Anyone know about special rates for CDNs at Alamo Rent-a-Car?

Susanne

Earning My Ears
I saw an article on go2orlando.com (possibly very old) that mentioned special rates for Alamo using code LY. Supposedly this deal lets you pre-pay the rental in CDN dollars, and is very cheap. However, when I called Alamo, the agent said that I needed an ID number to go with the rate code. Has anyone heard about this, or successfully used it to get a good price?

Thanks,

Susanne

Sorry Susanne, but I have not seen a code for Alamo recently. Anyone else?

Hi Susanne,

I'm looking into car rental rates right now for our trip in March. If I see anything I'll let you know.

Not sure of any codes but they do have a website.
Also, when I went over Easter Alamo was the Car Rental for World of Vacations. In there brochure they offer the pay for the insurance in CDN which I did. This was a big savings! If you are dealing with a TA ask them about this or maybe the website has some codes.

Hope this helps.
Scratch
:smooth:

PS I found that Alamo's cars were a little on the dirty side and make sure everything works. Also, be prepared to have any taxes, etc. charged to your credit card first then deducted after you return the car. It cost me 10 cents for exchange rate. Not much but it all adds up!

My TA and I looked into rentals for next April/May (10 days).
I prefer to have an ''in airport'' rental agency.
The best rate we found was Dollar Rental in the
airport full size vehicle (they also had an excellent
rate for a minivan). If you have CAA you can usually
get a pretty good deal on a rental. Second best rate
was Alamo (my TA thinks they are going to have ''in airport''
service in the new year). We reserved Dollar, they have
verygood cancellation policies.

Does anyone have any info on Dollar Rentals?

We've never used them before-Used Alamo, Avis
and National in Airport.

Any better codes out there for next year?

(Hey-just got a Dollar postcard for free
one class upgrade-this is looking good!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter