AP and DDE Short Notice

crisi

DIS Veteran
My DH just threw me a curveball.

After running numbers we decided that 10 day MYW tickets no expiry were the best option this year. We were really close to making the DDE break even, but not close enough for the bother. They are bought.

Now he is planning on taking his brother down (cash trip) in March. His brother has had kind of a bad year.

That makes an AP/DDE make a lot of sense - at least for him - but we leave in two weeks.

I can hold onto his 10 day pass, that isn't a problem.

So how would getting an AP and DDE work short notice? I think what happens is that we buy the AP on arrival date (at the park gates, not the resort?), once we have the AP, call DDE (what is the number?) with the AP number, and pick up our DDE the next day at Epcot Guest Relations?

Thanks,

For our June trip we were very last minute as we were waiting for our DVC resale purchase to go thru in order to get the annual pass discount. This is what member services told us to do the week before. Order the annual pass from member services and request that it be mailed. By requesting that it be mailed, this generated the actual number that was needed to order the DDE card. The number wasn't available then but they said wait two days then call member services and tell them you didn't receive it yet and they would be able to give the number over the phone. We did and we got the number and then called DDE and ordered the card. The letter was ready for pick up on Sat night when we arrived. DDE was not open on the weekends, so this worked out better for us than waiting until we got there to do everything. We also had character meals planned for that Sunday so we were able to use the DDE for that for a savings of $30, not much, but hey....

They also told me that if we didn't receive the voucher in time that we would still be able to get the annual pass when we got to Disney. We did however get the voucher the day before we left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter