Anyone know about perks for stockholders?

Rhongepooh

<font color=red>I must ponder this news<br><font c
I read on another board that if you were a stockholder (even 1 share which is about $20 ) you qualify for certain perks. One of these perks was for the free dining package. If that's true then I have no problem purchasing the stock (in fact a few of the stocks) to get this rate. However, I can't find anything else about it. ANyone here know or know where I could find out? We're looking to go in November and I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need the free dining package so I can talk me hubby into going again NEXT year (this year will be an all girls' trip, just me and my girls to a family gathering).

I;m a stock holder and have never heard this but who knows.

I know that if you own 50,000 shares you get at least one perk.

And that is

BEING RICH.

Anewman said:
I know that if you own 50,000 shares you get at least one perk.

And that is

BEING RICH.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: We are stockholders and I have never heard of any perks. But if anyone finds out about any, please post them here.

I've heard that they used to offer certain perks to all stockholders, but stopped a long time ago. I found something on an about.com page that says stockholders get big dscounts. I don't know if this was ever true, or has always been an urban legend. But according to Disney's corporate site, there is no shareholder benefit program. I still think it would be nice to get one of those single shares of stock as a gift. ;)

Sorry stockholders dont receive any benefits. They use to get park tickets when they used to have the annual meeting at DL or WDW. But since a group of cms showed up at a meeting ME has banned the meetings anywhere near these two locations.

We have over 2000 shares and we get nothing! Stock doesn't even go up most the time! LOL!

Nope no perks here either. We just used to be able to get the old Disney Club (which is no longer for those wondering what it is) at a discount I think (or maybe they made me think it was a discount) but that was it.

about.com states that you get a discount on a Magic Kingdom Card...Whoa...that's an OLD article, lol.

No perks that I've ever received.

tlbwriter said:
I still think it would be nice to get one of those single shares of stock as a gift.

I got one for Christmas, it's pretty cute. Looks like a large postage stamp in a black cardboard frame. :goodvibes

A long time ago stockholders got room rates that were similar to CM and FL resident rates. Too many people were buying a few shares of stock just for the discounts. Disney then gave stockholder a small discount on the Magic Kingdoom card. My memory is they got the renewal rate for the initial purchase. If there were any currently available stockholder discounts you'd read about it here and on sites like mousesavers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter