AP and Event Ticket Refund

Kevenswife2

WDW vs DLR...impossible to choose a favorite!
In Oct I purchased 2 adult tickets to Disney After Hours for Jan. In Nov I purchased Annual Passes. Now I see I could have saved money if I had waited and bought the DaH tickets while having the APs.

Is there any chance Disney would refund or credit me the difference? The rules say they are non-refundable...but I'm hoping.....:p

I've read where others have received a refund on Christmas Party tickets when something came up.

Last edited:
You should be able to! In my experience, I bout them this past January at guest services but they would not charge to my room, only my credit card, which did not work for me as I had discounted Disney gift cards. They were able to resolve that, so your situation should be pretty easy.

I would suggest calling to see. It can't hurt.

Who do you think I should call? I'll look to see if I can find an AP Holder number.

I just spent 55 minutes on hold to be told... Nope, can't do it without an active AP! :mad: Our AP won't be activated until we arrive Jan 24. I'll give it another try right after we activate our APs.:tigger:

I just spent 55 minutes on hold to be told... Nope, can't do it without an active AP! :mad: Our AP won't be activated until we arrive Jan 24. I'll give it another try right after we activate our APs.:tigger:

Good luck with this! Just an FYI, they might have to do that at guest relations rather than the resort. January 2017 I wanted to purchase the Disney After Hours tickets. The hotel wasn't able to give me the AP rate so I had to go to guest relations to get the discount. For whatever reason the EPCOT CM could not charge it back to the room (where I could pay it off with a gift card at the end of our stay) and only onto a card I had with me aka my credit card. Since the event was that night rather than a few days ahead of time, I did not have a chance to go back to my room.

I did go to Hollywood Studios later that day and they were able to refund the purchase of the tickets from my CC and charged it back to the room, but it was a hassle and took longer than it really should have. Moral of the story: be persistent, but calm. If they can do a purchase, refund, and repurchase in one day, they should be able to do that a few days ahead of time, provided you are not landing on a Thursday/Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!