Anyone know the bus route from MK to BWV?

BWVDenise

I believe in something, I just don't know what it
I'd like to find out how many stops there are in between. I'm trying to find the quickest means of transport back to BWV after Spectromagic Parade...
TIA!!

I don't know, but they probably know over on the transportationo board. I'm going to move this over there for you.

Katholyn

Depending on the time of year, it may stop at Swan, Dolphin, YC/BC (2 stops, I think), then BW. If it is busy, they usually skip S/D

Anytime we've used the bus from MK to BW late, they stop at Swan, Dolphin, YC, BC then finally BW. Seems like forever to get back. You could get off at the Swan and walk, but we are usually too tired to do that. Reminds me why I like to drive.

Debbie has a good point. If you are not too tired, get off at the Swan, walk out the back of the bus stop ands behind the Swan. Go over the bridge and you are at the Dance Hall end of the BW.

Originally posted by Mickey_Maniac
Debbie has a good point. If you are not too tired, get off at the Swan, walk out the back of the bus stop ands behind the Swan. Go over the bridge and you are at the Dance Hall end of the BW.

Unless you can fly like a bird (or Tinkerbelle, LOL), taking the bus and getting off at the Swan is absolutely the quickest way to get back to the BWV after Spectro (or any time when there are lots of people leaving at the same time).

To get to a car, you would have to fight the crowds for a spot on either the ferry and/or the monorail. Then you have to walk or take a tram just to get to your car. Then you have lots of cars also trying to get out of the MK lot at the same time. Disney bus drivers know the ropes/short cuts.

If you are really in a hurry to get back, try to watch Spectro from a spot near the MK entrance so you can be one of the first in line for the bus.

It's hard to give you an exact route, as Disney Transport is a highly dynamic operation. Routes change all the time.

It really depends on what time you leave the park. Chances are if you leave the park during a busy time (Parade Exit) the bus will be Yacht -> Beach -> Boardwalk. Approx 16 minutes, give or take.

If it's a bit past the parade exit, and the Park Exit rush is over, they might combine all 5 resorts... however of course, if there's no one going to the Dolphin, for example, the driver will skip it.

To get to a car, you would have to fight the crowds for a spot on either the ferry and/or the monorail. Then you have to walk or take a tram just to get to your car. Then you have lots of cars also trying to get out of the MK lot at the same time. Disney bus drivers know the ropes/short cuts.

When we go to MK at night for either Spectro or MVMCP and I know there will be crowds getting out, that's when we take the bus rather than drive, I agree with you. If we are leaving the park mid-afternoon or early evening, I will drive. Last May, I timed the drive from our front door at OKW to the front of MK, including the express monorail, it was 25 minutes (mid-morning, not opening time). Considering the time it takes waiting for the bus and by time it hits all the stops at OKW, I don't think the bus would have been any faster (we were in the Turtle Pond area). At BWV, it's nice that it's the last stop going to MK (unless you don't get a seat) but coming back everytime I've been on it, it has stopped at S-D-YC-BC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter