmm no. But he hates it so much.

I suggest getting TSA Pre-Check. Pre-Check security only takes 2-5 minutes total even at MCO.

Can’t say i’ve ever Been able to make it thru precheck @ MCO in that time frame. You must really hit it just right. I’m happy when the process takes 15 minutes :)

Can’t say i’ve ever Been able to make it thru precheck @ MCO in that time frame. You must really hit it just right. I’m happy when the process takes 15 minutes :)
That's all it ever takes us. 5 or so min. Over 10 flights since we got PreCheck.

That's all it ever takes us. 5 or so min. Over 10 flights since we got PreCheck.

Are we talking from the time you enter precheck line until you are ready to board the tram?

We tend to take the last flight out. Entering anywhere from 4 to 7 pm, both week days & Saturday. Terminal B (Spirit) tends to be longer wait.

Last flight was a month ago. an elderly gentleman ahead of us really gummed things up. Made quite the scene, loudly complaining they were abusing him via insisting he toss several bottles of water. Why he wasn’t pulled aside instead of letting drama play out is senseless unless they’re going for that kindler, gentler TSA due to bad press there.:confused3

Are we talking from the time you enter precheck line until you are ready to board the tram?

We tend to take the last flight out. Entering anywhere from 4 to 7 pm, both week days & Saturday. Terminal B (Spirit) tends to be longer wait.

Last flight was a month ago. an elderly gentleman ahead of us really gummed things up. Made quite the scene, loudly complaining they were abusing him via insisting he toss several bottles of water. Why he wasn’t pulled aside instead of letting drama play out is senseless unless they’re going for that kindler, gentler TSA due to bad press there.:confused3
Yeah. From the time they check my boarding pass and ID and the time I go through the scanner. I've been lucky and not encountered any problem travelers.
We fly Southwest, American or Delta.

Yeah. From the time they check my boarding pass and ID and the time I go through the scanner. I've been lucky and not encountered any problem travelers.
We fly Southwest, American or Delta.

Lucky you.

One main reason we now drive is because we hated the "experience" of MCO. It takes us 2 days, and almost 1300 miles each way, but to DH it's worth it.

One main reason we now drive is because we hated the "experience" of MCO. It takes us 2 days, and almost 1300 miles each way, but to DH it's worth it.

Wow 2 days over 2 hours waiting in line. Glad its worth it to you but I would take the 2 hours in line. At least the ride on the airplane is real and people wait over 3 hours for FoP.
But I am sure it also saves you in other ways too.

Yeah, I just can't do it, and we are only about 8 hours drive away. My old hips can't handle sitting that long. Plus, my time is worth something at this point in my life. That's why I spent the $85 for 5 years of no lines. Or extremely short lines. Not to even mention the other benefits of PreCheck such as leaving shoes on, liquids in bags, etc. Makes security a breeze in general. Anything that reduces stress when traveling is worth it. Driving does NOT do that for sure. Not when you have to drive in Atlanta, and many do to get to Orlando. We've even started checking flights from our local airport and if we can get the flight within $100 (ea) of Atlanta's flights, we fly from here to avoid driving to Atlanta.

Yeah, I just can't do it, and we are only about 8 hours drive away. My old hips can't handle sitting that long. Plus, my time is worth something at this point in my life. That's why I spent the $85 for 5 years of no lines. Or extremely short lines. Not to even mention the other benefits of PreCheck such as leaving shoes on, liquids in bags, etc. Makes security a breeze in general. Anything that reduces stress when traveling is worth it. Driving does NOT do that for sure. Not when you have to drive in Atlanta, and many do to get to Orlando. We've even started checking flights from our local airport and if we can get the flight within $100 (ea) of Atlanta's flights, we fly from here to avoid driving to Atlanta.

I am thinking about how much I will travel in the next 5 years and wondering if this could be a good investment also.

I am thinking about how much I will travel in the next 5 years and wondering if this could be a good investment also.
I honestly think if you fly even 1 time a year it is. As long as you can get your hands on the required documents. If you have to order certified copies of your documents that may change things a bit

We are flying with family that won’t have any interest in Pre-Check. Has anyone used one of the paid airport concierge or fast-track services in MCO? I have used a concierge service in several other airports (paid for by work) and it has been great.

I honestly think if you fly even 1 time a year it is. As long as you can get your hands on the required documents. If you have to order certified copies of your documents that may change things a bit

We are getting passports this week, is the documentation any different than that?

We are getting passports this week, is the documentation any different than that?
Nope, because you have to get the same documentation to get a passport you are fine. Once you have a passport it covers you for lots of things. They know you've already gone through the necessary hoops once. They don't make you do them again.

Nope, because you have to get the same documentation to get a passport you are fine. Once you have a passport it covers you for lots of things. They know you've already gone through the necessary hoops once. They don't make you do them again.

So should I wait until my passport arrives?

So should I wait until my passport arrives?
You could or you can take the same documents you had to get for the passport and go on and get PreCheck if you want. PreCheck won't take different ones. Just depends on which way you want to do it really.
PreCheck usually goes really fast. Majority of folks get their KTN within about 5 days of completing their appointment. How long it takes to get an appointment varies greatly. Here it's same day. Other places can be a week or more

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!