Anyone Just Back?

RweTHEREyet

DIS Veteran
I am wondering if we will need to be bundled up to board the ship on Thursday and also when we disembark on Sunday? I am thinking a sweatshirt might be necessary when we get there and then change in to lighter clothing for dinner on Thursday night. Is the ship warm enough to wear tropical attire, sundresses, etc. in the dining rooms, or am I going to freeze until I hit Nassau?

Well, I'm not JUST back, got back 12/15, but I can tell you that on the ship you will be comfortable in shorts during the day and tropical wear at night, along with a sweater or jacket if necessary. I know it's been cool in Florida so you'll want to dress warm enough for your departure, but once you're out to sea your temps should warm up nicely....at least it was warm in the Caribbean. If you're doing the 3 or 4-night cruise then it will be a little cooler in Nassau, but still should be nice.

Enjoy! :)

The forecast for Cape Canaveral for Thursday:

"Becoming partly cloudy...breezy and cold. Highs in the upper 50s."

You'll definitely want to wear long pants and a sweatshirt or jacket.

Nassau on Friday has a forecast high of 75.

Castaway Cay on Saturday has a forecast high of 75.

Cape Canaveral should be warmer when you return on Sunday. Forecast high is 70.

Make sure you bring sweaters for the evenings. We made numerous trips back to the room for sweaters as we found the theaters and dining rooms a bit cold. Have an awesome time... I wish I was back on the ship. What an wonderful experience is waiting for you!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Got back on Saturday. It was "cold" as in not actually cold but not tropical weather lol. However the inside areas were still highly air conditioned and a sweater would have been beneficial at some points. I am someone who tends to run warm, our whole family is really, and even I found it chilly at times. Bring sweaters for layering for sure!

We sailed 1/11-1/15. It was in the mid to high 50s on arrival at Port Canaveral. I was fine with a light sweater and capris. Our warmest days were mid 70s. The only time I wore my heavier jacket was the final evening. My kids had the Donald pool and aquaduck all to themselves. It was chilly watching them swim, even with a hooded jacket. Inside I carried a light sweater (I'm always cold) but rarely needed it.

Oh for.....I usually check dates!! I'm guessing the multiple posts with the "." resurrected??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter