Anyone want to offer dining suggestions for a foodie?

staceywj

Mouseketeer
DH builds the day around food and we are going for a total of 10 days! So, I would love to hear your suggestions!

We have been to the common restaurants: CM, BOG, CRT, Sci-Fi, 1900 Park Fare and a few in Epcot but want to venture out.

Thanks!

Our plan is to work our way through the Signature restaurants although are not adverse to some 1 credit TS too. By the end of this summer we'll be 1/2 through the list of 21, LOL.

At this moment I would highly recommend Jiko, Flying Fish, and, Boathouse.

Jiko was by far our favorite restaurant on our recent trip, definitely a unique “foodie” experience with wild boar, elk loin, etc. We also really enjoyed Narcoosees’s and Yachtsman Steakhouse, less adventurous but excellent meals and service. Boma was great for brunch and had a wide array of African-inspired dishes to choose from. And the Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge has wonderful small plates, charcuterie, and cocktails.

I really enjoy Tiffins, brunch and dinner at Cali Grill, Jiko, Yachtsman, Boathouse, Paddlefish, Morimoto Asia, Spice Road Table for dining.

For lounges, Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge is excellent, as well as Ale & Compass Lounge. The charcuterie and cheese plate at BaseLine TapHouse in DHS is really great as well, so that's my new go-to for a beer and a snack.

Consider the following:

Artist Point
California Grill
Hollywood Brown Derby
Monsieur Paul
Jiko

If you aren't on the dining plan, Swan/Dolphin has some great restaurants - bluezoo, Kimono's (for sushi), Il Mulino, Shula's. Also, if you aren't on the dining plan, Trader Sam's and Nomad Lounge has some great small plates/apps

For more casual meals, try the Wave, Ale & Compass and Sanaa.

There are also some great QS - Satul'i Canteen, Tangierine Cafe and Les Halles des France are our favorites

Our plan is to work our way through the Signature restaurants although are not adverse to some 1 credit TS too. By the end of this summer we'll be 1/2 through the list of 21, LOL.

At this moment I would highly recommend Jiko, Flying Fish, and, Boathouse.

My DH would love to be on vaca with you!

Just curious. How are the restaurants where you live? We are fortunate to live between Baltimore and DC and have access to some great restaurants that are better than virtually anything at WDW. Although we do it some signature meals at WDW we prefer to just wait and spend it locally. It's a far better value.

Given that, California Grill: brunch and dinner, Flying Fish, and Jiko.

Consider the following:

Artist Point
California Grill
Hollywood Brown Derby
Monsieur Paul
Jiko

If you aren't on the dining plan, Swan/Dolphin has some great restaurants - bluezoo, Kimono's (for sushi), Il Mulino, Shula's. Also, if you aren't on the dining plan, Trader Sam's and Nomad Lounge has some great small plates/apps

For more casual meals, try the Wave, Ale & Compass and Sanaa.

There are also some great QS - Satul'i Canteen, Tangierine Cafe and Les Halles des France are our favorites
Not for lack of trying I still haven't eaten anywhere in the Morocco or France Pavilion besides the street kiosk creperie (too much jam and not a good enough spread-lots of sugar with little berry taste) or Satul'l. This must be repaired.

Last weekend I offered to give the man away in trade for another woman's spouse. Her husband was the only adult at the front desk of a hotel who could open a childproof bottle of cough syrup. I mean ya gotta have your priorities and all:lmao:.
So funny!

So far, booked Yak and Yeti and will try for Cali Grill tomorrow. Booking for Nov and so happy that I am on this without stalking dining numerous times a day. I am now getting excited, too.

We just came back from a signature meal adult trip. I recommend Tiffins and the Nomad Lounge, California Grill brunch, Jiko (though the meal/environment was degraded by children up past their bedtime not being parented) and BlueZoo (excellent service but okay food). Tiffins food, wine list, and service were all tops.

I like your husband already (that sounds wrong :laughing:... but I build my day around food too). You've gotten some terrific suggestions here. Hollywood Brown Derby, Jiko, Yachtsman, Flying Fish, Bluezoo, Il Mulino, Boathouse, California Grill are all favorites. Not sure if this is a family trip or adults only... an alternative to picking just one or two might be a "crawl" either through the monorail resorts, around the Boardwalk area, or throughout Disney Springs. There are many bars & lounges and it would give you the opportunity to have a bite at each and sample more than you otherwise might have a chance to. This is probably more feasible for an adults trip or for a night out as kids probably wouldn't be too into it. Disney has an "official" monorail resort crawl with the Highway in the Sky Dine Around for $170 per person but personally I think it's more fun (& much cheaper) to construct your own route and order off the menu according to your tastes. Hope you have a great trip!!!

Our favorite spots:
California Grill, Jiko, Sanaa, Tiffins, Il Mulino, Flying Fish, Monsieur Paul, Skipper Canteen, Brown Derby, Artist Point, Victoria and Alberts, Restaurant Marrakesh, Raglan Road.

Jiko, Boma, Sanaa, in that order. All three are excellent, but Jiko is on another level and an absolute must for a foodie, imo. Boma and Sanaa are similar but I prefer Boma because it's a buffet, which makes it easier to try more dishes. My other favorites are Yachtsman Steakhouse - not necessarily a "foodie" experience but really excellent food - everything is top quality and very well prepared, in my experience, and Chefs de France - same reason as Yachtsman. Also, Ample Hills ice cream on the Boardwalk is amazing!

Jiko, Boma, Sanaa, in that order. All three are excellent, but Jiko is on another level and an absolute must for a foodie, imo. Boma and Sanaa are similar but I prefer Boma because it's a buffet, which makes it easier to try more dishes. My other favorites are Yachtsman Steakhouse - not necessarily a "foodie" experience but really excellent food - everything is top quality and very well prepared, in my experience, and Chefs de France - same reason as Yachtsman. Also, Ample Hills ice cream on the Boardwalk is amazing!
Thank you for rating them in order, too! It seems those three are def favs. We just decided to get annual passes and planning now for Aug, Oct and Nov. Lots of dining to pan!

DH builds the day around food and we are going for a total of 10 days! So, I would love to hear your suggestions!

We only visit five TS eateries at WDW when we go there for an actual meal.
1) We prefer
. . . fine food
. . . excellent, top notch service
. . . innovative dishes with flair and quality
. . . overall great value
. . . relaxed and soothing dining atmosphere
. . . behaved and somewhat quiet patrons
2) The only sit-down restaurants we routinely visit,
. . . Sanaa - Animal Kingdom Villas Resort (one of my personal favs)
. . . Turf Club - Saratoga Springs
. . . Citricos - Grand Floridian Resort
. . . Shula's Steakhouse - Dolphin Resort (no DDP)
. . . Il Mulino - Swan Resort (no DDP)
3) Our (nearby) off-site Recommendations:
. . . Bull & Bear - Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek - Fine Dining
. . . Café D'Antonio - Celebration - Casual Italian
. . . Columbia - Celebration - Casual Spanish/Cuban
. . . Fish Bones - Hwy192 - Seafood
. . . Venetian Room - Caribe Royale Hotel - Fine Dining
. . . The Hotel Tea Room - Davenport, FL - Casual - Friday Steak-Fry, Afternoon Tea

We have been to the common restaurants: CM, BOG, CRT, Sci-Fi, 1900 Park Fare and a few in Epcot but want to venture out.

Thanks!
There are adventurous-foodies, food-quality foodies, and/or folks who just want have fun around food. Disney has something for everyone.

Fun-around-food - so-called 'uniquely-Disney' places like Sci-Fi Dine-In, 50's Prime Time, Coral Reef, Character meals, etc. You mentioned having been to these places.

Adventurous would include places that are not typical to where you're from or how you typically eat. I live in the mountains where seafood places are less common. For many people on Dis'Boards adventurous would include the curry-profiles at Jiko, Sanaa (which is also uniquely Disney because of the daylight viewing of animals), Nomad Lounge, and Tiffins. We prefer Sanaa & Nomad Lounge over both Signatures. Marrakesh & Spice Table would be on this list too.

Quality - Victoria & Albert is where dinner meets theater and is an over-the-top dining experience for most anyone. Swan & Dolphin Signatures are a cut-above 'typical' Disney Signatures. We very much enjoy the seafood @ BlueZoo and the amazing steaks @ Shula's (better value on lobster at Shula's than Narcoossee's; chocolate souffle is a 'must-do'). Not to be overlooked for any foodie is Capa @ Four Seasons for authentic tapas - they serve steaks too, but we like the small plates.

Also, look at the menus in Disney Springs. Celebrity Chef Rick Bayless serves fantastic high-end Mexican food @ Frontera. Boathouse has there own brand of (expensive) oysters that are delicious. Homecoming serves excellent fried chicken. Paddlefish just won a local award for their seafood.....

I'm a foodie. But I also have my 'guilty-pleasures' when at Disney....Mickey Bars....Casey's over-stuffed hotdogs....nachos at ESPN.....chicken'n'waffle @ Sleepy Hollow.....hand-made Margaritas to-go from 50's Prime Time....gelato @ Vivoli il Gelato.....

Enjoy your journey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!